• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

Supposedly, they were on a timer and might have been intercepted prematurely.
But there is a chance that the bombs were never meant to go off - they look a bit too much like movie/video game bombs and not like the work of professionals.

I'm quite sure anyone who can claim to be a professional is also intelligent enough not to send these to Soros, CNN, Obama and the Clintons.

Or support Trump for that matter.

I agree that incitement of violence is the problem - and Trump is either spewing the hatred himself or retweets/supports/shields those who do.

Yup. It is a problem no matter who it comes from, the more important person the larger the problem.

I'm just using this case to show the hypocrisy when it comes to terrorism. Clearly this is an act of terrorism, clearly all the media is calling it such, even Fox News and Newt Grinch are. But the next time a Muslim will go on a killing spree shouting "God is greatest" we'll all be hearing again how it's only terrorism when a Muslim does it.

Such hypocrisy is a major reason why Trump and his vermin were able to rise in the first place.

McHrozni
 
"A law enforcement official says tests have determined that a powder found inside an envelope delivered to CNN along with a pipe bomb was harmless.

"The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity."

-- The Associated Press (Oct 24, 2018) 7:50pm
That states the powder found alongside the bomb in the envelope was harmless, not the that the bomb was harmless.
 
I will just say that I hope they catch the guy, and I suspect they will; this does not strike me as some criminal mastermind.

There is nothing so important in this election that killing people is justified to make it happen.
 
That states the powder found alongside the bomb in the envelope was harmless, not the that the bomb was harmless.


"The pipe bomb and white powder that forced an evacuation at CNN headquarters in New York City Wednesday morning were harmless, a law enforcement source told the Associated Press."

-- National Review (Oct 24, 2018)
 
"A law enforcement official says tests have determined that a powder found inside an envelope delivered to CNN along with a pipe bomb was harmless.

"The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity."

-- The Associated Press (Oct 24, 2018) 7:50pm

So if I try to kill someone, but I fail because I'm utterly incompetent, I should just walk? No jail for me, because intent doesn't matter, right? Abolish the whole "attempted murder" thing?

"Party of law and order" indeed... :D
 
So if I try to kill someone, but I fail because I'm utterly incompetent, I should just walk? No jail for me, because intent doesn't matter, right? Abolish the whole "attempted murder" thing?

"Party of law and order" indeed... :D

More context is needed to make this horrendous analogy less cringe.
 
So if I try to kill someone, but I fail because I'm utterly incompetent, I should just walk? No jail for me, because intent doesn't matter, right? Abolish the whole "attempted murder" thing?

"Party of law and order" indeed... :D


I doubt if you can be charged with "attempted murder" for mailing something harmless. Perhaps there is some law pertaining to "implied threat." Don't know.

Whatever the case, when they do finally catch the Democrats that did this, maybe a few years in prison will set their minds right.
 
Has there been a time when Jones was not shouting horsecrap of some kind or other?

Yelling horsecrap? Oh yes, all the time.

Yelling *at* some horsecrap? That's a bit new. I honestly feel bad for his ex.

But I do want to return him from some major political speaker, to some fringe lunatic, no matter whether he's acting or not. And it helps to point out that he's a paid lunatic literally yelling at horse crap in the middle of the street.
 
"The pipe bomb and white powder that forced an evacuation at CNN headquarters in New York City Wednesday morning were harmless, a law enforcement source told the Associated Press."

-- National Review (Oct 24, 2018)
Crude but functional low-ordnance explosive devices found in at least two of the packages consisted of a pipe, wires and black powder, a law enforcement official told CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton.

www.cbsnews.com/amp/live-news/suspi...nn-nyc-wasserman-schultz-office-live-updates/
 
"The pipe bomb and white powder that forced an evacuation at CNN headquarters in New York City Wednesday morning were harmless, a law enforcement source told the Associated Press."

-- National Review (Oct 24, 2018)

The National Review is incorrect. It cites the actual Associated Press article that only says the powder found in the envelope was harmless.
 
"The pipe bomb and white powder that forced an evacuation at CNN headquarters in New York City Wednesday morning were harmless, a law enforcement source told the Associated Press."

-- National Review (Oct 24, 2018)

Well done, you're showing us that you're not the only one in the rightwing that can't read.

What I don't get is why after having the actual AP quote explained to you, your would then post someone else who is making the exact same error as yourself as if it actually would change the original quote, which it entirely clear that it was the powder that was harmless, not the bomb, especially when the make up of the bombs have been released and while they might not have been enough to have caused a fatality, they certainly would not have been harmless had they detonated.
 
Well done, you're showing us that you're not the only one in the rightwing that can't read.

What I don't get is why after having the actual AP quote explained to you, your would then post someone else who is making the exact same error as yourself as if it actually would change the original quote, which it entirely clear that it was the powder that was harmless, not the bomb, especially when the make up of the bombs have been released and while they might not have been enough to have caused a fatality, they certainly would not have been harmless had they detonated.

My prediction is that this and similar replies will be ignored. The wingnuts will push the narrative that the bombs were harmless, pointing to the National Review article. They rely on the fact that most people won't check the original AP quote. In online discussions they can stall any line of argument with this disinformation, making centrists want for everyone to "agree to disagree".

It's an example of a big lie. Lying even after being confronted with the evidence.
 
Last edited:
My prediction is that this and similar replies will be ignored. The wingnuts will push the narrative that the bombs were harmless, pointing to the National Review article. They rely on the fact that most people won't check the original AP quote. In online discussions they can stall any line of argument with this disinformation, making centrists want for everyone to "agree to disagree".

It's an example of a big lie. Lying even after being confronted with the evidence.

"online discussion" is far too generous a term for what is being posted by this poster.
 
I will just say that I hope they catch the guy, and I suspect they will; this does not strike me as some criminal mastermind.

There is nothing so important in this election that killing people is justified to make it happen.


If it turns out to be a conservative I would not be surprised if he was ostracized for being too radical. Perhaps they even had crazy grand notions that pulling this off would put them back in the good graces of normal conservatives.
 
Breaking: NYPD thinks they have another one, this one possibly directed at Robert DeNiro via his Tribeca Film Org.
 
Keep in mind; there are those who have made up their minds already; in the absence of evidence, that a liberal sent these bombs to make the MAGA crowd look bad.

Granted, there's no real evidence that a MAGA person sent the bombs either....
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom