• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rethink your Trump hatred ?

Street level passion never actually translates to a higher voter turnout...
And your proof of the above statement is what?
That voter turnout didn't raise any significant level during the tumultuous 60s and 70s and isn't going to raise in 2018 or 2020 I'm gonna go out on a limb and just go ahead and assume.
Voting levels were higher in the 60s/70s than they were in (for example) 30s and most of the 40s. And while voting levels in the past few elections were higher than in the 60s, we also had a lot of protests in the post-2000 political environment (against the Iraq war, by racists complaining about a black president, etc.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/U.S._Vote_for_President_as_Population_Share.png
 
Last edited:
Voting levels were higher in the 60s/70s than they were in (for example) 30s and most of the 40s. And while voting levels in the past few elections were higher than in the 60s, we also had a lot of protests in the post-2000 political environment (against the Iraq war, by racists complaining about a black president, etc.)

*Shrugs* Okay.

Don't get me wrong I hope you're right. I hope all this passion isn't just voices in the wind and we'll see this "Blue Wave" everybody keeps talking about.

I hope it happens. I don't think it will.
 
Every emotion / emotional state is useless. They can only act as catalyst for actual real world action and I'm not buying that the out-swelling of showy anger against Trump is going to do that.
A catalyst is exactly what is needed. Fuel cells require them. Emotions are powerful motivators for the persons feeling them. People get angry and get involved. You don't have to buy it. I know this is true. And who said anger or hatred had to be showy? You seem to be arguing that people should lack emotion.

I'm a big believer in anger properly harnessed. IMV, anger isn't the enemy, it's apathy. It's not caring.
 
Yeah I pretty much have to agree with this. As a person he's pretty loathsome, as a politician he pretty much just blows to either end and contradicts himself constantly.
There's a pretty big hate for flip flippers in general, even when it's guided by changing views.
But he backs out of the TPP while wanting the things it was supposed to protect. He wants to crack down on opiods but goes after the users.
He makes a big fuss about NAFTA but settles for incremental changes with a new name that could have been handled with a much more diplomatic touch, souring good will that would have been used for future efforts.
And of course there's the many domestic issues.

Frankly I do want to know what he thought the war was we pulled out of.

The only war that we are really in now is Afghanistan, started by Bush 2, and it seems we are in a spot where we can't win (or really even know what winning would be) but are afraid that pulling out would make things even worse than they already are. Obama couldn't manage to find a way out, and I see no sign that Trump is even trying. I'm not sure we will see an end to that one in my lifetime.
 
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias!

Classic conspiracy theory logic. Stat off by assuming all information that debunks the CT, is in fact part of the conspiracy. IOW if you are not going to believe any source that details how dishonest and incompetent Trump is, how is it possible to show you how dishonest and incompetent he is?
 
Many good reasons posted. Here's one more: When a veteran offered his purple heart, the loathsome swine took it.
 
That tired old chestnut, eh?

Yeah. I once was a fervent evolutionist but then I began to think about it more clearly without the biased and distorted propaganda of the fake scientific establishment and now I am a creationist. My eyes were opened.

Or wait - wrong thread, but same idea.
 
Just don’t understand your obsession with hating Trump.
I’m an Aussie and really have no left or right bias (probably mostly libertarian).
I was a ranting Trump hater as he seemed so narcissistic, misogynistic, rascist, unstatesmanlike and had really bad hair.
My own son challenged to substantiate any of these beliefs and I struggled to find ANYTHING real that backed up what I thought (except for the hair).
I realised I was “suckered” into hating him by media bias! (I couldn’t even work out why they hated him so much?)
The things I do care about (and even more so if I was American) would be get out of frikkin wars that we get nothing out of and are hated worldwide for being involved in.
Stop being ripped off by other countries.
Get more jobs
Improve the economy.
Trump seems to have succeeded in all these things.
Your hate will also only fuel those who think the media and elites are biased against Trump.
They WILL vote him back in.

If, and when, Trump ever decides to stop hating me, then I will reconsider my hatred of him.
 
I have had contempt and disgust for Trump since the 1980s, now I have rage. He has no redeemable qualities whatsoever. He is the exact opposite of everything I understand it to mean to be a good, decent, and honorable human being.
 
First in lies, first in insults, first in name calling - no reason to hate trump

I checked google image search, trump was listed first for hatred.
I checked google image search, trump is first listed for "idiot".

What is not to like about an "idiot", he is winning the google image search.

Who is They, it is the electoral college. Imagine Al Gore being upset he had more votes than Bush, and now imagine losing the pop vote by millions and essentially calling those voters haters and losers.

No need to hate trump, he is the most prolific liar in presidential history; have to love it?

No need to hate trump, he has insulted hundreds of people, places and things. Everyone loves it?

No need to hate trump, he is the name caller in chief. And people who work with him have special names for him.
No need to hate trump, his tweets are... wow

The lost the pop vote liar trump is the pusher of hate, calling people "haters and losers" - SEE his tweets?

Don't confuse criticism with hate. The liar in chief is pushing the hate agenda, it is one of his key traits, projection. His energizes his right wing mob base with chants of "lock her up", as his best people face being locked up - it is funny his best people are liars, and guilty.

Ignore the lies, insults and name calling - everyone likes a bully, no way it could be hate.

What is there to hate, there are good nazis, who knew before trump told his cult, who blindly chant, "lock her up".

He had me at, "hater and losers"

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=from:realdonaldtrump haters&src=typd

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q= hater losers from:realDonaldTrump&src=typd

what is not to love
 
I started typing my reasons for disliking Trump, but then realised they're all glaringly obvious and so I don't have anything new to contribute to the discussion :/ .

I'm more curious how anyone can support Trump. Seems like we live in different universes or something.
 
Thaiboxerken

It's not an obsession. He is trash.
(Probably, but no worse than most of the politicians)

Many Trump cultists come in here saying the same thing.
(Blah blah, I started nice and you go for ridiculous name calling. You cannot accept that many people cannot share your blind hatred of the man so you call them cultists. I couldn’t be any further from that)

He still is.
(show me where)

There is so much evidence, it's overwhelming. Trump cultists have a hard time finding the evidence, though.
(There is actually so much UNDERWHELMING evidence if you look without blinkers. Apply the same filter you would have for an Obama and you will see what I mean)

What wars did Trump get the USA out of?
(Trump has been typically NON Hawkish, except for getting suckered into the Syrian ********. I do believe he can claim ISIS was finished off on his watch. And while I would avoid getting involved in any of those nutbag conflicts they seemed like a particularly nasty bunch worth getting rid of)

What countries are ripping the USA off?
(Ah ha you think Ill get suckered in here. Tariffs are dumb in the end it is the message they send. An $800 billion trade deficit is not necessarily a bad thing (deficits increase when an economy is booming) but it does show you are on the raw end of a lot of deals)

He's enjoyed a job environment created by Obama policies.
(Ha ha now that is an old chestnut EVERYONE totes out when the new guy they don’t like follows the old guy they did like). Lets see how it goes in 3 more years and I might agree with you.

Another Obama accomplishment.
(see above)

But he hasn't. His policies are going to tank the economy and jobs will be lost because of it.
(see above, time will tell)

Nonsense.
(this is where you are truly delusional, you completely misread what the average Joe is thinking. They actually like the guy, they love that he blurts out crap without thinking, they love that he sounds more like them and their buddies having a beer. They love that he does NOT sound like the rest of Washington. Unless the economy does take a dive they WILL relelect him. And it will be your fault for all the irrational hate.)
 
Many good reasons posted. Here's one more: When a veteran offered his purple heart, the loathsome swine took it.

I noticed something recently and I don't know if it is a trend or not: Teenagers giving dollar bills to Trump.

Mainly they appear to be teenage boys enthusiastically handing the president a dollar bill while he is working lines of adorers. Did I just happen to catch a couple of weird instances or is this actually a thing?
 
Joe, only just rejoined after a long hiatus.

You will see a lot more off me in future, and we will probably align on most things. From afar I just see the Trump hatred as irrational and self defeating. He is really no worse than almost ALL other politicians, he just does not have a refined filter like they do.

I liked the Russian angle spasiba.

Is there a more wilfully ignorant peddler of conspiracy theories among Western leaders?

And I thought this might be a sock account of a banned user. What was your previous username here?
 
I think it was the same or something similar. I love how you assume that anything less than damnation of Trump will lead to a banning at some stage.

No. We are actually deeply concerned that you haven't inadvertently created a sockpuppet which would be against the rules of this forum.



...And it will be your fault for all the irrational hate.

But ... hate is all I know ...
 
Last edited:
Thaiboxerken

It's not an obsession. He is trash.
(Probably, but no worse than most of the politicians)
No, he's definitely worse.

Many Trump cultists come in here saying the same thing.
(Blah blah, I started nice and you go for ridiculous name calling. You cannot accept that many people cannot share your blind hatred of the man so you call them cultists. I couldn’t be any further from that)
If you want to be taken seriously, you should probably bring a little more evidence and rationality to your first post. When you start a topic with arguments rooted in a conspiracy theory (e.g. "its all the media's fault") then you're not going to get much respect.

There is so much evidence, it's overwhelming. Trump cultists have a hard time finding the evidence, though.
(There is actually so much UNDERWHELMING evidence if you look without blinkers. Apply the same filter you would have for an Obama and you will see what I mean)
Lets compare the 2 of them, shall we?

Number of people in the administration that have been arrested or left due to scandal:

Trump: Ichan (conflict of interest), Gorka (security issues), Mcentee (possible financial crimes), Flynn (lying/arrested), Porter (abuse)

Obama: 0

That should say it all.

What wars did Trump get the USA out of?
(Trump has been typically NON Hawkish, except for getting suckered into the Syrian ********. I do believe he can claim ISIS was finished off on his watch. And while I would avoid getting involved in any of those nutbag conflicts they seemed like a particularly nasty bunch worth getting rid of)
Trump was 1) in favor of invading Iraq, 2) was in favor of military action in Libya, 3) increased military deployment in Afghanistan.

So no, Trump definitely is a 'hawk'.

The only problem is, he's also incompetent.

He's enjoyed a job environment created by Obama policies.
(Ha ha now that is an old chestnut EVERYONE totes out when the new guy they don’t like follows the old guy they did like). Lets see how it goes in 3 more years and I might agree with you.
Why exactly are you doubting him? The GDP had been growing steadily under Obama (and in some cases grew faster than it has under Trump). So why are you suggesting Trump has done anything special with the economy.

Nonsense.
(this is where you are truly delusional, you completely misread what the average Joe is thinking. They actually like the guy, they love that he blurts out crap without thinking, they love that he sounds more like them and their buddies having a beer. They love that he does NOT sound like the rest of Washington. Unless the economy does take a dive they WILL relelect him. And it will be your fault for all the irrational hate.)
Whether a particular voter likes trump or not does not necessarily mean he is a competent or capable leader, only that he is good at fooling/scamming people.

After all, many thought that Bernie Madoff was a good financial advisor.
 
Yeah. I once was a fervent evolutionist but then I began to think about it more clearly without the biased and distorted propaganda of the fake scientific establishment and now I am a creationist. My eyes were opened.

Or wait - wrong thread, but same idea.

Ha I couldn't be more pro evolutionary theory (evolution itself is a fact).
I love that you just link not hating Trump to other nutbaggery.

I am also anti woo of any sort, clairvoyance etc as well as conspiracy theories
Add to this I am also an atheist.
(although I think the term is redundant, its like saying I'm a asantaist or abunnyist for not believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny)
Sorry I don't fit your in your box.
 
Well I give Stachys a huge "Goofy" for not understanding the people in Australia are in a different time zone than the US. I have responded as soon as I had a chance. Its odd that for Trump haters a pretty unbiased and UNFLATTERING assessment of Trump is considered pro Trump.


Now that you're back, let me give you just one example.

Trump said of John McCain, a former presidential candidate, long-time U.S. Senator and former military veteran and prisoner of war ... "I like people who weren't captured. He lost and let us down. I've never liked him as much after that. I don't like losers."

That would be like describing the soldiers who died at Gallipoli as being losers because they were killed, and if you ask me, I like the people who weren't riddled with bullets.

Please defend trump on that.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom