• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

Man, the political climate in the US is weird...
Politician A gets talked to at a restaurant and the other party gets called a violent mob.
Politician B gets sent a bomb and ladida, nothing to see here, and even if there were, it's probably their own party's or the media's fault.
 
They count in the sense that they were threatening devices, but lets not kid ourselves there was no way this ******* were going to blow up on their own.

Or as much chance as a pack of road flares with a wrist watch taped together.

Guess the New York times did not get teh news!

None of the devices harmed anyone, and it was not immediately clear whether any of them could have. One law enforcement official said investigators were examining the possibility that they were hoax devices that were constructed to look like bombs but would not have exploded.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/nyregion/clinton-obama-explosive-device.html
 
OK, if this is the one you're referring to, he definitely says 'fake news'

You think this is evidence for your claim?

The President of the United States is literally saying that Mainstream Media is Fake News. That's literally what he's claiming right there. You should not believe what the media (mainstream media, at least) say.

Right. Totally responsible.
 
Making a letter bomb is fairly difficult. Pipe bombs are easy, but making a trigger mechanism that actually detonates at the right moment can be complicated. Hell, it took the Unabomber a few tries to get it right and that guy was a genius.

There is nothing suspicious at all that all these bombs failed to detonate as intended.

Eh, the Unabomber was a mathematician. Genius, perhaps, in many senses, but not practically speaking. Math geeks don't do the real world too well. (No offense intended, since I regard myself in that camp.)
 
They count in the sense that they were threatening devices, but lets not kid ourselves there was no way this ******* were going to blow up on their own.

Or as much chance as a pack of road flares with a wrist watch taped together.

Ummm they had a timer and a detonator. Regardless “I’m too incompetent to pull it off” has never been a valid legal defence so your position s laughable.

Or as much chance as a pack of road flares with a wrist watch taped together.

Wrong again, they were sealed so they very well could have exploded. Right wing incompetence being what it is they may not have but everything we know about the devices suggests they were intended to explode.
 
It's what we mean when we talk about Trumpists not living in reality.

Listen I'm probably the biggest proponent on this board of the idea that were are currently living in a post-truth world and the fact that everybody isn't doing nothing but freaking out about that all the time is incomprehensible to me.

But even within that context "That bomb doesn't count because it didn't go off" is insane.
 
OK, if this is the one you're referring to, he definitely says 'fake news'

At least once a week, Trump reminds us that he cannot find it within himself to even act like a decent human being, under any circumstances.
 
I went to go on a shooting spree, but after my first shot missed my gun jammed, so no crime right?

I thought I had HIV so I tried to bite someone I didn't like and infect them, but it turned out I didn't have HIV, so no crime right?

I went to stab somebody, but the knife was so rusty and dull from misuse that it broke on the guy's jacket, so no crime, right?
 
Ummm they had a timer and a detonator. Regardless “I’m too incompetent to pull it off” has never been a valid legal defence so your position s laughable.



Wrong again, they were sealed so they very well could have exploded. Right wing incompetence being what it is they may not have but everything we know about the devices suggests they were intended to explode.

Regardless “I’m too incompetent to pull it off” has never been a valid legal defence so your position s laughable.

The strawman meter explodes. Please don't lie about what I wrote, sad!

Really, what was the detonator? What difference does it make that they were "sealed"?

There is evidence that they were intended to terrorize, on that everyone can agree. The evidence that they were intended to explode is lacking.
 
I went to go on a shooting spree, but after my first shot missed my gun jammed, so no crime right?

I thought I had HIV so I tried to bite someone I didn't like and infect them, but it turned out I didn't have HIV, so no crime right?

I went to stab somebody, but the knife was so rusty and dull from misuse that it broke on the guy's jacket, so no crime, right?

Or I mail a bomb to a politician and it doesn't go off, so no cri.... wait. Sorry I did a full 180 back to the thing actually happening because it's so insane that it's its own metaphor.

It's like trying to describe how evil someone who's actually stealing candy from a baby is. You got nowhere to go the language anymore.
 
I went to go on a shooting spree, but after my first shot missed my gun jammed, so no crime right?

I thought I had HIV so I tried to bite someone I didn't like and infect them, but it turned out I didn't have HIV, so no crime right?

I went to stab somebody, but the knife was so rusty and dull from misuse that it broke on the guy's jacket, so no crime, right?

Depends... are you a liberal?
 
who is making that claim then, right?

The fact that the devices are likely hoaxes does not get anyone off the hook.

Ah we are now at the "Why is everybody so obsessed with the point I keep making that I'm now claiming doesn't make a different" stage of the B.S.

I'm really getting tired of people hiding their obvious ulterior motives behind "Who's saying that?
 
Last edited:
Ah we are now at the "Why is everybody so obsessed with the point I keep making that I'm now claiming doesn't make a different" stage of the B.S.

Well, if that word salad made the slightest bit of sense, I might agree with you!

hooboy...

eta: "I'm really getting tired of people hiding their obvious ulterior motives behind "Who's saying that?" Golly, how dare people object to people putting words in their mouths!
 
Last edited:
Okay I'm dumb this down as far as I'm able and willing to.

When you coyishly "Bring something up" for no reason, you're saying it but too much of an intellectual coward to just come out and say it because you want to poison the well but run behind "Who's saying that" like a child hiding behind mommy's skirt.
 
The strawman meter explodes. Please don't lie about what I wrote, sad!

Really, what was the detonator? What difference does it make that they were "sealed"?

There is evidence that they were intended to terrorize, on that everyone can agree. The evidence that they were intended to explode is lacking.

Depends where you get your news from i suppose. Fox/Breitbart may differ.

But it's nice that you find it so underwhelming....

"The bombs each were made from PVC pipe with a digital timer attached to set off the detonator, the officials said. And each bomb also contained powder from either a low explosive or a pyrotechnic, as in fireworks.

Multiple senior bomb technicians briefed on the case said that the aspiring bomber had all the components necessary to set off a successful explosion."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...figures-have-matching-characteristics-n923951
 
Okay I "get" all the Democratic leaders and George Soros. Those have been boogeyman for the far right for years.

But De Niro? That's sort of out of left field. Even if the bomber just wanted an example of a "Hollywood Liberal" on the list, De Niro?

Didn’t De Niro say he wanted to punch Trump in the face?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom