Belz...
Fiend God
Define moderation. Pick any issue - immigration, health care, taxes... - and describe what a moderate position looks like.
Good luck with that question, man. Extremists don't know what moderation is.
Define moderation. Pick any issue - immigration, health care, taxes... - and describe what a moderate position looks like.
Barack Obama advanced the following positions:
- George H.W. Bush's tax policy.
- Mitt Romney's health-care policy.
- John McCain's climate-change policy.
- George H.W. Bush's foreign policy.
- Bill Clinton's spending policy.
- Dwight Eisenhower's Federal Reserve policy.
- George W. Bush's education policy.
When you say "moderate" you mean something far right. Offer some specifics, both in terms of policy and in terms of individuals who advocate those views.
Are you seriously suggesting that Clinton and Obama were extremists?
Define moderation. Pick any issue - immigration, health care, taxes... - and describe what a moderate position looks like.
First of all, a president is bound by what he can get done. Take healthcare, that is what Obama could get done, certainly not what he wanted. Once again this is a chess game, even though I want something from the right, Dems coming to the middle would benefit them in many ways. It has nothing to do what I want, I'm giving you political strategy that you're obviously incapable of understanding.Barack Obama held the following positions:
- George H.W. Bush's tax policy.
- Mitt Romney's health-care policy.
- John McCain's climate-change policy.
- George H.W. Bush's foreign policy.
- Bill Clinton's spending policy.
- Dwight Eisenhower's Federal Reserve policy.
- George W. Bush's education policy.
When you say "moderate" you mean something far right. Offer some specifics, both in terms of policy and in terms of individuals who advocate those views.
There was no game or strategy. The GOP bet on a plan that was contrary to 225 years of American governmental practice. There was no explicit rule against it, but it was a flagrant bit of obstructionism unprecedented in American history. It was ******, but it worked.
Whether you want to call it dirty or not, I don't care. You know as well as I that if it happened with the parties reversed your side would whine for a thousand years.
I remember a joke about the modern Republican definition of Liberal being "a politician slightly to the right of Ronald Reagan".
Are you seriously suggesting that Clinton and Obama were extremists?
Why, do you seriously not know? My opinion is the Dems never compromise, they aren't interested in it, they want to implement their leftists ideas.
Reagan's own son certainly seems to think that his father wouldn't be welcome in today's GOP, and that their near-religious views of him are more creepy than anything else.
Yes in many things, they're socialists.
The predator in chief did Straddle certain issues, he was part of the Democrat Leadership Counsel which claimed to be moderate. But in other issues he could have been parroting Marx.
See if you can understand this? Reagan accomplished what he could, his rhetoric was much more conservative than his policies.
Why do I have to teach leftists these simple political truths?
We know that it's your opinion, but like every opinion it can correspond to reality or it might not. Hence Trane's request.
So: what policies would you consider moderate?
Lordy!Socialists? They're barely liberals. Do you even know what true socialism looks like?
Well it's about damn time you admitted it!You're great at comedy, I'll give you that.
Single payer healthcare?Do you have the slightest idea what sort of stuff Marxists actually champion?
Damn, it's so much fun though, besides I'm sure you guys already know what I'm going to post before I post it.Come on, now. Stop trying to, as you earlier admitted, troll, and instead engage us in actual discussion about these issues.
Well, I don't know -- why do you think I didn't know this already? And how do you think this counters what I said?
.
Define moderation. Pick any issue - immigration, health care, taxes... - and describe what a moderate position looks like.
Barack Obama advanced the following positions:
- George H.W. Bush's tax policy.
- Mitt Romney's health-care policy.
- John McCain's climate-change policy.
- George H.W. Bush's foreign policy.
- Bill Clinton's spending policy.
- Dwight Eisenhower's Federal Reserve policy.
- George W. Bush's education policy.
When you say "moderate" you mean something far right. Offer some specifics, both in terms of policy and in terms of individuals who advocate those views.
Strong military
Safety net
Environmental moderation, like allowing a simple pipeline.
Lordy!
Can you understand a politician can have some socialistic tendencies?
Well it's about damn time you admitted it!
Single payer healthcare?
Damn, it's so much fun though
Because you think he's a RINO today?
Why, do you seriously not know? My opinion is the Dems never compromise, they aren't interested in it, they want to implement their leftists ideas. That is something I admire about them.
First of all, a president is bound by what he can get done. Take healthcare, that is what Obama could get done, certainly not what he wanted. Once again this is a chess game, even though I want something from the right, Dems coming to the middle would benefit them in many ways. It has nothing to do what I want, I'm giving you political strategy that you're obviously incapable of understanding.
Reading people while having political skill is pretty easy. The problem with your side is leftism is your religion, you're completely insulted anyone could disagree.
My side certainly would whine, I on the other hand would learn from it.
Yawn.