• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Proof of Immortality, V for Very long discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
- But, would my process be brought back to life?

Now you're just throwing random words together from the discussion and throwing them into the fray like a fleeing criminal throwing lawn furniture in the path of his pursuer. Stop and think. Read the responses. Compose a cogent response.
 
Argumemnon,
- How am I getting H wrong?

You honestly have to ask? Go back and look at everything I've written for the past four or five days. I've typed words to the effect "Not under H" or "That's not part of H" so many times I think I need to bind it to a function key on my computer.

Stop being so rude.
 
- But, the duplicate process would not be ME.


No, it would be a second process identical to YOU. Does it really need to be pointed out yet again that if you have two identical things there are two of them and they are identical?
 
Well, it would be a separate sense of self, is what I think he means. And for once he's right. But that, in and of itself, is why he dismisses it: he WANTS his sense of self to be special.

Wants and NEEDS.
 
Dave and Sparrow,
- But, if I wouldn't be brought back to life by this "perfect" replica -- this perfect replica wouldn't be ME. It would be different in that sense, and
consequently untraceable. I am untraceable.

It would only be different in the way a copy of a Volkswagen is different from the original. The copy is still traceable.
 
I've already answered this a few minutes ago, jabba: the copy is identical to you but it isn't you. NO, you wouldn't be brought back to life because the original is destroyed, and your self is traceable ONLY to it.
- Consequently, this copy is not perfect, and we cannot specify the physics of ME -- unless we consider time and space...
 
- Consequently, this copy is not perfect, and we cannot specify the physics of ME -- unless we consider time and space...

which is still a physical consideration. And since the duplicate would insist that it too is ME, it's also irrelevant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom