• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Did Trump really notify Comey that he was fired via Twitter? Or do I misunderstand?

I read that Trump had an aid bring the letter to Comey's office, but that Comey found out during a meeting by watching it on tv and thought it was a joke/mistake.
 
Last edited:
Correct.

I am hoping for more missiles, preferably nuclear. It will be beautiful!

Firing Comey hasn't done the job, it's just put the spotlight on Trump even more. He needs something big to deflect attention away from himself. I predict a war (always a good way to rally the people around you) or a major 'terrorist' attack on US soil...

Nah, he'll just do something outrageous that the rest of us wouldn't expect out of normal human being. Trump is a lying POS. But he's a master at distraction. I doubt he needs to actually kill people.
 
Did Trump really notify Comey that he was fired via Twitter? Or do I misunderstand?

Not really. The termination letter was delivered to Comey's staff, he wasn't available.

Trump released the information to the public via Twitter, and Comey first learned about it from the news, as his (ex-)staff hadn't contacted him yet.

Trump couldn't even fire somebody right.
 
Did Trump really notify Comey that he was fired via Twitter? Or do I misunderstand?

Comey found out about his being fired via the Twitter message that Trump sent out.

Comey was busy in California at the time on a FBI recruiting tour and just after his presentation, one of the Comey aides showed him the Tweet in question.
 
Well, your country does seem to be becoming mostly ass, so.....

I have to defend my country...but not logger. On behalf of my fellow citizens, we apologize for people like logger. We're not all like him.
 
Nah, he'll just do something outrageous that the rest of us wouldn't expect out of normal human being. Trump is a lying POS. But he's a master at distraction. I doubt he needs to actually kill people.

Not yet, but there's 44 more months to go, and the Russians play hardball.
 
Comey found out about his being fired via the Twitter message that Trump sent out.

Comey was busy in California at the time on a FBI recruiting tour and just after his presentation, one of the Comey aides showed him the Tweet in question.

Wow! I always knew that Trump was a POS. But every day he proves that I put the bar too high.
 
Did Trump really notify Comey that he was fired via Twitter? Or do I misunderstand?

No. Trump's bodyguard hand carried Trump's letter to Comey's office. But Comey wasn't there and found out about it while giving a speech to LA FBI employees.
 
I scanned the thread, but don't see any mention of Guliani. Has anybody brought up the NYC FBI branch stuff?

Basically, the paper trail shows that Guliani and the NYC FBI branch were very pushy about the Clinton email investigation, to the point where Comey's October surprise may have been based on intentionally misinforming him about the new email content leading to a reopening of the investigation.

I'm asking this as Guliani is sitting in his new luxury digs in Trump International Hotel.

With this in mind, I'm betting that Comey's replacement will likely come from the NY branch.

Guliani is an unlikely choice for FBI director, because he would have to take the fifth on any questions about the Clinton email stuff, or implicate himself in a conspiracy to influence the election. Both would compromise the White House's stated reason for Comey's firing: to restore confidence in the FBI director's objectivity.
 
No. Trump's bodyguard hand carried Trump's letter to Comey's office. But Comey wasn't there and found out about it while giving a speech to LA FBI employees.

The point is that he didn't wait for the lettered to be delivered before he tweeted it.
 
Trump is such an ingrate. The Russians help him win the election and he bombs their buddy Assad. Comey helps him win and he fires him. Seems if you helped Trump get to the White House he's going to turn on you sooner or later, if I were a trump voter I'd be getting scared now...
 
Trump is such an ingrate. The Russians help him win the election and he bombs their buddy Assad. Comey helps him win and he fires him. Seems if you helped Trump get to the White House he's going to turn on you sooner or later, if I were a trump voter I'd be getting scared now...
Did you forget about AHCA?
 
I have to defend my country...but not logger. On behalf of my fellow citizens, we apologize for people like logger. We're not all like him.

And that contingent seems to be dwindling rapidly:

American voters, who gave President Donald Trump a slight approval bump after the missile strike in Syria, today give him a near-record negative 36 - 58 percent job approval rating, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. Critical are big losses among white voters with no college degree, white men and independent voters.
 
I scanned the thread, but don't see any mention of Guliani. Has anybody brought up the NYC FBI branch stuff?

Basically, the paper trail shows that Guliani and the NYC FBI branch were very pushy about the Clinton email investigation, to the point where Comey's October surprise may have been based on intentionally misinforming him about the new email content leading to a reopening of the investigation.

I'm asking this as Guliani is sitting in his new luxury digs in Trump International Hotel.

With this in mind, I'm betting that Comey's replacement will likely come from the NY branch.

Guliani is an unlikely choice for FBI director, because he would have to take the fifth on any questions about the Clinton email stuff, or implicate himself in a conspiracy to influence the election. Both would compromise the White House's stated reason for Comey's firing: to restore confidence in the FBI director's objectivity.

This is an important part of it. Rumor is that Guliani is going to be offered Comey's position. Denying it now, but reports say that's been pushed in the White House.

Talk about ********** up, if that happens.
 
Guliani is an unlikely choice for FBI director, because he would have to take the fifth on any questions about the Clinton email stuff, or implicate himself in a conspiracy to influence the election. Both would compromise the White House's stated reason for Comey's firing: to restore confidence in the FBI director's objectivity.
Correction... Guliani is an unlikely choice for a rational, non-scumbag president. Given the rather incredible level of hypocrisy, deceit and incompetence coming from the Trump administration, and the rather questionable individuals Trump has appointed so far, Trump would have no problem appointing Guliani.

Hey, Trump appointees are currently lying about the Comery firing (about him asking for resources to help investigations into Trump). Why would any Trump appointee have an issue lying about anything?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom