• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

It's surely someone else's narrative. As a Trump supporter, I'm sure he had to check with someone to figure out what he thought about these attacks.

To be honest, the Trump narrative and the InfoWars narrative has massive overlap these days. I think in order to dampen down the cognitive dissonance of thinking voting for Trump is the right thing to do you have to buy into a lot of what the loony fringe is selling these days.
 
It's amazing how many Trump supporters are claiming this is really a Democrat plot. Is this country so far gone that they really think that? They really think that some extremist on the far right fringe isn't capable of sending bombs to the very people and CNN that Trump and the extremist right have vilified over and over again? They think it's more likely that some "libtard" set this up to make Trump and the far right look bad? There is no need for that. No one who would vote for Trump or Republicans is going to change their minds over this no matter who sent the bombs. If it is, indeed, a far right Trumper, Trump's supporters will still believe it had nothing to do with Trump but was the act of a mentally disturbed loner.
After years of beating the "fake news" "deep state" "don't believe the Liberal media" drum, it is a much easier sell for Trumpsters that this is some kind of false flag type frame-up.

Although, sadly, the conditions now are such that I must admit that I would be willing to entertain the notion that is a kind of " reverse false flag frame up " were it to be reported tomorrow by the justice department that some Antifa activist had sent them :(
This administration has done irreprable harm to our nation.
 
Last edited:
I wonder how those who are claiming it was a Dem who mailed the bombs will handle this when it's found it wasn't?

If it turns out to be an anti-Trumper/Republican leftist, I will condemn him in the strongest terms possible and hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Either way, I don't believe the culprit is representative of either Dems or Repubs but a lone wolf extremist.
 
at least the weathermen got some of theirs to go off, aside from the self inflicted casualties
 
Possible. If they associate that group with the microwaves.

I kind of like that idea, associating Trump supporters with the belief in microwaves into the brain. It pushes his base further outside the mainstream and draws an association between being mentally imbalanced and supporting Trump. I heartily approve of this narrative.
 
No idea. It would be an unreasonable position.

You know exactly why and it destroys your claim that it would be non-political.

Look, I am not going to deny that this person (or people) could be mentally ill. But when you are looking at the likelihood of motive, the point is not to look for the most extremely unlikely motive first.
 
I wonder how those who are claiming it was a Dem who mailed the bombs will handle this when it's found it wasn't?

If it turns out to be an anti-Trumper/Republican leftist, I will condemn him in the strongest terms possible and hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Either way, I don't believe the culprit is representative of either Dems or Repubs but a lone wolf extremist.

Apparently when he was in high school his parents campaigned for Jimmy Carter, so now we know he was a Democrat!

Something like that. They won’t miss a beat. And they will believe it.
 
"Some bomb technicians who studied photos of the device suggested that the bomb sent to CNN had hallmarks of fake explosives — the kind more typically depicted on television and in movies, rather than devices capable of detonating.

"A digital clock was taped to the middle of the pipe, a feature that experts say is typically shown on fictional bombs in an attempt to ratchet up dramatic tension, but unnecessary in real life.

"In fact, bombmakers generally avoid attaching visible clocks to their devices to keep from tipping off their targets about when the bombs are set to explode."

-- The New York Times (Oct 24, 2018)
 
You know exactly why and it destroys your claim that it would be non-political.

Look, I am not going to deny that this person (or people) could be mentally ill. But when you are looking at the likelihood of motive, the point is not to look for the most extremely unlikely motive first.

I was not responding to a post that assigned a probability. It wasn't a discussion of likelihood.
 
Why would Republicans mail fake bombs to Democrats who don't even open their own mail? What would be the motive?
 
"Some bomb technicians who studied photos of the device suggested that the bomb sent to CNN had hallmarks of fake explosives — the kind more typically depicted on television and in movies, rather than devices capable of detonating.

"A digital clock was taped to the middle of the pipe, a feature that experts say is typically shown on fictional bombs in an attempt to ratchet up dramatic tension, but unnecessary in real life.

"In fact, bombmakers generally avoid attaching visible clocks to their devices to keep from tipping off their targets about when the bombs are set to explode."

-- The New York Times (Oct 24, 2018)

A quote from the failing New York Times?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom