• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly not.

However, I did read your post.

Carefully.

So if I misunderstood, you surely played a part in my misunderstanding.

Perhaps you'd like to clarify what you wrote, in post #744?

I - and no doubt some other readers - am particularly interested in the "thick stainless steel cylinder" and the "the outer skin of the vessel would reach around 750 C" parts.

It's all in the article. If I could cut and paste I would, but the format doesn't allow me to select text properly from my browser. My time resources are limited, I'm not going to type it all up. And I erred: it was 850 C not 750 C.
 
And, in classical, continuous spacetime, what is the force between two orbitspheres which are within one thickness of each other? Due to electromagnetism (don't forget the magnetic component!) and gravity? How about between an orbitsphere and something which isn't, a neutron say, or charged hadron (e.g. a proton)?


Missed this one. Imagine two soap bubbles. They can bounce off each other or they can merge, resulting in the two bubbles conjoined. Again, a low energy configuration. Mills has pics of molecules, and they look like conjoined bubbles.
Again, it's all in the book, complete with equations and pics.
BTW in Mills GUTCP a proton or neutron is composed of 3 superimposed quarks, each of which are ... orbitspheres.
 
It turns into an orbitsphere when a free planar electron wraps around the vicinity of a proton. You could picture a flat soap film stretched across a circle of plastic. Blow on it, it escapes the plastic ring and naturally forms a bubble, which is a low energy configuration.
I guess it does the same thing ("wraps around the vicinity of") an ion. And the electromagnetic radiation emitted while it undergoes both a morphological and topological change? How does H- form then? And what about the semi-stable state of an e- and e+ orbiting each other?

The thickness of the disk is zero.
Unlike the thickness of an orbitsphere. Curious.

The charge is concentrated at the centre of the 2D disk and diminishes outwardly. The angular momentum has another distribution. Mills also gives the electric and magnetic field shapes. The electron radius gets smaller as velocity increases, according to the well known deBroglie relation.
Interesting. The size of an electron depends on who views it, and from where. I thought Mills was agin relativity? I guess I was wrong.

Mills shows that this size change has to do with the conservation of both angular momentum and energy. Chapter 3 is devoted to the free electron. Take a look yourself. I won't tell any of your friends or family or coworkers you downloaded it.
Thanks, but no thanks. As I already said, Mills' scifi writing is nothing compared with Asimov or Clarke (say).

But here's something curious: per Mills, what happens when you collide two electrons differs per the collision angle ... head-on and you have two disks hitting face-on; from the side, and you've one disk hitting the other edge-on. I guess no one has done any experiments to see how e-e scattering varies with collision angle ... ;)
 
You want calculations? They are in Mill's GUTCP. Two H atoms approach each other and what happens? They can actually bond! Look at, for instance, Mills calculation of the bond energy of H2, including internuclear distances. It's about minimum energy configuration.
And how do the orbitspheres change, from being two isolated, independent ones to ... (I don't know)?
 
It's all in the article. If I could cut and paste I would, but the format doesn't allow me to select text properly from my browser. My time resources are limited, I'm not going to type it all up. And I erred: it was 850 C not 750 C.
OK, thanks.

I'll stick with my original post then (modulo 750/850): Mills made a device the outer part of which was a thick stainless steel cylinder (close enough). During testing - during which the creation of hydrinos created vast amounts of energy - the outer skin of the cylinder got very hot. Mills was unable, unwilling, or just plain didn't know how, to try to turn the heat into electrical power (or even hot water). And you, markie, are not all that interested in "setting the record straight".
 
Last edited:
And, in classical, continuous spacetime, what is the force between two orbitspheres which are within one thickness of each other? Due to electromagnetism (don't forget the magnetic component!) and gravity? How about between an orbitsphere and something which isn't, a neutron say, or charged hadron (e.g. a proton)?
Missed this one. Imagine two soap bubbles. They can bounce off each other or they can merge, resulting in the two bubbles conjoined. Again, a low energy configuration. Mills has pics of molecules, and they look like conjoined bubbles.
Again, it's all in the book, complete with equations and pics.
BTW in Mills GUTCP a proton or neutron is composed of 3 superimposed quarks, each of which are ... orbitspheres.
Thanks.

Of course, you didn't actually answer any of my questions, but ... well, let's say that I'm used to that by now ... :p
 
This is just too good to pass up ...
<snip>
BTW in Mills GUTCP a proton or neutron is composed of 3 superimposed quarks, each of which are ... orbitspheres.
Riiight ...

So, in one kind of radioactive decay, three superimposed orbitspheres (quarks) turn into a different set of three superimposed orbitspheres and an infinitely thin, small disk (an electron, or positron, depending on the kind of decay). All according to classical physics (no quantum nonsense involved).

Maybe Mills should consider collaborating with a writer? The resulting scifi should be very enjoyable! :D
 
One other thing. If you drop Sodium into liquid ammonia at low temperature you get a nice, clear blue fluid which all other chemists explain as the electron from the sodium stabilized between the ammonia molecules, but not yet bound to the ammonia.
Is the Mills electron a sphere or a disc in that configuration?
 
I wanna make sure I understand this.

Mills made a device the outer part of which was a thick stainless steel cylinder, whose (outer) surface temperature reached ~750C.

And he never thought to wrap that in pipes, through which water would flow, converting to steam, which he could use to run a pretty conventional electricity-producing gadget? Or simply plug it in to whatever hot water system he uses to keep the place warm in winter (baseboard heating is common in NJ)?

Have I got that right?

Yes the amazing Mr. Mills cannot figure out how to use a 'heat source' to generate anything useful - it completely flummoxed him - something others figured out centuries ago.

He's a real genius ya know! lol
 
I guess it does the same thing ("wraps around the vicinity of") an ion. And the electromagnetic radiation emitted while it undergoes both a morphological and topological change? How does H- form then? And what about the semi-stable state of an e- and e+ orbiting each other?

That is all described in the book. I have no idea where you are getting "the semi-stable state of an e- and e+ orbiting each other"

Unlike the thickness of an orbitsphere. Curious.

? The orbitsphere has zero thickness as well. But there is a very minute spacetime displacement where the orbitsphere is located. It represents a discontinuity in space time. Inside the orbitsphere spacetime is flat ; outside it is not.

Interesting. The size of an electron depends on who views it, and from where. I thought Mills was agin relativity? I guess I was wrong.
Of course Mills is for relativity, it's all throughout the book. It is required to get many of the calculations right. He makes some modifications however, for instance introducing 'absolute' space at particle formation.

Thanks, but no thanks. As I already said, Mills' scifi writing is nothing compared with Asimov or Clarke (say).
Yet you want me to write a Cole's notes for you, how lazy.

But here's something curious: per Mills, what happens when you collide two electrons differs per the collision angle ... head-on and you have two disks hitting face-on; from the side, and you've one disk hitting the other edge-on. I guess no one has done any experiments to see how e-e scattering varies with collision angle ... ;)

In the far field a free electron appears as a point charge.
I'm off on the road. No more posting from me for a while.
 
That is all described in the book. I have no idea where you are getting "the semi-stable state of an e- and e+ orbiting each other"
It's called positronium ("semi-stable" is relative, of course). There are quite a number of interesting states involving e- and/or e+; for example, an anti-muon may serve as a sort of nucleus with an electron around it (and muon-positron), one can even make strange compounds with these. Perhaps there are fractional quantum states of some of these too, whose creation may produce even more energy than hydrinos do! :D

? The orbitsphere has zero thickness as well. But there is a very minute spacetime displacement where the orbitsphere is located. It represents a discontinuity in space time. Inside the orbitsphere spacetime is flat ; outside it is not.
Thanks for the clarification.

Of course Mills is for relativity, it's all throughout the book. It is required to get many of the calculations right. He makes some modifications however, for instance introducing 'absolute' space at particle formation.


Yet you want me to write a Cole's notes for you, how lazy.
I have only mild curiosity on this; my own research is far more interesting (and, I gotta say, a lot more challenging).

Much more interesting would be you explaining, in detail, why Mills was unable/unwilling/whatever to try to harness the heat of a thick-walled stainless steel cylinder at ~800C. This puzzle is, generalized, one of the core questions readers here have about Mills and his work.

In the far field a free electron appears as a point charge.
OK, but how is that relevant to what I posted?

I'm off on the road. No more posting from me for a while.
Have fun, drive safely, and enjoy life! :p
 
Lowdown: It's settled in my mind, Mills gets a pass here. No doubt the skeptics here will protest. Oh well. The batch run experiments were validated as releasing heat energy far exceeding electrical energy input. That's good enough for me.
Yet again you missed the burning metal.

It would need to exceed BOTH electrical energy input and all other exothermic reactions as well.

In all cases the reactions / batches / shots / or whatever new name he gives it fail to account for all. If they did you would have long ago pointed to those calculations. You haven't and neither has Mills. This is not an oversite IMHO. Just smoke and mirrors....literally.
 
This is just too good to pass up ...

Riiight ...

So, in one kind of radioactive decay, three superimposed orbitspheres (quarks) turn into a different set of three superimposed orbitspheres and an infinitely thin, small disk (an electron, or positron, depending on the kind of decay). All according to classical physics (no quantum nonsense involved).

Maybe Mills should consider collaborating with a writer? The resulting scifi should be very enjoyable! :D


Classical physics is not nearly as entertaining as the popularization of quantum physics. In the latter you can have time travel and multiple universes, things popping out of nowhere, and cats that are simultaneously dead and alive.
 
One other thing. If you drop Sodium into liquid ammonia at low temperature you get a nice, clear blue fluid which all other chemists explain as the electron from the sodium stabilized between the ammonia molecules, but not yet bound to the ammonia.
Is the Mills electron a sphere or a disc in that configuration?


In that particular environment the free electron would take on a bubble configuration.
 
Yes the amazing Mr. Mills cannot figure out how to use a 'heat source' to generate anything useful - it completely flummoxed him - something others figured out centuries ago.

He's a real genius ya know! lol


No offence, but he's much smarter than you. And me. And probably everyone else participating here. Hands up if anyone here has graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa (in chemistry), not to mention numerous other distinctions.

(Question: What happens when one makes an edit to Wiki and mentions Mills' various awards and distinctions? Answer: It will be removed promptly.)
 
I have only mild curiosity on this; my own research is far more interesting (and, I gotta say, a lot more challenging).


What would that be if you don't mind me nosing?

Much more interesting would be you explaining, in detail, why Mills was unable/unwilling/whatever to try to harness the heat of a thick-walled stainless steel cylinder at ~800C. This puzzle is, generalized, one of the core questions readers here have about Mills and his work.


I assume that they did calorimetry experiments involving water. (I wasn't following at the time to see the validation reports, and they aren't on the website now. May look later on the web to see if results were published in a journal.) I suspect that if the water cooled the walls too much it would also cool the inner reaction chamber such that K++ would neutralize and hence lose its catalytic properties, greatly reducing the reaction rate.
 
Yet again you missed the burning metal.

It would need to exceed BOTH electrical energy input and all other exothermic reactions as well.

In all cases the reactions / batches / shots / or whatever new name he gives it fail to account for all. If they did you would have long ago pointed to those calculations. You haven't and neither has Mills. This is not an oversite IMHO. Just smoke and mirrors....literally.


Of course it exceeded electrical energy input and all possible output from conventional chemical reactions. You really seem to think Mills is dumb. Which means, you haven't actually seriously contemplated his work. It appears you are relying on a casual interview to get the 'calculations' regarding this gas cell. You will have to look elsewhere.
 
No offence, but he's much smarter than you. And me. And probably everyone else participating here. Hands up if anyone here has graduated summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa (in chemistry), not to mention numerous other distinctions.

(Question: What happens when one makes an edit to Wiki and mentions Mills' various awards and distinctions? Answer: It will be removed promptly.)

As he doesn’t have a Wiki page, the removal would probably, if true, be because of being off-topic. THe BLP page is about the company and the claims, not an individual’s claimed certifications or awards.

Funnily enough, I can find no information on awards to Mills.

For the record: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brilliant_Light_Power

Or this: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Randell_Mills
 
I suspect that if the water cooled the walls too much it would also cool the inner reaction chamber such that K++ would neutralize and hence lose its catalytic properties, greatly reducing the reaction rate.

It would have been simple to dynamically adjust the rate at which heat is removed from a vessel to maintain a fixed temperature. Perhaps there was less actual energy being produced than you assume.

My understanding is that if his take on physics was right then hydrinos would be created and his energy producing devices would work. After thirty years of trying he has produced no actual independently verifiable results. Everything he has made available so far can be explained by incompetence or fraud.
 
In that particular environment the free electron would take on a bubble configuration.

So, rather than the single, elegant and universally applicable explanation for the electron given by quantum mechanics, Mills' new 'theory' has an electron that needs a different form and equation for
A free electron
An electron around a hydrogen atom
An electron being captured by a nucleus
An electron stablized by polar molecules (how DOES mills orbitsphere explain polar bonds by the way?)
Probably an electron in an e- / e+ pair, but that is not something he thought about
An electron in a bond between two hydrogen atoms
electrons in every other element.

AND an electron in a special magical configuration that never occurs anywhere in nature, but can ONLY be accessed in Mills' lab in the hands of Mills even though the experimental setup occurs in nature and should give off immense amounts of unexplained energy, that somehow is in a material that can do exactly what Mills wants, even if the results are contradictory (his claims it is both the utterly non-reactive, non detectable dark matter AND easy to form into compounds one can detect).

And you find this an improvement on quantum mechanics why exactly?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom