• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

You might actually be the first person I've seen who ranks George W. Bush "lower" than Trump.

I mean it's totally within your right to do so, it's just interesting.
 
You might actually be the first person I've seen who ranks George W. Bush "lower" than Trump.

I mean it's totally within your right to do so, it's just interesting.

Until Trump gets close to Dubya's death toll, he will only be the second worst.
 
You might actually be the first person I've seen who ranks George W. Bush "lower" than Trump.

I mean it's totally within your right to do so, it's just interesting.

In general, no. Trump's in a class by himself. No one can touch him.

But in terms of one single instance of extreme douchebaggery-cum-idiocy-cum-general-injustice, you're right, I do think that.

Although given Trump, he may not take long to cross that bar!
 
Last edited:
Oh, absolutely. But still.

Like laughing at W, except on steroids, as far as the laughs are concerned. That was 'at' too, W I mean.

The one time I was furious, and unable to laugh, not even 'at' -- in W's case I mean -- was when they killed Saddam. Not that Saddam didn't deserve what he got, he did: but still, I believe W deserved the chair, or at least a room with nice iron bars, for that mess.

Trump hasn't scaled those levels yet, and I guess I find him funny. Yeah, 'at', mostly.

You do realize the Iraqi's killed Saddam, not us?
 
How do you measure media bias?
Is calling Trump a liar a sign of bias or just an accurate description of the facts?

Is calling any politician a liar a sign of bias? or just an accurate description of the facts?

What kind of lies are OK?

Is lying about the state of ISIS a bad lie? Or is it OK because it reduces their recruitment ability?

If you want to list the 'Bad' lies Trump has told, we can look at them. They might be OK lies from another point of view.
 
Is calling any politician a liar a sign of bias? or just an accurate description of the facts?

What kind of lies are OK?

Is lying about the state of ISIS a bad lie? Or is it OK because it reduces their recruitment ability?

If you want to list the 'Bad' lies Trump has told, we can look at them. They might be OK lies from another point of view.

No President before Trump was so driven to stay in the News 24/7. And most of what Trump says is wrong, naive, vicious and/or nonsensical.
So unless the media started boycotting the President, there is no way not to report more bad than good about Trump.
 
Is calling any politician a liar a sign of bias? or just an accurate description of the facts?

What kind of lies are OK?

Is lying about the state of ISIS a bad lie? Or is it OK because it reduces their recruitment ability?

If you want to list the 'Bad' lies Trump has told, we can look at them. They might be OK lies from another point of view.

Even if you could somehow defend every lie Trump has told, either as harmless by itself or useful in some sense, the shear volume of lies is doing incredible harm to the respect and trust that the presidency used to enjoy.

Sure, we all know presidents lie and we should always take what they say with a grain of salt, but we used to at least believe the president more often than not and rightly so.
 
Is calling any politician a liar a sign of bias? or just an accurate description of the facts?

What kind of lies are OK?

Is lying about the state of ISIS a bad lie? Or is it OK because it reduces their recruitment ability?

If you want to list the 'Bad' lies Trump has told, we can look at them. They might be OK lies from another point of view.
There are 5000 lies so far, so going through the lidt would be time-consuming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...atabase/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6a8cb2c83eed
 
I don't agree that's the reason. But yes others are better at lying. You would think that as much as the Donald lies he would be better at it.

It was just a jab at Trump supporter's ridiculous argument back in 2016 that yes, Trump lies, but at least his lies are in the open while Clinton's are hidden. As if the fact that he's a terrible liar is a virtue, somehow.
 
Trump would be the greatest Wrestling Heel of all time. He's already in the WWE Hall of Fame and has a Wrestlemania appearance. He's far more qualified to do that then be the President.

He shouldn't have been elected President. He should have been made General Manager of RAW.

Tell me you wouldn't watch that.

Right from the first, I saw that his rallies and his performance were the stuff of pro wrestling events. And I'd bet there's a good correlation between his attendees and watchers of wrestling.
 
Come on, you're saying he's never made you laugh?

He made me laugh, truly. Once. When he mooted how awful he'd be if he drank beer. That was recently, on a WH lawn presser during the Kavanaugh kerfuffle. It was a totally unscripted line that came across as unaffected, self-deprecating humor. It actually made me like him a little bit, for an instant.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom