• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand your enthusiasm but it's really not necessary, in this forum, to keep repeating this line. I'd suggest, if you are intent on the slogan, posting it on facebook or twitter for broader effect. Here, it's becoming spam-like and doesn't add to any of the conversations.

Let's just say that I won't be surprised if Trump comes up short of a four-year term. I see similarities between him and Nixon, and we know what happened to Nixon.
 
Last edited:
They have to communicate with him in 140 characters or less.

It is offensive that NATO is dumbing down their meeting to enable Cheetos Dust to keep up. They should have their usual presentations and if Trump can't keep up, tough ****. They could set up an adjacent kindergarten school room for him to learn in.
 
And several of the rest of you would do well to recall Bundy and his ranch, then his boy out here in Oregon.

If Trump is taken down, even just legally removed, I 100% fully expect one or two violent incidents from the anti-Gov't Prepper Brigade.

Count on it.
If that was a bet, you could take it to the bank and use it for loan collateral. :p
 
It is offensive that NATO is dumbing down their meeting to enable Cheetos Dust to keep up. They should have their usual presentations and if Trump can't keep up, tough ****. They could set up an adjacent kindergarten school room for him to learn in.

Well if they want to get what they want out of him they probably need to make it easy for him to understand.
 
Thanks for the link but it has no probative value as it compares apple skins to apple skins, not apple skins to apples. I've worked out that the earth's radius is 6.361 x 106 meters. I started to do the math, lost patience with the conversions and Googled *neil degrasse tyson wrong atmosphere apple*. I found several instances of him being wrong, or being called wrong, but none of them involved his claims about the thickness of the atmosphere/earth relative to the thickness of the peel/apple.

The peels are measured in microns which is 1 x 10-6 of a meter. What do you figure the radius of an apple is? And "atmosphere" isn't all that clear either. Technically it goes for 300 miles but most of it is in the first 10 miles. There's a point where it doesn't effectively matter. I thought Tyson put that at 60 miles.

Maybe I can work this out later, gotta walk the dog now. Interesting link.

Personally I've always thought about it in terms of the skin of an orange. Which is thicker than a typical apple, but still thin compared to the total body.
 
Thanks for the link but it has no probative value as it compares apple skins to apple skins, not apple skins to apples....

Perhaps the point of the comment was, actually, skin? Takedowns of Tyson usually involve alt-right nitpicking. When he has made factual errors, he is of the few who will own up, unlike his detractors.
 
It is offensive that NATO is dumbing down their meeting to enable Cheetos Dust to keep up. They should have their usual presentations and if Trump can't keep up, tough ****. They could set up an adjacent kindergarten school room for him to learn in.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing yesterday but thought that a joke was better for my morale.
 
I'm not sure what purpose it served jailing those 40 people, either. I'm not a big lock-'em-up activist. My outrage today is more directed at Jeff Sessions as outlined in this Rand Paul op-ed. Not that I'm a big Rand Paul fan, either. Sessions is just who I happen to be pissed off at right now. More than Trump, so far today.

On the plus side we have now made perjury legal so you can be just like Sessions and face the same lack of consequences.
 
It is offensive that NATO is dumbing down their meeting to enable Cheetos Dust to keep up. They should have their usual presentations and if Trump can't keep up, tough ****. They could set up an adjacent kindergarten school room for him to learn in.

But you don't have to many toddlers who can launch nukes because they are throwing a temper tantrum.
 
And several of the rest of you would do well to recall Bundy and his ranch, then his boy out here in Oregon.

If Trump is taken down, even just legally removed, I 100% fully expect one or two violent incidents from the anti-Gov't Prepper Brigade.

Count on it.

So the country is being held hostage by morons?
 
The peels are measured in microns which is 1 x 10-6 of a meter. What do you figure the radius of an apple is? And "atmosphere" isn't all that clear either. Technically it goes for 300 miles but most of it is in the first 10 miles. There's a point where it doesn't effectively matter. I thought Tyson put that at 60 miles.

He's fudging quite a bit to make it come out "right." NASA puts it at 100 km.

Maybe I can work this out later, gotta walk the dog now. Interesting link.

Here's some links if you want to run the numbers yourself:
http://www.agriculturejournals.cz/publicFiles/51351.pdf (apple skin)
http://stemilttrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/AppleSizing.pdf (apple diameters)
https://www.universetoday.com/15055/diameter-of-earth/ (Earth diameter)
For atmosphere: Kármán lineWP

Maybe "wrong" was too strong? How about cherry picking (apple picking?) the numbers he likes to get the image to come out the way he wants it to?
 
An interesting story relating to job creation.

There was a lit of crowing in the Trump administration that his direct involvement had saved hundreds of jobs at Ford by forcing/encouraging them to invest in a US plant and not one in Mexico. This just in:

Ford is planning to cut around 10% of its global workforce in an attempt to boost profits, according to reports.

<snip>

Ford employs around 200,000 people, with half of them in North America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39933056

Now I suppose most, if not all, of those job cuts could come outside the US but like as not, they will tend to be proportional to the number of people employed - so about 10,000 jobs in North America, a fair chunk of those in the US.
 
It is offensive that NATO is dumbing down their meeting to enable Cheetos Dust to keep up. They should have their usual presentations and if Trump can't keep up, tough ****. They could set up an adjacent kindergarten school room for him to learn in.

To be fair, everything they tell him goes straight to the Russians (or anyone he's talking any time he wants to brag, so everyone he ever talks to), so excluding details is probably in the national interest.
 
He's fudging quite a bit to make it come out "right." NASA puts it at 100 km.

...60mi=100km

Maybe "wrong" was too strong? How about cherry picking (apple picking?) the numbers he likes to get the image to come out the way he wants it to?

It's a useful heuristic. I don't think the point was ever that the analogy is 100% accurate. A lot of people, myself included, have a faulty image about the size of the Earth in comparison to the thickness of the atmosphere, specifically the troposphere. The apple analogy goes a long way to rectifying that general perspective mistake. Any detail from that point forward is largely only useful to subject matter experts.
 
Anyone else noticed that Republicans have stopped using the term "Founding Fathers"?
Under Obama, no day would go bye without someone claiming to know what they would or wouldn't have done in the current situation.

Most likely because they know as well as we do what they would have to say about Trump.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom