I'm going to chime in with the suggestion that they're an investor, but are unlikely to have a controlling interest. If they had a controlling interest then they'd have put some competent scientists and patent lawyers on the project to protect their investment.
Thanks, I appreciate some attention here.
However, it lists BLP as a subsidiary of a subsidiary as I said. That means that the parent company(ies) own a controlling interest in BLP.
Whether or not the parent companies actually have their own scientists "working" with BLP is irrelevant for my point which is how can the Mills shills justify him acting as if he's the lone ranger who needs investment money in order to operate the business.
In this instance, I very well could be pointing out nothing of importance, I admit that so maybe being ignored is fine and understandable.
I am asking the people who are more knowledgeable about business operations if this is a strange thing or not.
I do understand that it is legally considered a separate business which may not receive any funding from the parent companies (I read that sometimes the "bigger" company is the subsidiary and not necessarily the owning corp) but I wonder if people would still be giving money to BLP in the full knowledge that a Fortune 100 energy (nuclear) corp owns a controlling interest.
Maybe that's a selling point. Combined with the previous knowledge of Mills being the property owner and getting a good chunk of money every year just for rent and so on, to me it just continues to smell rather funny.
Unless of course this is all a big energy con to keep the small investors from investing in something that might actually prove a threat to their existing business models. From a conspiratorial mindset it would be very clever to stifle up-and-coming competition with a vampire failure project like BLP.
Yes, I don't think it's anything like a conspiracy theory that big energy corps invest and own alternative energy companies. It's obvious that this is done and could even be defended as the corps ensuring their continued dominance as well as being able to pivot into clean energy if it ever finally gets pushed through as a governmental policy.