Isn't that, you know, useful?
Yeah, again only if it causes an action.
Isn't that, you know, useful?
Yeah, again only if it causes an action.
Voting levels were higher in the 60s/70s than they were in (for example) 30s and most of the 40s. And while voting levels in the past few elections were higher than in the 60s, we also had a lot of protests in the post-2000 political environment (against the Iraq war, by racists complaining about a black president, etc.)That voter turnout didn't raise any significant level during the tumultuous 60s and 70s and isn't going to raise in 2018 or 2020 I'm gonna go out on a limb and just go ahead and assume.And your proof of the above statement is what?Street level passion never actually translates to a higher voter turnout...
Voting levels were higher in the 60s/70s than they were in (for example) 30s and most of the 40s. And while voting levels in the past few elections were higher than in the 60s, we also had a lot of protests in the post-2000 political environment (against the Iraq war, by racists complaining about a black president, etc.)
A catalyst is exactly what is needed. Fuel cells require them. Emotions are powerful motivators for the persons feeling them. People get angry and get involved. You don't have to buy it. I know this is true. And who said anger or hatred had to be showy? You seem to be arguing that people should lack emotion.Every emotion / emotional state is useless. They can only act as catalyst for actual real world action and I'm not buying that the out-swelling of showy anger against Trump is going to do that.
Yeah I pretty much have to agree with this. As a person he's pretty loathsome, as a politician he pretty much just blows to either end and contradicts himself constantly.
There's a pretty big hate for flip flippers in general, even when it's guided by changing views.
But he backs out of the TPP while wanting the things it was supposed to protect. He wants to crack down on opiods but goes after the users.
He makes a big fuss about NAFTA but settles for incremental changes with a new name that could have been handled with a much more diplomatic touch, souring good will that would have been used for future efforts.
And of course there's the many domestic issues.
Frankly I do want to know what he thought the war was we pulled out of.
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias!
That tired old chestnut, eh?
Just don’t understand your obsession with hating Trump.
I’m an Aussie and really have no left or right bias (probably mostly libertarian).
I was a ranting Trump hater as he seemed so narcissistic, misogynistic, rascist, unstatesmanlike and had really bad hair.
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias! (I couldn’t even work out why they hated him so much?)
The things I do care about (and even more so if I was American) would be get out of frikkin wars that we get nothing out of and are hated worldwide for being involved in.
Stop being ripped off by other countries.
Get more jobs
Improve the economy.
Trump seems to have succeeded in all these things.
Your hate will also only fuel those who think the media and elites are biased against Trump.
They WILL vote him back in.
Many good reasons posted. Here's one more: When a veteran offered his purple heart, the loathsome swine took it.
Joe, only just rejoined after a long hiatus.
You will see a lot more off me in future, and we will probably align on most things. From afar I just see the Trump hatred as irrational and self defeating. He is really no worse than almost ALL other politicians, he just does not have a refined filter like they do.
I liked the Russian angle spasiba.
I think it was the same or something similar. I love how you assume that anything less than damnation of Trump will lead to a banning at some stage.
...And it will be your fault for all the irrational hate.
No, he's definitely worse.Thaiboxerken
It's not an obsession. He is trash.
(Probably, but no worse than most of the politicians)
If you want to be taken seriously, you should probably bring a little more evidence and rationality to your first post. When you start a topic with arguments rooted in a conspiracy theory (e.g. "its all the media's fault") then you're not going to get much respect.Many Trump cultists come in here saying the same thing.
(Blah blah, I started nice and you go for ridiculous name calling. You cannot accept that many people cannot share your blind hatred of the man so you call them cultists. I couldn’t be any further from that)
Lets compare the 2 of them, shall we?There is so much evidence, it's overwhelming. Trump cultists have a hard time finding the evidence, though.
(There is actually so much UNDERWHELMING evidence if you look without blinkers. Apply the same filter you would have for an Obama and you will see what I mean)
Trump was 1) in favor of invading Iraq, 2) was in favor of military action in Libya, 3) increased military deployment in Afghanistan.What wars did Trump get the USA out of?
(Trump has been typically NON Hawkish, except for getting suckered into the Syrian ********. I do believe he can claim ISIS was finished off on his watch. And while I would avoid getting involved in any of those nutbag conflicts they seemed like a particularly nasty bunch worth getting rid of)
Why exactly are you doubting him? The GDP had been growing steadily under Obama (and in some cases grew faster than it has under Trump). So why are you suggesting Trump has done anything special with the economy.He's enjoyed a job environment created by Obama policies.
(Ha ha now that is an old chestnut EVERYONE totes out when the new guy they don’t like follows the old guy they did like). Lets see how it goes in 3 more years and I might agree with you.
Whether a particular voter likes trump or not does not necessarily mean he is a competent or capable leader, only that he is good at fooling/scamming people.Nonsense.
(this is where you are truly delusional, you completely misread what the average Joe is thinking. They actually like the guy, they love that he blurts out crap without thinking, they love that he sounds more like them and their buddies having a beer. They love that he does NOT sound like the rest of Washington. Unless the economy does take a dive they WILL relelect him. And it will be your fault for all the irrational hate.)
Yeah. I once was a fervent evolutionist but then I began to think about it more clearly without the biased and distorted propaganda of the fake scientific establishment and now I am a creationist. My eyes were opened.
Or wait - wrong thread, but same idea.
Well I give Stachys a huge "Goofy" for not understanding the people in Australia are in a different time zone than the US. I have responded as soon as I had a chance. Its odd that for Trump haters a pretty unbiased and UNFLATTERING assessment of Trump is considered pro Trump.