King of the Americas
Banned
- Joined
- Nov 15, 2001
- Messages
- 6,513
I am. Those pictures are not from the Atlantic ocean.
Are you thinking Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Ocean...? Maps are hard...
I am. Those pictures are not from the Atlantic ocean.
How about the fact that this sort of stone is common over there?
You've been told this before but in addressing "all" objections you seem to be missing quite a few of them.
Yes, Homer too.
Unless you can point us to the thick brass walls that surround the isle of the Wind God.
Or tell us on which junkie-infested island the narcotic lotos was harvested. Or where the autonomously moving, clashing rocks of the Symplegades can be found.
The fact that he used real world locations in his stories does not mean that all locations in his stories are real.
Keep digging...
He claimed it was bigger than Asia and Libya combined. That's not modern day Asia and Libya, but it means Anatolia and Northern Africa. So... quite specific, and huge.
Ahh, No. They don't. Science employs a peer-review process wherein letters matter.
But (according to Plato, AIUI) it wasn't a small settlement on the shore of continental Europe, it was a large one on a separate island miles out in the Atlantic. So I'm still not seeing what these particular submerged ruins could possibly have to do with it.Atlantis sunk due to earthquakes and rising sea levels.
Are you thinking Gulf of Mexico, Arctic Ocean...? Maps are hard...
ACTUALLY, most ancient city planners adopted (like today) specific building codes, colors, and themes.
See, Plato has to be taken literally, until he doesn't...Is it called 'digging' underwater? Maybe dredging? In any case, yes, I want more underwater investigations off the coast of Spain. I'm doing what I can. Preliminarily speaking I can see LOTS of underwater ruins all along the Spanish coast, one very round.
Bigger than Asia...? AND Libia? Sure but in what direction? If the land extended up the Spanish coast and he never saw the edge of it, I am sure it would seem unending.
Bigger than Asia...? AND Libia? Sure but in what direction? If the land extended up the Spanish coast and he never saw the edge of it, I am sure it would seem unending.
For someone who claims to address "all" argument you sure waste a lot of time with sarcasm.
Plato said that Atlantis was out in the Atlantic ocean. Or are you ignoring that part because it doesn't fit your narrative?
Most? In the neolithic? Citation, please.
Enreddening by me.Plato was not a fictional writer in the spirit of Tolkien, George Lucas, or Rowling. He was a teacher who wrote to preserve and inform.
What's life without whimsy?
No, I just don't know 'exactly' what that means... I mean that could mean simply there was no bridge to it, that you'd need a boat to get to it.
Ummm... No, not right now.
I'd just say that if you search ancient monolithic sites, you'll see each one has its own theme, much of Greece today still paints their stone home white with matching colors.
"HOA's" ...need I go on?
See, Plato has to be taken literally, until he doesn't......
A. What does that even mean?
Uh-huh. Sure. I'm sure you don't understand what he means even though he explained it at length.
Cool. Refresh this for me: What are the sources outside of Plato that mention Atlantis?Ahhh, I think I understand your confusion...
Story A contains a falsehood, so the rest of story A is an unreliable historical source.
You gotta toss that idea. History isn't ONE tale, ONE person's account. ANY 'one' piece of evidence is tainted with personal bias and perspective. History has to be peer-reviewed with other pieces of evidences to 'find' the consistency, so that with all of them we can reach the best possible understanding of what really happened.
Cool. Refresh this for me: What are the sources outside of Plato that mention Atlantis?
Funny how many similarities there are in debating style between believers in Atlantis, Bigfoot, Aliens, Chupacabras and psychics.
Same damn tactics every time.