• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere is a pretty thin skin - in terms of fruit, it is the skin on an apple if the apple is the whole earth (Neil deGrasse Tyson). I'm pleased to find out if you Google NASA climate change you still get this. I'm surprised Trump has not ordered NASA to suppress this information. It may just be a matter of time. The rise in carbon dioxide is a straight line up from 1950. Before that it fluctuated but never got as high as the line we crossed some time ago. In theory I do believe humans could poison the atmosphere to the extent that many species other than man would be affected.

Typical Tyson factoid - it's wrong.
http://www.agriculturejournals.cz/publicFiles/51351.pdf
 

Interesting.

In another lifetime I taught Aviation Meteorology.

I remember comparing the earth's atmosphere to the skin of an apple.

To be fair, it was to counter gross misrepresentations such as this:

main-qimg-4a53a62830bb82d3c23757781ee6afa7-c
 
Do you agree with it?

That a Republican said that Kellyanne only worked on Trump's campaign for the money and didn't like him. Yeah, I believe that he absolutely reported that given that he did. Did it actually happen, yeah, probably. She is the type of person that will spew lies for someone she hates for money.
 
That a Republican said that Kellyanne only worked on Trump's campaign for the money and didn't like him. Yeah, I believe that he absolutely reported that given that he did. Did it actually happen, yeah, probably. She is the type of person that will spew lies for someone she hates for money.

Is this your take also Argumemnon
 
Thanks for the link but it has no probative value as it compares apple skins to apple skins, not apple skins to apples. I've worked out that the earth's radius is 6.361 x 106 meters. I started to do the math, lost patience with the conversions and Googled *neil degrasse tyson wrong atmosphere apple*. I found several instances of him being wrong, or being called wrong, but none of them involved his claims about the thickness of the atmosphere/earth relative to the thickness of the peel/apple.

The peels are measured in microns which is 1 x 10-6 of a meter. What do you figure the radius of an apple is? And "atmosphere" isn't all that clear either. Technically it goes for 300 miles but most of it is in the first 10 miles. There's a point where it doesn't effectively matter. I thought Tyson put that at 60 miles.

Maybe I can work this out later, gotta walk the dog now. Interesting link.
 
Last edited:
And several of the rest of you would do well to recall Bundy and his ranch, then his boy out here in Oregon.

If Trump is taken down, even just legally removed, I 100% fully expect one or two violent incidents from the anti-Gov't Prepper Brigade.

Count on it.
 
Sorry to inform you, but that's exactly what a guest on FOX was saying today. He was saying that if we need an independent investigation looking into Trump's actions with Russia and Comey, then one needs to look at Comey's findings on Hillary.

I don't buy the if-then relationship there, but I wouldn't be against Comey's findings on Hillary being rechecked.
 
Got word that Trump revealed classified information to the Russians. Save America: Dump. Dumb Trump!!

I can understand your enthusiasm but it's really not necessary, in this forum, to keep repeating this line. I'd suggest, if you are intent on the slogan, posting it on facebook or twitter for broader effect. Here, it's becoming spam-like and doesn't add to any of the conversations.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom