• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

People think hiding behind the "That's not exactly what I said" routine works, don't they?

Newsflash: People are allowed to comment on your obvious subtext.
 
I love how an actual bomb with explosives is called a hoax, while a dumb clock made by a kid is mistaken for a bomb.

Being picky, the clock wasn't mistaken for a bomb for very long. The kid got in trouble for allegedly trying to scare the other kids by making it look like a bomb, since just taking a clock out of its case and putting it in a pencil case didn't seem like much of an "invention." What problem was he trying to solve -- that the clock was too small and too easy to read?
 
A friendly remeinder that the best way to deal with Trolls who get their kicks by disrupting threads is to ignore them. engagins them is just giving them what they want.

Your optimism is completely unfounded.
 
People think hiding behind the "That's not exactly what I said" routine works, don't they?

Newsflash: People are allowed to comment on your obvious subtext.

It's a tactic used by wingnuts and authoritarians throughout history. Pretend human communication is a new thing with no derived meanings.

It's why dog-whistles are a thing.
 
Whether it is or isn't is not relevant. We are constrained to the assumptions presented by phunk.

The analogy I presented started with "If you made 8 bombs..."

I did not say anything that can possibly be made to explode is a bomb.
 
The analogy I presented started with "If you made 8 bombs..."

I did not say anything that can possibly be made to explode is a bomb.

I didn't say you did or didn't. I also didn't say Brooklyn properly interpreted your statement. I said a reply to the logic of your post must work under those constraints.
 
'No Harm,No Foul" does not apply to criminal attacks.

Sideshow Bob: I am presently incarcerated, imprisoned for a crime I did not even commit. "Attempted murder," now honestly, did they ever give anyone a Nobel prize for "attempted chemistry?"
 
Sideshow Bob: I am presently incarcerated, imprisoned for a crime I did not even commit. "Attempted murder," now honestly, did they ever give anyone a Nobel prize for "attempted chemistry?"

That's the third time someone's dropped that quote in this thread.
 
A friendly remeinder that the best way to deal with Trolls who get their kicks by disrupting threads is to ignore them. engagins them is just giving them what they want.

While you were away I found that the DONNY GRAPE JUICE ther·mo·nu·cue·lah* option works surprisingly well. YMMV


*spelled the way Donny would say it.
 
Observations from a former Navy veteran bomb disposal officer:

1. Proper pipe bombs don't have wires connected to both ends. That's dumb.

2. You can find timers / remote control receivers WAY smaller than whatever that white box is. A proper timer would best be stored inside the pipe, making it fully encapsulated. That thing is just silly looking.

3. Bottom Line: Whoever made that wanted it to be painfully obvious to anyone and everyone that it's a "bomb."

This is nearly the same as a bundle of road flares wrapped together with an old-timey alarm clock ticking away.

4. 'Hoax Devices' are FAR more common than real ones. In which case, we should ask ourselves what the motives of the bomber are and who benefits?

-- Tom Sauer (Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal Veteran) Oct 24, 2018
​


Fake News
Fake Bombs
Fake Spartacus
Fake Cherokee
Fake Caravan
Fake Rape
Fake Blue Wave

#FakeBombGate

Ah. Reposting a link to an anonymous source as being utterly authoritative.
Said unknown source also based entire argument on incredulity that a terrorist would ever make a less than ideal device.

Are you arguing for the left? Anyone reading your posts would think so.
 
SnA is arguing that the evidence supports the conclusion that the packages were intended to frighten, but not to actually explode. That's a sensible argument,
It’s not a sensible argument when the bomber put time/effort to make something that could actually explode and build a timer and detonator that could actually trigger and explosion. “maybe they don’t properly wire up the detonator and were building it just for show” is a completely nonsensical argument in this context.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom