• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Dueling protests spark state of emergency in Virginia.

Not all people. Just the hard core Trumpers, several of which are posting on this forum. These are the people who get incensed when they are called Nazi-sympathizers for being sympathetic to the Nazis of Charlottesville.

I completely agree. The government should not abridge the free speech of Nazis, or anyone else, no matter how odious an organization they may be.

Just not sure what this has to do with the discussion in this thread...

one example out of numerous
 
Charlottesville victim's mother: I won't speak with Trump

Politico said:
In his specific remarks about Heyer, Trump has been effusive in his praise, calling her “beautiful and incredible” and “a truly special young woman.” But his comments on the protest, Heyer’s mother said, are unforgivable.

“I hadn't really watched the news until last night and I'm not talking to the president now, I'm sorry, after what he said about my child,” she said. “And it's not that I saw somebody else's tweets about him. I saw an actual clip of him at a press conference equating the protesters like Ms. Heyer with the KKK and the white supremacists.”

*waiting for trump to slam that bitch on twitter*
*waiting for our in-house nazi enablers to decry that mother's right to call the President an unforgivable ********
 
Excuse me? You do realize that they are not referring to their place in the demonstration, right? Just what places in society do you think should be off limits for Jews such as me and yourself?

The antisemites on the right believe that Jews are in control of everything and cynically make people of color their "stormtroopers" against the white, non-Jewish race. They believe that Jews seek to undermine the whiteness of the country so as to ensure their own safety (since Jews have historically been persecuted by white Christians) and continued control. They blame Jews for the immigration policies that have ensured whites will be less than 50% of the American population by 2050 or so. They blame Jews for affirmative action and for perceived reverse racism. So when they chant (I think - this is based in educated guesswork on my part), "Jews will not replace us," they mean that they won't let the powers that be in the country (i.e. Jews) undermine their status in this country as the majority and dominant ethnic group.

Actually, the antisemites on the left agree that Jews are in control of everything. So there is common ground there.

Now, to be fair, antisemitic conspiracy theories are quite natural given the astonishing outperformance (in terms of wealth, political power, education, and eliteness generally) by Jews (at least Ashkenazi ones) in virtually any society they make their home. I am agnostic as to whether this outperformance is due to culture or genetics or some combination. I am quite certain it is not due to any worldwide Jewish conspiracy, however. If it is, I'll be very annoyed for not having been invited to any of the meetings.
 
Last edited:
I feel like any private business should have the right to ban members of violent hate groups.

I think legally they can*. I just think it's silly. They're not using it with the intent of furthering their political goals or to organize rallies. They're just trying to find someone to love and be with like anyone else.

And it's not like they work there and to some extent represent the company.

*It could be argued in the courts that such bans are retaliatory action which has a chilling effect against freedom of speech, assembly, and the right to protest.
 
Last edited:
What good things did Confederate generals/politicians do that are meaningful enough that we should memorialize them to this day?

Well, ordering Pickett's Charge probably shortened the Civil War.
 
I think legally they can*. I just think it's silly. They're not using it with the intent of furthering their political goals or to organize rallies. They're just trying to find someone to love and be with like anyone else.

And it's not like they work there and to some extent represent the company.

*shrugs*

Again, we're talking about violent extremists. If a private business banned members of ISIS or al-Qaeda, I wouldn't be concerned about that either.

*It could be argued in the courts that such bans are retaliatory action which has a chilling effect against freedom of speech, assembly, and the right to protest.

I'm not seeing how any of those things are under threat by a dating website denying membership to white nationalists.
 
Okay... what does that have to do with free speech? What's your point here, TBD?

Oh my, you really don't understand? That is quite remarkable.

You see there have been people here in this thread attacking other posters and labeling them things like " in-house nazi enablers" merely for supporting the "odious" groups' right to free expression.

I would have thought this was blindingly obvious, but I guess not.
 
Oh my, you really don't understand? That is quite remarkable.

You see there have been people here in this thread attacking other posters and labeling them things like " in-house nazi enablers" merely for supporting the "odious" groups' right to free expression.

I would have thought this was blindingly obvious, but I guess not.

Oh okay, you're just whining that people are calling you mean names. I thought maybe you had a substantive point to make. My mistake.
 
Oh okay, you're just whining that people are calling you mean names. I thought maybe you had a substantive point to make. My mistake.

:eye-poppi

That is without a doubt the single most ridiculous, mendacious response I have seen in a long, long, long while.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom