• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: The Trump Presidency 11: Insert something funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. You really should be watching him unravel live on TV right now over the Cohen news.


Let's note what the Cohen news is:

Michael Cohen, a former personal attorney to President Trump, pleaded guilty Thursday in New York to one count of making false statements to Congress about a Moscow real estate project that Trump and his company pursued during the months he was running for president.

In a nine-page filing, prosecutors laid out a litany of lies that Cohen admitted he told to congressional lawmakers about the Moscow project — an attempt, Cohen said, to minimize links between the proposed development and Trump as his presidential bid was taking off.

Cohen falsely said efforts to build a Trump-branded tower in Moscow ended in January 2016, when in fact discussions continued through that year, the filing said. Among the people Cohen briefed on the status of the project was Trump himself, on more than three occasions, accord to the document.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...e8-bc79-68604ed88993_story.html?noredirect=on
 
I get the impression that is what the correspondent that I was replying to was suggesting.
I realize this is tough to grasp for binary thinkers, brace yourself. Options actually exist between war, and being Putin's subservient lap dog.
 
I realize this is tough to grasp for binary thinkers, brace yourself. Options actually exist between war, and being Putin's subservient lap dog.

Looks back at you original post...

huh, you don't say... and when I say that I mean you literally didn't say anything like that at all just some snarky sarcastic nonsense, because of course.
 
I suspect spines will be stiffened relative to the apparent doom of Donald. The more likely he is to fall, the more Republicans will suddenly discover vertebrae, muscle and cartilage they didn't know they had.
I agree.
 
Yeah, I think so too.

I even worry about removing Trump via legal means. On the one hand, he ought to be impeached and removed. I believe that.

On the other hand, such an effort will drive the divisions in our nation further. I don't want that.

There's a balance in there somewhere, which also means that at some point the problems of having a president commit enough crimes and degrade our democracy will outweigh the problems cause by the division created by removing that president from office. That's clearly a judgment call, and I hate to tell you that our system says that our elected representatives in Congress are the ones that make that judgment (after listening to the polls in their districts).
 
Indeed. You really should be watching him unravel live on TV right now over the Cohen news.

Rick Wilson:
“Even Trump's most reliable defenders on Fox, Breitbart, and social media won’t be able to spin all of this away. There is no grand unified QAnon theory that explains how all the bad things racing headlong toward Donald Trump have nothing to do with him.

Pain—political, economic, and legal pain—is coming to Donald Trump, and he’s earned every bit of it. Go long on popcorn stocks.”
 
Gobsmacked since Graham has been such a lickspittle for Trump in recent months.
Or maybe Graham dediced that, given what lies ahead, he does not want to be attorney general after all.

Graham has gone back and forth between supporting and standing up to the Orange One. He must be picking his battles (both ways).
 
And now Laura Ingraham is talking about Jeremiah Wright, playing tape from 10 years ago, and trashing Obama. Seriously, is this all they've got?

I listen to a lot of classic rock to make myself feel good.
 
Trump says of the GM plant closures

“Ohio wasn’t properly represented by their Democrat senator, Senator Brown, because he didn’t get the point across.”

Ohio’s other senator and its governor are both Republicans, as are the governors of Michigan and Maryland where GM is also closing plants.

In Trumps world, the fewer Democrats there are in a system, the more they are to blame when something goes wrong.

It’s like homeopathy.
 
AP BREAKING: Trump cancels meeting with Putin, citing Russia's seizure of Ukrainian vessels.

Individual 1: "I will probably be meeting with President Putin. We haven't terminated that meeting," Trump had said outside the White House on Thursday, shortly before departing for Buenos Aires.

Individual 1, 1 hour later: "Based on the fact that the ships and sailors have not been returned to Ukraine from Russia, I have decided it would be best for all parties concerned to cancel my previously scheduled meeting....
....in Argentina with President Vladimir Putin. I look forward to a meaningful Summit again as soon as this situation is resolved!"


I watched him talking to reporters before boarding for the G20 (which is where that first quote came from) and he was all over the place*. He did say he was going to be having a full briefing on the situation on board the plane so it looks like something changed his mind.

*Michael Cohen is weak, he's a weak person, unlike some other people you watch, so he's lying to the special prosecutor to get himself a shorter sentence.

Individual 1 is going to comfort eat all the way to Buenos Aires.
 
Prediction:
This week: Manafort and Cohen (and others) are pardoned, since they just admitted to lying and are pleading Guilty, at little risk because they know it. Once that's done Mueller will be fired, and The PDJT will defect to Argentina at the G20 Summit this weekend.

I don't think Trump will pardon Cohen. They fell out long ago.
 
Individual 1: "I will probably be meeting with President Putin. We haven't terminated that meeting," Trump had said outside the White House on Thursday, shortly before departing for Buenos Aires.

Individual 1, 1 hour later: "Based on the fact that the ships and sailors have not been returned to Ukraine from Russia, I have decided it would be best for all parties concerned to cancel my previously scheduled meeting....
....in Argentina with President Vladimir Putin. I look forward to a meaningful Summit again as soon as this situation is resolved!"


I watched him talking to reporters before boarding for the G20 (which is where that first quote came from) and he was all over the place*. He did say he was going to be having a full briefing on the situation on board the plane so it looks like something changed his mind.

*Michael Cohen is weak, he's a weak person, unlike some other people you watch, so he's lying to the special prosecutor to get himself a shorter sentence.

Individual 1 is going to comfort eat all the way to Buenos Aires.

Will he? He supposedly eats a lot of fast food because it was made before he ordered it and so couldn't be poisoned. Does that sound like someone who would trust the food on air force one, made by someone who is likely a member of the deep state?
 
I don't think Trump will pardon Cohen. They fell out long ago.

The predictions of pardons aren't related to Trump's desire to take care of his pals. They're about taking away incentives to testify against him. Such pardons would be a double-edged sword though, since it would be more difficult to invoke the 5th amendment when under subpoena.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom