• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know someone like that. The teller of tall tales where all said is taken with a grain of salt. Not someone you want to deeply involved in your life, and certainly not to the extent of being leader of your country.
 
I can't imagine it was ever a plus in his business dealings either. :rolleyes:

I don't understand it, but I'm pretty sure it was a plus. Something was a plus. They guy made billions and then got elected president. That's a more impressive resume than mine.

I've watched people like him in business settings, and I'm always stunned and amazed as their lies get them into good positions. I can't understand it, but I've watched it several times.
 
This is a sad commentary on the Presidency President, but...

In his second (?) statement to the press about the shooting, Trump called Rep. Scalise "... a good friend, a really good friend."

And my first thought was... I don't believe you.

I can't help thinking Trump has probably never met the man outside of a group setting, and probably only once or twice at that. Likely didn't even know his name before today... just like the vast majority of the rest of us outside of either D.C. or his home district in Louisiana (of course, I could be wrong).

But it's Trumps demeanor, the constant bragging, the constant exaggerating that's at the heart of it... and I can't imagine the rest of the world seeing it as a good thing.

I can't imagine it was ever a plus in his business dealings either. :rolleyes:


Probably not, but look at the number of slimy, obviously duplicitous used car salesmen that still manage to sell lots of cars.

It doesn't seem to be a huge impediment to business.
 
I don't understand it, but I'm pretty sure it was a plus. Something was a plus. They guy made billions and then got elected president. That's a more impressive resume than mine.

I've watched people like him in business settings, and I'm always stunned and amazed as their lies get them into good positions. I can't understand it, but I've watched it several times.


Working in the corporate world, I can tell you , from observation only, that these two things are much, much more important than anything else:

1. The job you do is not important. The PR you do on the job you do is important.


2. At all costs, never attach your name to a bad decision (Which always works out as never attach your name to a decision)


Working in a corporation is working in a top-down, command economy not subject to market forces. Perception is more important than reality.

A bit like the Soviet Union, ironically.
 
America's relationship with Australia is about to get prickly.

In leaked audio, Mr Turnbull is heard making fun of his meeting with the president in New York last month.

"It was beautiful. It was the most beautiful putting-me-at-ease ever," he jokes.

He even does a Donald Trump impersonation.

"The Donald and I, we are winning and winning in the polls. We are winning so much, we are winning, we are winning like we have never won before," he says.

He also alludes to the probe into the Trump campaign's links with Russia, adding: "I have this Russian guy… Believe me, it's true, it is true."
 
Hopefully, the gutless wonder will man up and fire Mueller.

Its reported that he does not have the authority to fire Mueller.

This from CNN Politics:

"Who can fire Mueller?
Technically, it's up to the attorney general to decide what to do with the special counsel.
"The attorney general is the one who has to fire him," said CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on "Anderson Cooper 360." "(Attorney General) Jeff Sessions is recused here, so it would be up to (Deputy Attorney General) Rod Rosenstein, who was the person who just appointed Bob Mueller a couple of weeks ago."
Sessions previously recused himself from any involvement in the Russia investigation due to his role as a prominent campaign adviser and surrogate.
So that would leave such a decision to Rosenstein, who just appointed Mueller on May 17 to oversee the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election."


So, if Rosenstein refused to fire Mueller, Trump would have to fire Rosenstein and then find a more "compliant" replacement. The optics would be terrible, but optics do not seem to figure into Trump's rather impulsive decision making.
 
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Australia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes,"
 
So, if Rosenstein refused to fire Mueller, Trump would have to fire Rosenstein and then find a more "compliant" replacement. The optics would be terrible, but optics do not seem to figure into Trump's rather impulsive decision making.

Has Trump appointed the people to the positions to replace Rosenstein? It would be the most trumpy thing ever to have him fire Rosenstein then go to congress to attempt to get a replacement
 
Its reported that he does not have the authority to fire Mueller.

This from CNN Politics:

"Who can fire Mueller?
Technically, it's up to the attorney general to decide what to do with the special counsel.
"The attorney general is the one who has to fire him," said CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on "Anderson Cooper 360." "(Attorney General) Jeff Sessions is recused here, so it would be up to (Deputy Attorney General) Rod Rosenstein, who was the person who just appointed Bob Mueller a couple of weeks ago."
Sessions previously recused himself from any involvement in the Russia investigation due to his role as a prominent campaign adviser and surrogate.
So that would leave such a decision to Rosenstein, who just appointed Mueller on May 17 to oversee the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election."


So, if Rosenstein refused to fire Mueller, Trump would have to fire Rosenstein and then find a more "compliant" replacement. The optics would be terrible, but optics do not seem to figure into Trump's rather impulsive decision making.
According to legal talking heads, because Solicitor General and other high level positions haven't been filled, there's nobody in Justice eligible to be promoted to AG or Assistant AG. For someone other than Rosenstein to fire Mueller, that person would have to be appointed by Trump and approved by the senate.
 
According to legal talking heads, because Solicitor General and other high level positions haven't been filled, there's nobody in Justice eligible to be promoted to AG or Assistant AG. For someone other than Rosenstein to fire Mueller, that person would have to be appointed by Trump and approved by the senate.

Surely Sessions could just unrecluse himself. Who's going to complain?
 
This is a sad commentary on the Presidency President, but...

In his second (?) statement to the press about the shooting, Trump called Rep. Scalise "... a good friend, a really good friend."

And my first thought was... I don't believe you.

I can't help thinking Trump has probably never met the man outside of a group setting, and probably only once or twice at that. Likely didn't even know his name before today... just like the vast majority of the rest of us outside of either D.C. or his home district in Louisiana (of course, I could be wrong).

But it's Trumps demeanor, the constant bragging, the constant exaggerating that's at the heart of it... and I can't imagine the rest of the world seeing it as a good thing.

I can't imagine it was ever a plus in his business dealings either. :rolleyes:

Did you see the reports from the White House about Trump and Scalise

1) According to "Jennifer Jacobs" (don't know who that is)
Trump entered Steve Scalise's hospital room and sat by the gravely injured congressman's bedside with Melania, per @PressSec

Tweeted on 6/14 at 10:04 pm

2) But at 9:44 pm, Jim Acosta says
WH official on hospital visit: "President Trump did not meet with Scalise and did not go into the room where Scalise is being treated."

The frickin White House can't even get their story straight about whether the President saw the guy at the hospital!

Why not just tell the *********** truth! It's easier to keep your story straight that way.
 
Its reported that he does not have the authority to fire Mueller.

This from CNN Politics:

"Who can fire Mueller?
Technically, it's up to the attorney general to decide what to do with the special counsel.
"The attorney general is the one who has to fire him," said CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on "Anderson Cooper 360." "(Attorney General) Jeff Sessions is recused here, so it would be up to (Deputy Attorney General) Rod Rosenstein, who was the person who just appointed Bob Mueller a couple of weeks ago."
Sessions previously recused himself from any involvement in the Russia investigation due to his role as a prominent campaign adviser and surrogate.
So that would leave such a decision to Rosenstein, who just appointed Mueller on May 17 to oversee the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election."


So, if Rosenstein refused to fire Mueller, Trump would have to fire Rosenstein and then find a more "compliant" replacement. The optics would be terrible, but optics do not seem to figure into Trump's rather impulsive decision making.


Here's another article on the subject.

Trump or Congress can still block Robert Mueller. I know. I wrote the rules.

Possibly more credentialed, but the conclusions are much the same.


Slightly different slant. Not much.
 
I'm not sure this whole presidency deal will be very good for his brand, either.

And that specifically is what I'd hope to have happen. Resignation or the (I'M NOT ADVOCATING FOR IT) "Lincoln / Kennedy" solution to the problem doesn't allow for a perp walk and the complete destruction of everything he's done his entire life. I want him ruined. I want him embarrassed. I want every sycophant who has defended this known scumbag to go down with him. I want a message sent loud and clear that DECENT people run our society.

THAT is what I want out of this fiasco.
 
Just 5 months in office and what a mess Trump has created. Trump is losing support, even among his own supporters.
A necessary condition in the possible replacement process, IMO.

It has to become obvious Trump is hurting himself far more than his detractors are hurting him. Otherwise he's seen as persecuted by political enemies and specific action against him risks more of a backlash.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom