• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Dueling protests spark state of emergency in Virginia.

Say, Nazis are bad!

Lest dismantle freedom of speech.

I am fine if you say about Nazis what you really think. I for one would not report that to the mods.
In fact, I asked you pointed and specific questions about people marching along with Nazis.
For some reason, you elected to censor yourself.
 
Saw that one coming a mile away.

Unfortunately the sentence right after the highlighted portion is where you inadvertently preemptively defeated the escape hatch you thought you could use in the aftermath of being called out.

ETA: Even accepting this little tapdance, the question remains: is that belief credible and accurate?!?!

I didn't originally intend to use an "escape hatch" as you call it. But I did make it crystal clear that I wasn't going to provide evidence but I would consider any evidence to the contrary. I have been burned too many times by doing all of the legwork, only to have my interlocutors respond with handwaving or a speedy exit from the discussion (only to return in a new thread posting the same old claims). I, on the hand, appreciate the presentation of contrary evidence and am always willing to provide a substantive rebuttal or a concession (admittedly, the latter rarely happens - such is the burden of being right all the time :blush:).
 
In other words, you have no legal basis for it, no authority to enforce it, and yet this 'expansive' view is conveniently interpreted in a way that prevents others from doing the same.

Fascinating.

I have no idea what you mean. How am I preventing others from "doing the same," and what is "the same?"
 
In the 1920's and 30's most Germans paid little attention to the Nazis (who could hardly be taken seriously, let's face it) and took positions between Conservative and Social Democrat. I suppose one could call them "enablers", but one has to have some sympathy for them. Their world was very new to them, and they had no idea how fragile it was.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. :cool:

There certainly was quite a broad spectrum of political positions and parties to the right of "conservative", to which the NSdAP emerged as a rival. One of the birth defects of the Weimar constitution was that it promoted a parliament consisting of many small parties. In the right corner, the Nazis rather soon were as much a force to consider as the slightly older other nationalist parties.
 
You think that's just a theory?

Adorable.

No, not just a theory. I think it's a ludicrous conspiracy theory and really should switch places with the thread about Debbie Wasserman Schultz's aide, who was just indicted on several felonious counts, which now resides in the CT subforum.
 
I didn't originally intend to use an "escape hatch" as you call it. But I did make it crystal clear that I wasn't going to provide evidence but I would consider any evidence to the contrary. I have been burned too many times by doing all of the legwork, only to have my interlocutors respond with handwaving or a speedy exit from the discussion (only to return in a new thread posting the same old claims). I, on the hand, appreciate the presentation of contrary evidence and am always willing to provide a substantive rebuttal or a concession (admittedly, the latter rarely happens - such is the burden of being right all the time :blush:).

You don't get to make a claim, devoid of evidence, and then get to shift the burden of proof simply by saying that you're not willing to find any yourself.

Your claim, your burden of proof.
 
The Nazis were given permits, and marched with hate. The left should just shut up and accept it?

It's.. very enlightening.

It's always the lefts fault.

What the quote I heard in that video I posted? Oh yes 'Jews will not replace us'. Just accept it. To do otherwise would infringe on their freedom of speech.

Yes, just accept (or rather ignore) it is a reasonable, and probably the best, strategy. As for the actual chant itself, I've heard worse. Hell, I don't even want to replace them, so as far as I'm concerned their demands should be easy to satisfy. No skin off my suspiciously large nose (although I can't say the same about my schadenboner).
 
You don't get to make a claim, devoid of evidence, and then get to shift the burden of proof simply by saying that you're not willing to find any yourself.

" don't get to ...?" Whatever do you mean? If you feel no burden of proof, then why are you whining?
 
I am fine if you say about Nazis what you really think. I for one would not report that to the mods.
In fact, I asked you pointed and specific questions about people marching along with Nazis.
For some reason, you elected to censor yourself.

:confused:
 
No, not just a theory. I think it's a ludicrous conspiracy theory and really should switch places with the thread about Debbie Wasserman Schultz's aide, who was just indicted on several felonious counts, which now resides in the CT subforum.

You also think that there was a conspiracy to protect Hillary from prosecution so beg my pardon if I don't care about your judgment.
 
Yes, just accept (or rather ignore) it is a reasonable, and probably the best, strategy. As for the actual chant itself, I've heard worse. Hell, I don't even want to replace them, so as far as I'm concerned their demands should be easy to satisfy. No skin off my suspiciously large nose (although I can't say the same about my schadenboner).

Excuse me? You do realize that they are not referring to their place in the demonstration, right? Just what places in society do you think should be off limits for Jews such as me and yourself?
 
Last edited:
No, I don't respond because it is too much work and won't do any good. Most conservatives are well aware that almost all political violence is coming from the left side of the spectrum. If you want to believe we're wrong or deluded, that's fine with me. I am open to a contrary argument if you want to present your evidence, however. I just don't want to do the work.

A look at the data on domestic terrorism and who’s behind it.

Whew... I'm exhausted from all that "work"...
 
My guess is that roughly 10% or less of self-described anti-fascists have anything resembling that definition in mind, much less are they able to articulate it. Furthermore, I think there are probably a goodly number of self-described anti-fascists whose political ideology fits that definition.

Ah - I get it now:
When 99% of the population are anti-fascist, and they commit 90% of all the violence in the country, then they are proven really really bad. While the 1% of Nazis committing 10% of the violence would be victims and essentially very fine people?
 
" don't get to ...?" Whatever do you mean? If you feel no burden of proof, then why are you whining?


Fine, if you are hereby committing to never asking for proof for another member. And recognizing how not providing proof undermines anyone's argument.
 
Technically my claim is about what most conservatives are well aware of (believe, in other words). Do you doubt this? I think I would need to do a poll to be really scientific about it, but a fair-minded person would simply spend a little time reading about the assaults on free speech in academia and the workplace.

You just tore the ADL statistics because it admits to a few unknowns.

Then you try to support your argument with a guess on your own anecdotal perception.

And you want us to believe that your claim is better supported by the evidence than the opposing hypothesis.



You do notice, don't you, how embarrassing your defeat is, right?
 
No, not just a theory. I think it's a ludicrous conspiracy theory and really should switch places with the thread about Debbie Wasserman Schultz's aide, who was just indicted on several felonious counts, which now resides in the CT subforum.

2 Grand Juries say this isn't a "conspiracy theory".

But hey, keep on pumping up your hero! It's funny. How's that schadenboner working out for you?
 
What good things did Confederate generals/politicians do that are meaningful enough that we should memorialize them to this day?

The same question could be asked for Alexander the Great and others. My point is that it's not just the side they fought for that matters when immortalising historical people.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom