alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
Do the troops have to goose step. That looks impressive.
I always thought that looked ridiculous and undignified, the exact opposite of intimidating. And it can't be good for their legs.
Do the troops have to goose step. That looks impressive.
Again what is this unamerican thing you mentioned?
Not really, to any of the three - and we're discussing a city that can't even keep the subway cars on the tracks.
And we spend quite enough on these shows, from displays for politicians, to sportsball events, to flight shows.
As for this being anything but Trump's "big nuclear button that WORKS" - let's not pretend that the clown has a grasp of history.
Or tradition.
Or good taste.
This is, yet again, not to say that the idiot can't do immense damage in service of his ego, nor to excuse the GOP in general for enabling him, but it's beyond him to come up with any "grand scheme" or code words.
ETA: I forgot a major one - movies featuring military equipment.
I wonder - nah - I hope there's a float of a big red button.
I always thought that looked ridiculous and undignified, the exact opposite of intimidating. And it can't be good for their legs.
Reminder. The conspiracy goes thus:
1. The FBI in the middle of publicly investigating Clinton in a way that was very damaging to her presidential campaign was nevertheless secretly pro-Clinton
And they exhibited this pro-Clinton bias by secretly going after Carter Page, a person who was not on the Trump campaign at the time, and whom Trump had publicly distanced himself from
And they did this two weeks before the election entirely in secret. Indeed so secretly that a week later the NYT puts out a story saying "FBI finds no Russia link to Trump " on October 30.
And they do all of this surveillance by getting the hardest type of national security authorization that exists - a FISA Title I order - that requires the DAG and the Dir FBI to show probable cause that Carter Page is an agent of a foreign power to a federal judge
He should have one of those broad ribbons that goes over the shoulder and across the front and back. Hang lots of big, glorious medals on it. And give him a riding crop to complete the image.
A little too far, I'm afraid.Maybe it will be like Sadat's last parade.
He's got about as big a potty mouth as Patton, ands almost as entertaining.
I object comparing Patton to Trump;for all his bluster and ego, Patton was a superb battlefield commander,something you cannot say about Trump......
Max Boot , who is hardly a liberal ,rips Trump a new one:
nion-card-a:homepage/story&utm_term=.4f9065a4fd9b
Big fan of Boot and think he is one of the best Military Historians around.
But a senior administration official said Kelly was previously aware of the 2010 protective order, which prevented Porter from getting a full security clearance.