• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

Here are a couple examples of recent lies told by Trump:
TRUMP: "Median household income has reached an all-time high. ...It means you're making more money than you've ever made before." — Kentucky rally Saturday.

THE FACTS: Trump is claiming credit for trends in place before he took office. The Census Bureau has cast doubt on his assertion.

Median U.S. household income — the level at which half of the U.S. population earns more and half less — grew 5.1 percent in 2015 and 3.1 percent in 2016, during the Obama administration. It was the fastest two-year growth on record, dating to 1967. In 2017, Trump's first year in office, median income grew at a slower pace of 1.8 percent to reach $61,372 after adjusting for inflation.

The Census Bureau said in a report last month that after adjusting for changes in its methodology in 2013, last year's figure did not reach a new high. Instead, it was statistically no better than the 2007 level of $61,421 and 1999's level of $61,966.
(Microsoft News)

TRUMP: "As a candidate, I promised that we would protect coverage for patients with pre-existing conditions and create new health care insurance options that would lower premiums. I have kept that promise." — op-ed column published Wednesday in USA Today.

TRUMP: "If you listen to my speeches, pre-existing conditions, I'm saying it's being covered 100 percent and Republicans are doing that." — Fox interview broadcast Wednesday.

THE FACTS: It's a stretch for Trump to claim he is protecting health coverage for patients with pre-existing medical conditions, or that Republicans are "doing that." His Justice Department is arguing in court that those protections in the Obama-era health law should fall. And the short-term health plans Trump often promotes as a bargain alternative offer no guarantee of covering pre-existing conditions.

Government lawyers said in legal filings in June that they will no longer defend key parts of the Affordable Care Act, including provisions that guarantee access to health insurance regardless of any medical conditions. Attorney General Jeff Sessions wrote in a letter to Congress that Trump approved the legal strategy.

The Trump administration said it won't defend the provision shielding people with medical conditions from being denied coverage or charged higher premiums.
(Microsoft News)

There are so many more lies that he tells that it takes a staff dedicated to just his lies to keep up with them. And the OP wonders why so many people detest Trump?
 
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias! (I couldn’t even work out why they hated him so much?)

This alone makes me disbelieve you. Assuming you're not trolling, you need better research skills as there is a mountain of evidence for what a horrible person he is.
 
At least someone who posts drunken rants at 3am might be sober the next day.

"Mr. Prime Minster you are drunk!"
"Yes Mr President and you are incompetent, childish, sexist, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, and functionally insane. Tomorrow I will be sober."
 
Waiting for screeching from the leftist mob.

Emote much?

The last sentence of the quoted article is interesting:

But it has been a strikingly durable and steady expansion, which is what the nation needed after the scars of the 2008 recession. And that’s just plain “good.
 
Right from the first, I saw that his rallies and his performance were the stuff of pro wrestling events. And I'd bet there's a good correlation between his attendees and watchers of wrestling.

I'd guess that a large percentage of Trump supporters both watch pro wrestling and believe that it's totally real.
 
I'd guess that a large percentage of Trump supporters both watch pro wrestling and believe that it's totally real.


I'd guess that you didn't check the statistics on pro wrestling viewership before making that uninformed and erroneous comment.
 
Last edited:
If you are going to accuse me of "cheering for people to die," let's see the evidence. Post the quote.
As far as I can tell that wasn't you; you just said she's old and that Trump would be naming a replacement soon.

Another poster said they had her in their death pool, and a third poster said something similar.

I found out you can't search for RBG, the forum says it's too common :confused: or too short. So it took me a bit.

ETA: I mean, it's not the word "the." It is short but it's also uncommon, and given how often people use initials and acronyms that seems like a bug in the search function.

ETA2: I was able to search for FBI, so can't figure out the algorithm.
 
Last edited:
You might actually be the first person I've seen who ranks George W. Bush "lower" than Trump.

I mean it's totally within your right to do so, it's just interesting.
I don't think Bush is a worse human being than Trump, but he did get us into a totally effed-up position by heeding his neocon advisers and invading Iraq. Fifteen years later those repercussions are still with us. It was a disaster. I can't think of anything Trump's done that worse than that.
 
I'd guess that you didn't check the statistics on pro wrestling viewership before making that uninformed and erroneous comment.
Um ... I think it's the "believe it's real" part that is supposed to be so telling, not mere viewership.

But here I am posting on behalf of other people again.
 
Yes. I used to say I'd take anyone over W.

Damn it, they took me up on it.
I remember feeling that way too. Thought experiment: If at this point we'll take anyone over Trump, could we be ruing that statement 10 years from now?
 
As far as I can tell that wasn't you; you just said she's old and that Trump would be naming a replacement soon.


Here is the actual quote:

Clinton appointee Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who just turned 85, should be retiring very soon -- one less libtard on the Supreme Court will be a most welcome change.

-- Slings and Arrows (May 22, 2018)


Liberal translation: "cheering for people to die."
 
I'm not a "Trump supporter", but I'll be happy to support (one aspect of) this amazing, unbelievable personality. We were speaking of this -- or I was -- in the Trump Nobel thread.

Man's hilarious. Quite apart from anything else he is or does, he is simply and truly hilarious. No one who isn't blinded by their hate for the man can fail to see that. Thanks to him, news clips featuring him are often funnier than the most carefully thought-up comic shows. Every time he opens his mouth ...

Not one US Prez -- not one -- is a tenth as funny as he is. Not one world leader anywhere, anytime, that I can think of.

Sure, he's a terrible Prez, but no one can take away his (unintentional) comic genius from him.

Spot on, I think that is why I find the hatred hard to understand. I find him either intentionally or unintentionally hilarious. I challenge anyone to watch the China, China..... Chhhinna clip and not laugh (even if you hate him).
 
AOK Tiger: Maybe you guys should rethink why you hate Trump. Upon consideration, you'd likely realize you don't have a good reason.
Everyone: Here is a very long list of why he's bad.
AOK Tiger: I mean, really, I just don't understand why anyone would dislike him.
Everyone: Here's a hundred more things.
AOK Tiger: It's a mystery...

Still a mystery, read back through your "long list" and "hundred" things. Its a very short list and the hundred things (maybe 10) are all opinions about his personality and unsubstantiated claims.

The only real things mentioned were, knocking McCain and the Concentration camps. Both of which I addressed.

That’s your problem you just see so many things that aren’t really there and then wonder why I don’t see them.
 
Obama: "Those jobs of the past are just not going to come back."

Trump: "Hold my diet coke."

And did they? Nope. For all Trump's talk about bringing back coal jobs in West Virginia, it simply hasn't happened with the exception of a couple of hundred people. It is natural gas, renewables and much cheaper coal in the West that is killing coal in WV.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom