• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Jimmy Carter at 94

That sounds like an extremely fair statement. It never said Castro was good.

It actually is a pretty clever diplomatic statement. It expresses condolences to the people who loved Castro, but never says that the Carters were among them. It then goes on to express hope that Cubans will enjoy peace and prosperity now that he's gone. Did you really expect Carter to say "Good riddance?"
 
What if Operation Eagle Claw had succeeded?

Did it have any chance at all?- it seemed very ambitious.

Per most assessments I've read, its success depended on travelling long stretches without the Iranian chain of command realizing it. It's one of those things that would have succeeded if everything had gone as planned, but there was no way to deal with almost inevitable contingencies.

But apparently there were serious logistical challenges to setting up the heist, that were not taken seriously enough by the planners - including Carter.

I think it's more that those logistical challenges were an inherent part of trying to do a heist in the hostile geography of Iran. It was the best plan in a list of lousy, lousy options.
 
Last edited:
The media loves to prop up "lovable" losers like Carter. A simple comparison is instructive: Trump has nice homes in desirable areas, his current wife is still smokin' hot, gas prices are manageable, and he has yet sell out Israel. One builds crappy little houses, and the other has his name on skyscrapers.
 
The media loves to prop up "lovable" losers like Carter. A simple comparison is instructive: Trump has nice homes in desirable areas, his current wife is still smokin' hot, gas prices are manageable, and he has yet sell out Israel. One builds crappy little houses, and the other has his name on skyscrapers.

A simple comparison is instructive:

Trump:
I like money. I’m very greedy. I’m a greedy person. I shouldn’t tell you that, I’m a greedy – I’ve always been greedy. I love money, right?

Carter:
It just never had been my ambition to be rich.

Trump:
His "smokin' hot wife" is wife #3. He has cheated on all his wives.

Carter:
Has been married to his only wife for 72 years with never a hint of scandal.

Trump: builds to enrich himself.

Carter: builds to give homes to the most needy and deserving.
 
A simple comparison is instructive:

Trump:


Carter:


Trump:
His "smokin' hot wife" is wife #3. He has cheated on all his wives.

Carter:
Has been married to his only wife for 72 years with never a hint of scandal.

Trump: builds to enrich himself.

Carter: builds to give homes to the most needy and deserving.

Oh snap! :jaw-dropp
 
A simple comparison is instructive:

Trump:


Carter:


Trump:
His "smokin' hot wife" is wife #3. He has cheated on all his wives.

Carter:
Has been married to his only wife for 72 years with never a hint of scandal.

Trump: builds to enrich himself.

Carter: builds to give homes to the most needy and deserving.

You realize most of the time Cain is a brilliant Poe right?
 
Greatest president ever! Beer was deregulated under Carter which sparked the home brew and craft brew revolution in the US.
 
Nonsense, why were are his great stands against trans people? Being a christian is about hating the right people something Carter is just not good at.
He was pretty lusty though (in his heart at least). That outta count for something. [emoji14]

I actually like that he could have a little bit of fun about his faith that way.
Being POTUS was pretty much not a position he was cut out for... but he's made a tremendous ex-President.
 
A simple comparison is instructive:
Instructive of what, though?

Trump:
I like money. I’m very greedy. I’m a greedy person. I shouldn’t tell you that, I’m a greedy – I’ve always been greedy. I love money, right?​
Who gives a ******

Carter:
It just never had been my ambition to be rich.​
Who gives a ******


Trump:
His "smokin' hot wife" is wife #3. He has cheated on all his wives.​

Who gives a ******

Carter:
Has been married to his only wife for 72 years with never a hint of scandal.​

Who gives a ******

Trump:
builds to enrich himself.​

Who gives a ******

Carter:
builds to give homes to the most needy and deserving.​

Who gives a ******
 
Who gives a ******

One would think the party of the religious right and family values would give a ******. Has Trump set foot in a church since he was elected? Has he seen Barron face-to-face? Does he even know Barron exists? Are evangelicals going to keep giving Trump "mulligans" and ignore his many indiscretions as long as he keeps giving them whatever they want?

This administration has pretty much shown that the GOP is not only no longer the party of "family values" anymore, they have no values whatsoever.
 
This administration has pretty much shown that the GOP is not only no longer the party of "family values" anymore...

What do you mean? They're absolutely the party of family values.

I mean, if they can get rid of a few more EPA regs and institute a couple more tax cuts, the value of the average family to their corporations should go up by at least $1500!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom