Thermal
August Member
I think you've got nothing, but you still feel the need to reply, so you're backpedaling and feigning joking detachment to save face. Fine, whatever. I hope that it'll at least cause you to consider a new perspective, the next time you hear an attack on different beliefs couched as a matter of politeness.
Oh, please. I'm not backpedaling anywhere. I'm at exactly the same position I have been since the start of this inane discussion, flippant approach included.
The interesting part here is the approach you and others have taken. You misread my argument into one you are more comfortable arguing, then give canned responses. You put up a pretense of the OP being a case of minority religious beliefs fighting their way for equal treatment. Who could argue against that, right? How noble is their valiant crusade.
But that's not what happened. The Satanists requested permission to install their statuary, and it was granted without issue. Some twitterers tweeted the same stuff they always tweet. Big deal. So basically, no issue here. I opine that they are being dicks for the hell of it instead of doing something productive, and you launch the crusade again. And...this is the fun part...using precisely the same argumentative tactics that you criticize as bullying and intolerant. And you genuinely can't see that.