jond
Illuminator
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2006
- Messages
- 3,440
- But, would my process be brought back to life?
The same process would be going on in the duplicate, therefore the duplicate would certainly think it is Jabba.
- But, would my process be brought back to life?
- Would I be brought back to life?
Argumemnon,Yeah but you keep saying things that aren't true.
Especially, you keep getting H wrong. That's not a flaw with H but with your understanding of it.
- Would I be brought back to life?
- But, would my process be brought back to life?
- But, the duplicate process would not be ME.The same process would be going on in the duplicate, therefore the duplicate would certainly think it is Jabba.
Argumemnon,
- How am I getting H wrong?
Argumemnon,
- How am I getting H wrong?
- But, the duplicate process would not be ME.
- But, the duplicate process would not be ME.
What, exactly, would be different about it?
I'd love to see Jabba try to argue his way out of a speeding ticket by saying his "going 90 mph" isn't the one the law was talking about.
- But, the duplicate process would not be ME.
- Would I be brought back to life?
What, exactly, would be different about it?
Well, it would be a separate sense of self, is what I think he means. And for once he's right. But that, in and of itself, is why he dismisses it: he WANTS his sense of self to be special.
Dave and Sparrow,
- But, if I wouldn't be brought back to life by this "perfect" replica -- this perfect replica wouldn't be ME. It would be different in that sense, and
consequently untraceable. I am untraceable.
- Consequently, this copy is not perfect, and we cannot specify the physics of ME -- unless we consider time and space...I've already answered this a few minutes ago, jabba: the copy is identical to you but it isn't you. NO, you wouldn't be brought back to life because the original is destroyed, and your self is traceable ONLY to it.
- But YOU and I are not traceable.It would only be different in the way a copy of a Volkswagen is different from the original. The copy is still traceable.
- Consequently, this copy is not perfect, and we cannot specify the physics of ME -- unless we consider time and space...