• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
I get the feeling that Trump really doesn't get the difference between president and CEO.

When you are a CEO, you can fire people when you want, and all of the remaining cronies will congratulate you for your decisiveness, and the fired person pretty much goes away and never bothers you again.

It doesn't work like that as president. Your cronies on the White House staff might do that, but the rest of the country, including a lot of powerful people who hate you, will be very happy to examine your actions in minute detail to see whether or not you did the right thing, and then will be happy to tell the whole world, literally, their opinion on the subject.

Plus Trump was the CEO of a company that he is the sole owner of. So it was basically a dictatorship. He wishes he could run the US the same way.
 
So you admit the president is a lying troll piece of ****. Interesting.
Hostile much? I didn't say he was a "piece of ****". All, or nearly all, politicians lie. I haven't really thought about whether Trump lies more of less. I guess he lies more, but the vast majority of his lies are different. Most of them are trivial and in and of themselves pointless "blah is the biggest/best/worst/most incredible X that ever Xed". "I did this because X advised me" .... 2 minutes later ... "It was all my own idea".
 
White House admits Comey was fired to bring Russia investigation to an end.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/11/...tion-russia-sarah-huckabee-sanders/index.html

Idiots.

That's just priceless. The reporters don't even have to muck rake anymore. Just keep the press secretary talking and soon enough they deliver the muck wrapped in a bow.

As for the FBI raids,

The firms is called Strategic Campaign Group and it bills itself as a Republican campaign–winning operation that has “helped Republican candidates run for office at every level.” The Washington Post spoke to the firm’s president, Kelley Rogers, and he said agents collected documents related to its direct-mail and fundraising operations.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/fbi-raids-gop-consulting-firm-setting-off-alarms-online.html

Oh well...
 
Hostile much? I didn't say he was a "piece of ****". All, or nearly all, politicians lie. I haven't really thought about whether Trump lies more of less. I guess he lies more, but the vast majority of his lies are different. Most of them are trivial and in and of themselves pointless "blah is the biggest/best/worst/most incredible X that ever Xed". "I did this because X advised me" .... 2 minutes later ... "It was all my own idea".

He lies about everything. He is by far the biggest liar to ever be president.
 
Hostile much? I didn't say he was a "piece of ****". All, or nearly all, politicians lie. I haven't really thought about whether Trump lies more of less. I guess he lies more, but the vast majority of his lies are different. Most of them are trivial and in and of themselves pointless "blah is the biggest/best/worst/most incredible X that ever Xed". "I did this because X advised me" .... 2 minutes later ... "It was all my own idea".

Right, it's the combination of huge lies with perpetual, inexplicable, minor lies - like, "I came up with the economic concept of a primed pump" - that make him by far the biggest liar in American political history.

Someone may have lied bigger, but no one lies more and more bizarrely.
 
His communications strategy is trolling. What he says doesn't generally matter as much as the reaction. The worst thing for him world be if the Democrats calmed down, rolled their eyes and didn't rise to the bait. It would suck the air out of him.

Who cares what it does to Trump? The attention Trump so so deeply craves is a double edged sword.
 
Who cares what it does to Trump? The attention Trump so so deeply craves is a double edged sword.

And really what he seeks is positive attention. But he has mostly received negative. He probably thought that once he became president that everyone would worship him.
 
Hostile much? I didn't say he was a "piece of ****". All, or nearly all, politicians lie. I haven't really thought about whether Trump lies more of less. I guess he lies more, but the vast majority of his lies are different. Most of them are trivial and in and of themselves pointless "blah is the biggest/best/worst/most incredible X that ever Xed". "I did this because X advised me" .... 2 minutes later ... "It was all my own idea".

The understatement of the century.

Trivial lies? Like I'll release my taxes? That no one will lose their healthcare? That Trump care will cover preexisting conditions. That a ban on Muslims is not a ban on Muslims? That I'll divest my investments if I'm elected? That Obama wasn't born in the US. That Obama is a Muslim. That I personally select instructors for Trump University. That I never declared bankruptcy.

Those lies? I'm sure there are many others that the rest of us don't consider trivial.
 
And really what he seeks is positive attention. But he has mostly received negative. He probably thought that once he became president that everyone would worship him.

I think he would prefer that. But he seems to prefer negative attention over none or little.
 
He lies about everything. He is by far the biggest liar to ever be president.
If the metric you use is a count of the trivial, self contradictory and impossible statements he's made, then that is certainly the case. You are talking about a country where hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in wars based on Presidential lies (or at least being economical with the actualité). It seems to me that the second form of liar is the more worrying form.
 
If the metric you use is a count of the trivial, self contradictory and impossible statements he's made, then that is certainly the case. You are talking about a country where hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in wars based on Presidential lies (or at least being economical with the actualité). It seems to me that the second form of liar is the more worrying form.

So as long as he doesn't start a war and get people killed it's nothing to worry about?
 
If the metric you use is a count of the trivial, self contradictory and impossible statements he's made, then that is certainly the case. You are talking about a country where hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in wars based on Presidential lies (or at least being economical with the actualité). It seems to me that the second form of liar is the more worrying form.

It's been 3 1/2 months. Let's hope he never has an opportunity to lie as grandly as, say, "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
 
If the metric you use is a count of the trivial, self contradictory and impossible statements he's made, then that is certainly the case. You are talking about a country where hundreds of thousands of people have been killed in wars based on Presidential lies (or at least being economical with the actualité). It seems to me that the second form of liar is the more worrying form.

Trump promised that he was going to improve the US healthcare system - cover everyone even. Huge shocker that turned out to be yet another lie. The bill he pushed in the House would wreck it and kill many thousands of Americans. All so rich people can get a tax cut and Trump can get a "win".

And it has only been a few months. He has plenty of time to lie the country into a war.
 
Last edited:
Right, it's the combination of huge lies with perpetual, inexplicable, minor lies - like, "I came up with the economic concept of a primed pump" - that make him by far the biggest liar in American political history.

Someone may have lied bigger, but no one lies more and more bizarrely.

From a different thread but which illustrates your poin.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...onomics-to-the-economist-hilarity-ensues.html

Second, Trump did not invent the phrase “prime the pump.” It has been around since at least the 1930s and is extremely familiar to economists. Nor does it describe his plan. Priming the pump refers to a program of temporary fiscal stimulus to inject demand into an economy stuck with high unemployment. Trump is instead proposing to permanently increase the deficit in an economy with low unemployment. Telling The Economist you invented the phrase “priming the pump,” to describe a plan that does not prime the pump, is a bit like sitting down with Car and Driver, pointing to the steering wheel on your car and asking if they have ever heard of a little word you just came up with called “hubcap.”
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom