• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
A necessary condition in the possible replacement process, IMO.

It has to become obvious Trump is hurting himself far more than his detractors are hurting him. Otherwise he's seen as persecuted by political enemies and specific action against him risks more of a backlash.

His have constant scandals so none of them can get traction doesn't exactly make effective governance.
 
I'm not sure this whole presidency deal will be very good for his brand, either.

I still think the reason he hates CNN so much is that Anthony Boudain ridiculed the restaturants as Trump's hotels as being ripoffs, selling medicore meals at very high prices.
 
He launched a WTF attack on Hilary Clinton,trying to blame her for the Russia Scandals.

Shades of Captain Queeg reliving his past glories.......how long until Trump starts tweeting about stolen Strawberries?
 
I'm not sure this whole presidency deal will be very good for his brand, either.

To be honest, I'm not sure Trump was ever good for the Trump brand. He tried that route, and it led to bankruptcy.

The Trump business model is to use the brand as cover for money laundering. The brand just has to be famous enough to be a plausible 'real' business so nobody asks "Those ****** hotels can't possibly be making him rich, we need to investigate."

There was a pizza place near my house when I was in college that never had any customers, and when we went in to order a pizza, they had crappy pizza, crappy service (one order took six hours to deliver), and crappy prices. It boggled me that they were in business for over a year. And then bam! The paper published their arrests, it was a warehouse for contraband cigarettes, operated by bikers in Surrey. They just needed a plausible pretense to move thousands of dollars a month and rent real estate.
 
I'm not sure this whole presidency deal will be very good for his brand, either.


I agree! The Trump-brand has been associated with failures such as Trump University, Trump vodka, Trump Airlines, etc., and further damage can be expected due to his idiotic mindset.
 
CEOs to Trump: You're failing

President Trump loved to brag during the campaign about his business skills. Now that he's in charge, business leaders seem alarmed by Trump's political skills.

A stunning 50% of the CEOs, business execs, government officials and academics surveyed at the annual Yale CEO Summit give Trump an "F" for his first 130 days in office.

The survey, released earlier this week, found that another 21% give Trump's performance a "D" so far. Just 1% of the 125 leaders polled awarded the billionaire an "A."
 
I agree! The Trump-brand has been associated with failures such as Trump University, Trump vodka, Trump Airlines, etc., and further damage can be expected due to his idiotic mindset.

Let's not forget Trump Steaks and the Trump casino in Atlantic City....
 
A necessary condition in the possible replacement process, IMO.

It has to become obvious Trump is hurting himself far more than his detractors are hurting him. Otherwise he's seen as persecuted by political enemies and specific action against him risks more of a backlash.


I don't think Trump understands the magnitude of his tweets, which are detrimental to his presidency. Thanks to his tweets, his travel ban is still on hold and his credibility continues to take a dump, which hit rock bottom years before he moved into the White House. At that rate, Trump will have dug himself a hole so deep that it will extend halfway to China before the end of his first term.
 
Things are going well.

Trump, for months, has bristled almost daily at the ongoing probes. He has sometimes, without prompting, injected “I’m not under investigation” into conversations with associates and allies. He has watched hours of TV coverage every day — sometimes even storing morning news shows on his TiVo to watch in the evening — and complained nonstop.
 
The paper published their arrests, it was a warehouse for contraband cigarettes, operated by bikers in Surrey.
Surrey has bikers?

In traipsing through Panama City skyscrapers a few years ago I saw many floors that were unfurnished, almost unfinished. I suspect shell companies were experiencing "cost overruns." See Trump Tower Baku.

ETA: A deli in my city had a sign out front that said, "Delivery within 24 hours or it's free!" But the food was good.
ETA2: I was thinking of Surrey, England.
 
Last edited:
Let's not forget Trump Steaks and the Trump casino in Atlantic City....

I still can't understand how in the world you screw up a Casino.

The house ALWAYS wins, it's basic math. All you have to do is get people through the doors and have them play the games and have a large enough cash reserve to payout occasional big winners.

Las Vegas is built off the back of it.

The story of how he did screw it up so badly is fascinating reading, but I'd bet that any of the posters here could run a casino and have it make a decent profit.
 
The story of how he did screw it up so badly is fascinating reading, but I'd bet that any of the posters here could run a casino and have it make a decent profit.

Good article. Well, I'm pretty sure that no one with the kind of money necessary to create a large casino would ever be stupid enough to loan it to me since I have no qualifications to run such a business and no plan on how to do so. Trump's main talent seems to be the ability to convince people who really should know better to trust him with vast resources and responsibilities without any good basis for thinking that he can handle them. Then he screws up but somehow gets away with it and personally profits. It's an impressive skill set.
 
Surrey has bikers?

ETA2: I was thinking of Surrey, England.

Of course it does.
Admittedly they're only around at the weekend as they're working in the City during the week, but of a Sunday you'll find them rumbling over the Hog's Back...
:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom