• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
So let me get this straight...

Flores, who is part of the Trump administration, and who has worked closely with Sessions (who earlier had recused himself from the Russian investigation), is someone you think can be trusted to give an honest accounting of a meeting she probably wasn't even at?

Do you notice a pattern here? Those who are saying that Comey asked for more resources include a wide range of people. The people who are claiming that it was a "lie" that Comey asked for more money are all involved with Trump in some way.
I think a lot of that is being amplified by Breitbart.
 
Trump is an idiot.

Sure, you will inevitably accuse me of being a leftist, whatever that is, and disregarding that I am center right, not american, nor living in america, nor really caring that you are bent on driving the US to be a third world country because you want it so.

If some people really want the US to be that level of medieval nonsense, there is not much I can do but observe that primitive mindset.

Whatever country you're from, I can promise it is but a pimple on our ass!
 
They hate Democrats even more, it seems.
You don't understand. Democrats are the red menace.


skyeagle409 said:
The plot thickens.
FBI chief sought more funds for Russia probe... the New York Times reported
Just to clarify, it is a fact* that the NYT reported this. But as to whether it actually happened we don't know.

* or is it? Perhaps their website was hacked, or the entire Internet has been taken over by the Russians, or we are all in the Matrix and nothing is real!
 
:eye-poppi

So folks, that just happened.

I am using facts to accurately describe the present dispute, and I get accused of creating a false impression by a 'skeptic" who already concluded that one side told a "pathetically obvious, self-serving lie."

Given the hundreds of proven lies told by the Usurper and his minions, I'm making the safe call on their claim.
 
face palm.

I know because the Congress people who talked to the times were not at the meeting.

Learn what hearsay is.

Blown away by how obtuse people are.

Really, i am just laying out the facts of what the two sides of the dispute are, and people cannot understand something so simple.

Good luck, y'all, you really need it.

So, they weren't at the meeting? You think that means that one of Comey's aides or someone in the White House didn't talk? This isn't a court of law. This is politics and DC where very little is kept secret. If Comey was looking for more money for his investigation do you honestly think his request was private?

Get serious.

Now it is possible that these people don't know what happened at that meeting but to dismiss it out of hand is absurd.
 
No, I meant what I said. The DC regime is not a legitimate government. It does not have a provably clean claim to power.

I think it's very unlikely that the Russian hack had a significant impact in the election. Regardless, the people who voted did so of their own will, and that's the way the system works. Ergo, Trump is a legitimate, but stupid, president.
 
I think it's very unlikely that the Russian hack had a significant impact in the election. Regardless, the people who voted did so of their own will, and that's the way the system works. Ergo, Trump is a legitimate, but stupid, president.

If their "own free will" is based on lies and deception then it isn't how they would have voted absent those lies and deception. It's the same as if their votes were flipped by the machine (which may also have happened).

And it's not one hack, but multiple hacks that fall into the suspect category.
 
I see that the White House is now claiming the Trump considered firing Comey from Day 1. Just the perfect answer to people asking if Trump was so upset, why didn't he pull the trigger on Jan. 20th, isn't it? And just a day late too.

Escalator wit, indeed.
 
So, they weren't at the meeting? You think that means that one of Comey's aides or someone in the White House didn't talk? This isn't a court of law. This is politics and DC where very little is kept secret. If Comey was looking for more money for his investigation do you honestly think his request was private?

Get serious.

Now it is possible that these people don't know what happened at that meeting but to dismiss it out of hand is absurd.

I have dismissed nothing. Comey met with his supervisor.

Comey told congress that he asked for more money at the meeting.

The supervisor through the doj spox denies that Comey asked for more money

Those are the facts.

Do not know why that smiley is there.
 
Last edited:
But back to the topic at hand...
Comey's firing had nothing to do with Clinton and everything to do with freaking out about the FBI Trump-Russia investigation.
Clearly. Any yet, upthread there sits an accusation that for us to reach this provisional conclusion is on par with 911 truth and birtherism. <through the looking glass moment> Go figure.
 
You don't understand. Democrats are the red menace.

Democrats are bigger socialists than Russians.

All kidding aside, Trump's decision to fire Comey testifies to an irrational impulsiveness. In the end, I hope he continues to fire people rather than missiles.
 
Your point is, the DOJ is not disputing that Mr. Comey asked for more money, they are saying he did not ask for it.

I think that you have it right.

As far as I can tell, 'The Big Dog' believes that Comey was fired before he could make a formal request to the Department of Justice for more funds to pay for the Russian hacking investigation; but Comey did have some informal discussions about increasing the funding.

Therefore, it appears that Trump may have heard that Comey was about to formally request more funding but Trump fired Comey before he had a chance to make such a request. Which may explain why Trump issued the firing notice via Twitter as oppposed to contacting Comey directly, and issuing the firing notice while Comey was busy in California and when Trump was busy stomping around the White House.

If this is indeed the case, then Trump may be in some serious trouble before too very long.
 
face palm.

I know because the Congress people who talked to the times were not at the meeting.

Learn what hearsay is.

Blown away by how obtuse people are.

Really, i am just laying out the facts of what the two sides of the dispute are, and people cannot understand something so simple.

I have dismissed nothing. Comey met with his supervisor.

Comey told congress that he asked for more money at the meeting.

The supervisor through the doj spox denies that Comey asked for more money

Those are the facts.

Do not know why that smiley is there.

Let's be logical about this. Do you think Comey decided that he needed more money on a whim? Or did the people who were running the investigation say 'hey boss, there are a lot of leads to follow and to do the job right we need more resources?' And someone in his position has a staff and don't you think his staff prepares him for a meeting with the President? And don't you think that staff communicates with Congressional staffers? Someone like the FBI director probably has a schedule where many aspects of that schedule is shared.

As I said before. I don't know if the people who said that Comey asked for additional resources actually know this but I have no problem at all believing that they could have.
 
Democrats are bigger socialists than Russians.
Correct.

All kidding aside, Trump's decision to fire Comey testifies to an irrational impulsiveness. In the end, I hope he continues to fire people rather than missiles.
I am hoping for more missiles, preferably nuclear. It will be beautiful!

Firing Comey hasn't done the job, it's just put the spotlight on Trump even more. He needs something big to deflect attention away from himself. I predict a war (always a good way to rally the people around you) or a major 'terrorist' attack on US soil...
 
I think that you have it right.

As far as I can tell, 'The Big Dog' believes that Comey was fired before he could make a formal request to the Department of Justice for more funds to pay for the Russian hacking investigation; but Comey did have some informal discussions about increasing the funding.

Therefore, it appears that Trump may have heard that Comey was about to formally request more funding but Trump fired Comey before he had a chance to make such a request. Which may explain why Trump issued the firing notice via Twitter as oppposed to contacting Comey directly, and issuing the firing notice while Comey was busy in California and when Trump was busy stomping around the White House.

If this is indeed the case, then Trump may be in some serious trouble before too very long.

Did Trump really notify Comey that he was fired via Twitter? Or do I misunderstand?
 
Let's be logical about this. Do you think Comey decided that he needed more money on a whim? Or did the people who were running the investigation say 'hey boss, there are a lot of leads to follow and to do the job right we need more resources?' And someone in his position has a staff and don't you think his staff prepares him for a meeting with the President? And don't you think that staff communicates with Congressional staffers? Someone like the FBI director probably has a schedule where many aspects of that schedule is shared.

As I said before. I don't know if the people who said that Comey asked for additional resources actually know this but I have no problem at all believing that they could have.

Whenever I ask my boss for more money, I have to make 'a business case' which can take a few days and staff of the relevant subject matter experts to prepare.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom