Yeah, he concocted a lie while he was being interviewed on the hospital bed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP04_lGjkO0
Hilarious.
That's the logical fallacy of a FALSE DILEMMA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option.[1]
A false dilemma can arise intentionally, when a fallacy is used in an attempt to force a choice or outcome.
What you're claiming above is there are only two options, either your interpretation of his words are correct, or Connally lied. You want us to reject the "Connally lied" possibility, thus leaving us with only your interpretation.
That's nonsense. I've cautioned you before to check your posts for logical fallacies before you hit the "Submit Reply" button. It appears you're still not taking the time to do that. You really should try to eliminate logical fallacies from your arguments.
(Of course, if you did that, you wouldn't bother to reply most of the time).
You seem to know a lot about logical fallacies. In all seriousness, I want to ask you...
Is there a name for the fallacy of arguing via pretending to have bad reading comprehension? (e.g. you arguing with my point about Connally's testimony by simply quoting his description of the time between the second and third shot, and posting it as if he was describing the first and second shot.
Yes, it's called a straw man argument. That's where you pretend I'm advancing one point, and attack that, while ignoring the point I actually made.
I quoted Connally's total time estimate from his Warren Commission testimony (10 to 12 seconds), and divided by two to get the time between individual shots (five to six seconds). Note that Connally didn't specify the time between the first and second shot was longer or shorter than the time between shots two and three. I also quoted his HSCA testimony 15 years later, where his time estimate came down to six to ten seconds, but where he also specifically denied a short time span between any two shots. Ergo, he thought the time span between the first two shots was roughly equivalent to the time span between the last two shots.
You are pretending I quoted "his description of the time between the second and third shot, and posting it as if he was describing the first and second shot." I didn't do that whatsoever.
You're making that up. Go back and read it again, this time for comprehension. I quoted his time estimate for the entire shooting, and divided by two. I also approached this a different way, and pointed out the actual elapsed time as seen in the Zapruder film for the second to third shots (the two hits the Governor spoke of) is about five seconds. The two hits occurred at approximately Zapruder frames 223 and 313 (90 frames divided by 18.3 fps equals 4.9 seconds) and the Governor estimated a low of ten seconds, so that would leave another approximately five seconds for the elapsed time between the first and second shot (ten seconds minus five seconds equals five seconds). Of course, if the Governor's high estimate is allowed of 12 seconds for the entire shooting, then that leaves as much as seven seconds between the first and second shots.
If you have any questions how I derived these numbers, ask.
Is there a name for the fallacy of questioning somebody's source when the actual source was either self-evident (e.g. nobody trusts stuff from INFOWARS, but obviously things like Trump's last interview on INFOWARS is genuine and shows the real Donald Trump) or contained within the material you provided? (e.g. like when I link to a conspiracy-oriented book or website that itself provides painstakingly documented legitimate sources for the purpose of discussion).
The sources are not the problem. For the most part, everyone is familiar with the evidence you utilize, or your conspiracy sources utilize. The problem is the *interpretation* of the evidence. So when some CT source writes an article and *claims* that the CE399 bullet isn't the one found in Parkland, or some CT source writes a book that *claims* Oswald was a CIA asset, or whatever, that doesn't make it so. And your citing that article or that book (and claiming, hilariously, that it must be true because it has citations)
1 doesn't make your claim true either.
Is there a name for the fallacy of dismissing somebody as a "conspiracy theorist" simply for providing legitimate information on conspiracy research (e.g. "who cares about what neurologist Dr. Michael Chesser says about the X-rays showing a hole in the forehead? Providing evidence for conspiracy makes him a conspiracy theorist, and conspiracy theorists can't be trusted)?
Nobody claimed that. That's the straw man argument again. The point is their arguments rely on the same evidence everyone is familiar with, and just because someone comes up with a different *interpretation* of that evidence doesn't make them correct.
I would say circular logic, but can that phrase apply to this kind of psychological blockade of cockamamie attempts to discredit an author source?
Is there a name for the fallacy of citing an authority who says something that on the surface appears to support your argument, but when examined, actually contradicts your argument? I'm guessing it's a reading comprehension problem or a willful ignorance of the argument advanced.
I'm remembering you advanced one pathologist's claim that a bullet hit in the EOP area to support your argument that a bullet hit there, but that same pathologist also said the bullet exited the top of the head, so you wound up citing a pathologist who claimed that which you specifically argue against, as you have claimed it's not possible for the bullet to strike the EOP and exit the top of the head.
Your own cited source says the outcome is what you claim is impossible. Thanks again for destroying your own argument.
Is there a name for the fallacy of shoehorning an argument referring to the law or the constitution in a discussion about moral principals? (e.g. "You think Youtube aught to have freedom of speech? Well in the constitution it says corporations can do whatever the xxxx they want!"
Nobody here advanced that. If this is an analogy about the JFK argument advanced, why not use the actual argument to illustrate the point?
That last one does not relate to this discussion, but I have had frequent encounters with it since I often argue subjects like freedom of speech, the role of Police in the USA, the democratic legitimacy of the 2016 election results, etc. Idiots will use the phrase "Democratically elected President" to describe Trump even though Hillary actually won the popular vote. Like, do you care more about your stupid semantics games than loyalty to time-tested principals such as Democracy? /rant
Nobody here is playing the semantics game except you. I'm reminded of Lifton building his entire case for body alteration by conspirators around his reading comprehension problem, and insisting that the FBI memo that mentioned 'surgery of the head area' had to apply only to some pre-autopsy medical procedure, rather than simply a bullet taking off the top of the President's head. You constantly take one phrase or claim out of context and pretend your interpretation of the phrase or the claim should be accepted, and you ignore all arguments that point out your interpretation is contrary to a lot of the other evidence you're ignoring.
All the best.
Hank
PS: You didn't respond to the actual points I made whatsoever. You simply pretended I advanced a series of logical fallacies, and then asked me to name the logical fallacy for your pretense. Now try rebutting the points I actually made. You do use this avoidance technique constantly. You never rebut the point made, but use logical fallacies and rhetoric to appear to have a rebuttal argument. And everyone here sees it.
__________________________
1 You argued that here:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12195704&postcount=280