• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Socialists? They're barely liberals. Do you even know what true socialism looks like?


Have you ever seen the documentary about Conservative reactions to the 2008 Presidential campaign "Right America: Feeling Wronged – Some Voices from the Campaign Trail"? There's a scene in it that apparently made enough of an impression that it was posted on Youtube by itself. I can't access Youtube from this computer, or I would link to it.

A young man is shown wearing a t-shirt with hand-written text that accuses then-Senator Obama's policies of being Socialism (misspelled). The filmmaker asks him to define Socialism. He initially attempts to look it up on his phone, but he's pressed to simply explain it in his own words. He eventually comes up with "It's basically the policies of Hitler. It's at the midpoint between Communism and something else that I can't remember right now."
 
Current Fed policy is more of a Reagan thing. Trump has been pretty vocal about wanting to change it though; Apparently Reagan was too much of a leftist for him and his supporters. Trump is also intent on killing off the EPA because it was originally established by noted Communist Richard Nixon.

Why else did he go to china after all. Way to liberal for most democrats now.
 
Have you ever seen the documentary about Conservative reactions to the 2008 Presidential campaign "Right America: Feeling Wronged – Some Voices from the Campaign Trail"? There's a scene in it that apparently made enough of an impression that it was posted on Youtube by itself. I can't access Youtube from this computer, or I would link to it.

A young man is shown wearing a t-shirt with hand-written text that accuses then-Senator Obama's policies of being Socialism (misspelled). The filmmaker asks him to define Socialism. He initially attempts to look it up on his phone, but he's pressed to simply explain it in his own words. He eventually comes up with "It's basically the policies of Hitler. It's at the midpoint between Communism and something else that I can't remember right now."


Too late to edit. This is the clip.

 
Nobody knew!

And that's a forecast... we still have a year to find out what the actual results are.

Several industries are already seeing negative growth... tourism is down considerably, and they're referring to it as "The Trump Slump."
 
Tr

That's true, I remember clearly your position rejecting Trump's comments about torture and oil. I still had the impression you'd vote for him. I don't know you personally, so I don't know how much you'd stand on principle, but I've heard from pleeenty of Trump voters who said "I don't really like him, or the x and y things he says, but..."

Thank you.

I did get accused of being a Trump supporter on any point where I was criticizing Hillary. Nobody ever objected to my anti-torture, gangster-state oil-thief mentality comments on Trump.

When he did start making appointments, I caught the Goldman-Sachs wind and raised a red flag with that. More has come since, so maybe he is draining the swamp and filling it back in with fresh sewage.


Based on Trump's track history of staying true to any number of issues, it puzzles me that anyone would be surprised when the rug gets pulled.

I don't know what to think of him other than my top priority is Anti-War and unless you are Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich, you don't meet my standard.
 
Now we will see if this whole thing about the US constitution, checks and balances, actually works when there is a president who clearly only cares about himself.

A few GOP senators could enter the history books now, if they have the courage.
 
In a move that will certainly quiet the critics, Trump fired FBI director:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/james-comey-fbi-trump-white-out/index.html

Or so Trump believes, anyway. There are already questions whether this was because Comey was coming too close to the truth in investigating the Trump-Russia connection.

In the meantime Grand Jury issued subpoenas to associates of Flynn:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/grand-jury-fbi-russia/index.html

This is not an issue that will die down until either Trump comes clean or else is milked for all it's political worth. The sad part is it just drives the country apart further, many Trumpists believe he's a swell guy, being attacked by the evil DemocRATS and so on. The hysteric anti-Bushism is coming back to haunt the Democratic party, I think.

McHrozni
 
Watergate rerun.

NYTimes_Saturday_Night_Massacre_Front_Page.gif
 
logger, I'm shocked ... shocked, I tell you that you would cite Fox as a source. :rolleyes:

Whatever, possibly you can explain where the Whites (only) House says this is their "third wave of Federal judicial appointments." OK, I'll let the single nomination of Gorsuch count as the first wave, but what was the second wave?

ETA: I figured it out. The first wave was Rep refusal to consider ANY Obama nominee.
 
Last edited:
My opinion is the Dems never compromise, [...]

First of all, a president is bound by what he can get done. Take healthcare, that is what Obama could get done, certainly not what he wanted.

That's not even being consistent within a couple of paragraphs.

Obama (A democrat) compromised on his healthcare plan because that is what he could 'get done'. You just proved your own opinion is incorrect, in your own words.

Also for what it's worth here in the UK Obama would be a right wing politician, your opinion of what constitutes right wing and left wing politics appears to be about as skewed as your opinion that "Dems never compromise"
 
Difference between Trump and Nixon: then the other party controlled congress.

That and there was not the extent of the party over country feeling that there is now. The nixon investigation was truly bipartisan. That can't happen now.
 
I'm pretty confident that they won't do anything to rock the boat. It's not in their interest to do so.

I hope there are just enough principled Republicans (I hope not an oxymoron) to have a majority calling for an independent counsel.

Hope springs eternal, and all that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom