That's 22 orders of magnitude smaller than the Planck length! Is that even possible?
In classical, continuous spacetime, yes.
That's 22 orders of magnitude smaller than the Planck length! Is that even possible?
Mills' "orbitsphere" idea is nonsense, from so many perspectives it's hard to know where to start critiquing it. As we have discussed, in many posts, earlier in this thread (or one of its predecessors). In terms of physics, it's no different from invisible pink unicorns, or magic.I profess ignorance about the what two colliding orbitspheres would 'look' like, and what kind of deformity it would entail, if any. If there is deformity it would be perfectly elastic. The orbitsphere acts as a whole, something I remember reading in Mills GUTCP, but I'm not entirely sure what that entails.
And, in classical, continuous spacetime, what is the force between two orbitspheres which are within one thickness of each other? Due to electromagnetism (don't forget the magnetic component!) and gravity? How about between an orbitsphere and something which isn't, a neutron say, or charged hadron (e.g. a proton)?In classical, continuous spacetime, yes.
Just read the article. I have no problems with the first quote, but I certainly do with the second quote, particularly this:
and we have power densities equivalent to many electrical power plants and running at temperatures comparable to many electrical power plants.
Frankly I can't see how this is true. I'm genuinely puzzled.
Mills' "orbitsphere" idea is nonsense, from so many perspectives it's hard to know where to start critiquing it. As we have discussed, in many posts, earlier in this thread (or one of its predecessors). In terms of physics, it's no different from invisible pink unicorns, or magic.
Take some kinds of radioactive decay:
- decay which produces an electron (or positron): per Mills, the electron is an orbitsphere, which somehow exists in a nucleus, then magically appears outside it - and the atom! - leaving all the many orbitspheres of the atom's electrons entirely unaffected
- M-shell capture: an orbitsphere in the innermost shell (M) disappears, turning into a neutron in the nucleus
- L-shell capture: same thing, but in this case an orbitsphere crosses the one or more of the interior M shell orbitspheres ... leaving them entirely unaffected
- spontaneous fission: a nucleus splits in two, and two new atoms emerge, each with its own set of orbitspheres intact; the rearrangement - per Mills - takes place with no deformation to any orbitsphere
How else to describe any of this, other than "by magic"?
And, in classical, continuous spacetime, what is the force between two orbitspheres which are within one thickness of each other? Due to electromagnetism (don't forget the magnetic component!) and gravity? How about between an orbitsphere and something which isn't, a neutron say, or charged hadron (e.g. a proton)?
I wanna make sure I understand this.<snip>
... contained in a thick stainless steel cylindrical vessel ...
<snip>
Temperature of the outer skin of the vessel would reach around 750 C. <snip>
Thanks for the suggestion.I suggest you download Mill's tome as a pdf and do a search on cross section and you'll see he has much of these types of things worked out.
I wanna make sure I understand this.
Mills made a device the outer part of which was a thick stainless steel cylinder, whose (outer) surface temperature reached ~750C.
And he never thought to wrap that in pipes, through which water would flow, converting to steam, which he could use to run a pretty conventional electricity-producing gadget? Or simply plug it in to whatever hot water system he uses to keep the place warm in winter (baseboard heating is common in NJ)?
Have I got that right?
So say you. Got it.On the contrary Mills theory is the opposite of magical.
Hmm ... and when does it turn into an orbitsphere? What sorts of shapes does it go through in between?I'm thinking that you haven't read much of Mills theory because if you did you would know that, for instance, a free electron ejected from a nucleus at high speed will be a very small diameter, flat 2D disc of charge, not an orbitsphere.
Lowdown: It's settled in my mind, Mills gets a pass here.
That is correct. Mills has hydrogen delusions that in the far field act like neutral atoms.I see what you're saying, but classically there is no field between two *neutral* atoms approaching each other. ...
Not right. The Planck length includes Planck's constant and is quantum, not classical, physics. It also includes G and so gravity (general relativity) is involved. The Planck length is the scale below which a quantum gravity theory is needed.In classical, continuous spacetime, yes.
29 June 2018 markie: Parroting of BLP propaganda from 1998 in a Mills interview.I went back to the article to read it more carefully. ...
29 June 2018 markie: A statement from ignorance: cross section is part of scattering not an answer to a question about forces.I suggest you download Mill's tome as a pdf and do a search on cross section and you'll see he has much of these types of things worked out.
I wanna make sure I understand this.
Mills made a device the outer part of which was a thick stainless steel cylinder, whose (outer) surface temperature reached ~750C.
And he never thought to wrap that in pipes, through which water would flow, converting to steam, which he could use to run a pretty conventional electricity-producing gadget? Or simply plug it in to whatever hot water system he uses to keep the place warm in winter (baseboard heating is common in NJ)?
Have I got that right?
Clearly not.No you haven't got that right, and clearly you haven't read the 1998 Infinite Energy article that SB linked to.I wanna make sure I understand this.
Mills made a device the outer part of which was a thick stainless steel cylinder, whose (outer) surface temperature reached ~750C.
And he never thought to wrap that in pipes, through which water would flow, converting to steam, which he could use to run a pretty conventional electricity-producing gadget? Or simply plug it in to whatever hot water system he uses to keep the place warm in winter (baseboard heating is common in NJ)?
Have I got that right?
So say you. Got it.
Hmm ... and when does it turn into an orbitsphere? What sorts of shapes does it go through in between?
And what is the thickness of this disc?
And is the charge (and mass) distributed evenly throughout the disc?
And what is the diameter of the disc? If it depends on the speed of the electron, how?
That's basically correct. He was unable to manufacture, or contract out, a simple heat exchanger for his device.
IIRC, he even stated that as the reason he could not move forward with commercial development.
That is correct. Mills has hydrogen delusions that in the far field act like neutral atoms.
But then you go very wrong.
Atoms do not teleport from far apart to be "in contact". They get closer and closer and form a bond. That is where this Mills delusion becomes clear to high school science students. His negative spheres should begin to repel. As they get closer the repulsion increases. Coulomb's law says that the repulsion between 2 like particles goes to infinity as their separation goes to zero.
However we also have the positive charge of the nucleus so a detailed calculation is needed. This is something that should have worried Mills but he apparently ignored it and did not do that calculation.
And even worse:
29 June 2018 markie: Ignores the infinite? forces between 2 of Mills spheres with an infinite charge density and an infinite mass density in contact.