• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is, it's Fredo wearing the ring.

I think it's more likely that Trump just won't take suggestions he didn't think of himself, and he doesn't know a lot of people so there aren't a lot of candidates to trick him into thinking were his idea.

If you want a glimpse at the power behind the throne, look at who installs competent advisers or assistants to Trump's picks at about the same time.
 
If it is, it's Fredo wearing the ring.

I think it's more likely that Trump just won't take suggestions he didn't think of himself, and he doesn't know a lot of people so there aren't a lot of candidates to trick him into thinking were his idea.
If you want a glimpse at the power behind the throne, look at who installs competent advisers or assistants to Trump's picks at about the same time.
Sorry, but I think it's more likely that a corrupt real estate magnate picked a corrupt sycophant to engage in some fresh corruption on said corrupt magnate's home turf. It's not like the completely unqualified HUD Secretary will be able to do a damn thing about it.
 
I still can't understand how in the world you screw up a Casino.

The house ALWAYS wins, it's basic math. All you have to do is get people through the doors and have them play the games and have a large enough cash reserve to payout occasional big winners.

Las Vegas is built off the back of it.

The story of how he did screw it up so badly is fascinating reading, but I'd bet that any of the posters here could run a casino and have it make a decent profit.

What caused the Trump Atlantic City Casino to go broke was he could not get enough people through the doors;the market in Atlantic City was overcrowded with Casinos; and the Trump Casino did not enough in the way of other attractions to make it competitive with the more established casinos.

And Trump was warned about this before he built the Trump Casino: That the market was flooded,and it was a bad idea to spend a huge amount of money on a lavish Casino in a flooded market. But Trump thought his name on it would be enough to get people throught the doors:He was wrong. Once again his ego led to disaster.
 
How the hell can you mess up a name like "Warmbier"? (warm beer)
He actually said it correctly the second time.

(eta) Oh, ffs. "San Tiego"? (aka "Santiago")

At least he can say "nuclear" right.
 
Last edited:
Of course it does.
Admittedly they're only around at the weekend as they're working in the City during the week, but of a Sunday you'll find them rumbling over the Hog's Back...
:)
In the U.S. Triumphs don't count ;)

Wish I were in the UK, or somewhere where 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32 Celsius) is considered blisteringly hot.

Re: The topic. I continue to think the best course of action for now is not to destroy Donald Trump but to contain him, and his tactics, in a way that causes him to further destroy himself. Up to a point. I want him to lose more credibility with people who voted for him. Some will stay on board forever, I know. By "destroyed" I mean politically, not a call to violence.
 
And now Mango Mussolini is putting the screws to Obama's warming relations with Cuba.
What an *******.

It's stupid. And you will not find somebody who dislikes the current regime in Cuba more then I.
There was a solid reason for the boycott and restrictions during the Cold War, when Cuba was pretty much a puppet of the Soviet Union, but the Cold war has been over for 25 years.
ANd this helps the Regime in Cuba. They can go back to blaming the evil Yankee boycott for Cuba's bad economic state instead of their own incompetence.

It's like Trump is so angry that Obama is better thought of then he that he automatically seeks to overturn anything that Obama does.
 
Last edited:
It's like Trump is so angry that Obama is better thought of then he that he automatically seeks to overturn anything that Obama does.
More like Trump is still butthurt that Obama made fun of him at the WHCA dinner all those years ago. If there's one thing Trump's ego does not tolerate, it's being made fun of and laughed at.

All the more reason to continue doing so, I suppose.
 
And that specifically is what I'd hope to have happen. Resignation or the (I'M NOT ADVOCATING FOR IT) "Lincoln / Kennedy" solution to the problem doesn't allow for a perp walk and the complete destruction of everything he's done his entire life. I want him ruined. I want him embarrassed. I want every sycophant who has defended this known scumbag to go down with him. I want a message sent loud and clear that DECENT people run our society.

THAT is what I want out of this fiasco.

This is the best suggestion I have read yet.
 
.
Trump is his own worst enemy.

Trump tweets:

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt
6:07 AM - 16 Jun 2017


So now, Trump admits that he is under an investigation for firing FBI director, James Comey. What Trump told the Russians.


Trump told Russian diplomats that firing 'nut job' Comey from FBI relieved 'great pressure,' report says

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...sian-diplomats-that-1495223961-htmlstory.html


Trump indicates to the Russians why he fired Comey and now, Trump's tweets are coming back to haunt him.


Trump's statements linking Russia investigation to Comey firing could lead to legal problems

A growing number of legal experts say President Trump has opened himself up to a charge of obstruction of justice this week when he said “this Russia thing with Trump” was on his mind when he fired FBI Director James Comey.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...ents-linking-russia-1494682462-htmlstory.html
 
Last edited:
More like Trump is still butthurt that Obama made fun of him at the WHCA dinner all those years ago. If there's one thing Trump's ego does not tolerate, it's being made fun of and laughed at.

All the more reason to continue doing so, I suppose.

Why does he have to punish the rest of us??
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom