• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed George Soros and others targetted by Terrorist

No, the offer for a wager was not at all flippant. You're pretending to be offended, but you know damned well that it was an indirect statement about my belief regarding political persuasion of the perpetrator.

Anyway, congrats on your faux horror. We all totally bought it.
Offended by a joke?

Anyway, congrats on your faux horror. We all totally bought it.
 
As i already said:
"I'm not offended. Just pointing out your hypocrisy when taking exception to someone making a joke about a serious situation after just having made a wager with another on the same subject. Some people use humour to deal with situations, some make wagers and speculate."

It's genuinely not the same.

But never mind. The point you've expressed is this: you were not offended by my offer of a wager. You say that this offer was inconsistent with my criticism of applecorped.

Which is, of course, just stupid, but never mind. Let me pretend for the moment that your stupid claim is really deep and insightful, so that I can stop talking to you.

So: good point.
 
I don't think anyone has any real, serious doubt that this is the result of conservative fear and anger left unfettered. Rather, there are conspiracy-minded individuals who will say what they need to say to perpetuate the narrative that it's the liberals' fault.
 
Offended by a joke?

Anyway, congrats on your faux horror. We all totally bought it.

Yes, I was (mildly) offended by a joke which suggested that the perpetrator of a(n attempted) violent attack was an innocent kid, who happened to be falsely accused previously.

The packages were real bombs, aimed at hurting real persons. Applecorped was, frankly, being a dick in makng that joke. I hope that comment doesn't violate the rules, since I'm speaking about a particular utterance and not about the person.

I was never so flippant. The attacks happened. It is very probable that the attacker was on the (so-called) conservative side of the political spectrum. This opinion is precisely what my proferred wager expressed to any roughly literate person.
 
People are going to be killed before this over, sadly. I think it has reached that point.
Tge saddest thing is ,if you check on the Dems?antifa thread, some "progressives" here have decided that violence in politics is what works and are pretty much advocating using the same tactics that Trump uses.

Unfortunately we might be nearing a point where they end up being correct, if the alternative is to let democracy slip through 'our' fingers.
 
As i already said:
"I'm not offended. Just pointing out your hypocrisy when taking exception to someone making a joke about a serious situation after just having made a wager with another on the same subject. Some people use humour to deal with situations, some make wagers and speculate."

For pete's sake, let it go. There was no hypocrisy there.
 
Kinda weird putting a sticker on something you expect to explode.
Maybe some kind of 'blessing"
 
Kinda weird putting a sticker on something you expect to explode.
Maybe some kind of 'blessing"

Or maybe it wasn't actually ISIS who put it there. I don't think ISIS has any particular favorite in US politics.

I'd put better odds on it being someone from this forum than ISIS. Gawd knows we've got our fair share of wingnut wackos here.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom