• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Trump Presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barack Obama advanced the following positions:

  • George H.W. Bush's tax policy.
  • Mitt Romney's health-care policy.
  • John McCain's climate-change policy.
  • George H.W. Bush's foreign policy.
  • Bill Clinton's spending policy.
  • Dwight Eisenhower's Federal Reserve policy.
  • George W. Bush's education policy.

When you say "moderate" you mean something far right. Offer some specifics, both in terms of policy and in terms of individuals who advocate those views.

:thumbsup:

great summary!
 
Define moderation. Pick any issue - immigration, health care, taxes... - and describe what a moderate position looks like.

Why, do you seriously not know? My opinion is the Dems never compromise, they aren't interested in it, they want to implement their leftists ideas. That is something I admire about them.


Barack Obama held the following positions:

  • George H.W. Bush's tax policy.
  • Mitt Romney's health-care policy.
  • John McCain's climate-change policy.
  • George H.W. Bush's foreign policy.
  • Bill Clinton's spending policy.
  • Dwight Eisenhower's Federal Reserve policy.
  • George W. Bush's education policy.

When you say "moderate" you mean something far right. Offer some specifics, both in terms of policy and in terms of individuals who advocate those views.
First of all, a president is bound by what he can get done. Take healthcare, that is what Obama could get done, certainly not what he wanted. Once again this is a chess game, even though I want something from the right, Dems coming to the middle would benefit them in many ways. It has nothing to do what I want, I'm giving you political strategy that you're obviously incapable of understanding.

Reading people while having political skill is pretty easy. The problem with your side is leftism is your religion, you're completely insulted anyone could disagree.
 
There was no game or strategy. The GOP bet on a plan that was contrary to 225 years of American governmental practice. There was no explicit rule against it, but it was a flagrant bit of obstructionism unprecedented in American history. It was ******, but it worked.

Whether you want to call it dirty or not, I don't care. You know as well as I that if it happened with the parties reversed your side would whine for a thousand years.

My side certainly would whine, I on the other hand would learn from it.
 
I remember a joke about the modern Republican definition of Liberal being "a politician slightly to the right of Ronald Reagan".

Reagan's own son certainly seems to think that his father wouldn't be welcome in today's GOP, and that their near-religious views of him are more creepy than anything else.
 
Are you seriously suggesting that Clinton and Obama were extremists?

Yes in many things, they're socialists. The predator in chief did Straddle certain issues, he was part of the Democrat Leadership Counsel which claimed to be moderate. But in other issues he could have been parroting Marx.
 
Why, do you seriously not know? My opinion is the Dems never compromise, they aren't interested in it, they want to implement their leftists ideas.

We know that it's your opinion, but like every opinion it can correspond to reality or it might not. Hence Trane's request.

So: what policies would you consider moderate?
 
Reagan's own son certainly seems to think that his father wouldn't be welcome in today's GOP, and that their near-religious views of him are more creepy than anything else.

See if you can understand this? Reagan accomplished what he could, his rhetoric was much more conservative than his policies.

Why do I have to teach leftists these simple political truths?
 
Yes in many things, they're socialists.

Socialists? They're barely liberals. Do you even know what true socialism looks like?

The predator in chief did Straddle certain issues, he was part of the Democrat Leadership Counsel which claimed to be moderate. But in other issues he could have been parroting Marx.

You're great at comedy, I'll give you that. Do you have the slightest idea what sort of stuff Marxists actually champion?

Come on, now. Stop trying to, as you earlier admitted, troll, and instead engage us in actual discussion about these issues.
 
See if you can understand this? Reagan accomplished what he could, his rhetoric was much more conservative than his policies.

Why do I have to teach leftists these simple political truths?

Well, I don't know -- why do you think I didn't know this already? And how do you think this counters what I said?

You seem to believe that your posts are much more insightful than they actually are.
 
We know that it's your opinion, but like every opinion it can correspond to reality or it might not. Hence Trane's request.

So: what policies would you consider moderate?


Strong military
Safety net
Environmental moderation, like allowing a simple pipeline.
 
Socialists? They're barely liberals. Do you even know what true socialism looks like?
Lordy!
Can you understand a politician can have some socialistic tendencies?


You're great at comedy, I'll give you that.
Well it's about damn time you admitted it!

Do you have the slightest idea what sort of stuff Marxists actually champion?
Single payer healthcare?
Come on, now. Stop trying to, as you earlier admitted, troll, and instead engage us in actual discussion about these issues.
Damn, it's so much fun though, besides I'm sure you guys already know what I'm going to post before I post it.
 
Define moderation. Pick any issue - immigration, health care, taxes... - and describe what a moderate position looks like.



Barack Obama advanced the following positions:

  • George H.W. Bush's tax policy.
  • Mitt Romney's health-care policy.
  • John McCain's climate-change policy.
  • George H.W. Bush's foreign policy.
  • Bill Clinton's spending policy.
  • Dwight Eisenhower's Federal Reserve policy.
  • George W. Bush's education policy.

When you say "moderate" you mean something far right. Offer some specifics, both in terms of policy and in terms of individuals who advocate those views.

Current Fed policy is more of a Reagan thing. Trump has been pretty vocal about wanting to change it though; Apparently Reagan was too much of a leftist for him and his supporters. Trump is also intent on killing off the EPA because it was originally established by noted Communist Richard Nixon.
 
Lordy!
Can you understand a politician can have some socialistic tendencies?

If that's the standard you want to use, ALL American politicians have socialist tendencies.

Well it's about damn time you admitted it!

However, don't give up your day job.

Single payer healthcare?

No. If you think SPH is "socialist" in the sense you use it, then you understand nothing about healthcare -- or socialism.

Damn, it's so much fun though

Perhaps to a teenager but I'd expect an adult to behave more... well, like an adult.

Because you think he's a RINO today?

Perhaps you lost track of the conversation but I was refering to Ron Reagan's opinion.
 
Why, do you seriously not know? My opinion is the Dems never compromise, they aren't interested in it, they want to implement their leftists ideas. That is something I admire about them.

1) That's a sad dodge to a pretty direct challenge. Just pick an issue and describe a substantive moderate position.
2) This is flatly wrong as a Democratic President advanced a health care bill conceived by the Heritage Foundation, proposed by Bob Dole, and enacted in Massachusetts by Mitt Romney.


First of all, a president is bound by what he can get done. Take healthcare, that is what Obama could get done, certainly not what he wanted. Once again this is a chess game, even though I want something from the right, Dems coming to the middle would benefit them in many ways. It has nothing to do what I want, I'm giving you political strategy that you're obviously incapable of understanding.

You have yet to describe the middle. Pick an issue, any issue, and describe to me the middle position that Democrats should adopt.

Reading people while having political skill is pretty easy. The problem with your side is leftism is your religion, you're completely insulted anyone could disagree.

Yawn.
 
My side certainly would whine, I on the other hand would learn from it.

There's nothing to learn: if you have power, use it regardless of history, tradition, and anything else. As long it's technically legal, do it and hope you don't get ********** at the polls.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom