Belz...
Fiend God
Agreed, but he did have the best show on cable, no one could even come close.
And by "best", you mean "had better ratings", right?
Agreed, but he did have the best show on cable, no one could even come close.
He harassed some girls, which as far as I can tell seemed to consist of lewd comments and suggestions. In return, they are multi millionaires, set for life, it seems like more than fair compensation, it's not like he raped them a la Bill Cosby. It's all moot now of course, it seems the 400 million a year he was bringing in was not enough to buy any loyalty from Fox.
You're right, one shouldn't expect loyalty from a corporation. They might have gotten rich off the deal, but so did he.Are you expecting loyalty from a corporation?
A media corporation?
Owned by a conservative?
The advertisers were dropping off like fleas from a dying rat. That means no more bringing in millions. Whatever he brought in before was before. Ancient history.
He couldn't afford their loyalty anymore.
I believe you, but I would also appreciate links if you have some.Do you guys even look at the facts in these cases before you imagine your stereotypical versions of reality?
At least some of the women who won lawsuits proved they had successful careers that were derailed by O'Reilly when he failed to get them in his bed as a payoff.
In that, he was quite similar to one of the characters I do not like on MSNBC who constantly talks over or breaks into his guests during his show. I think his name is Ed - 6 or 7 o'clock Eastern.Anyone who actually watched the show knows that he was anything but a rabid Republican. He criticized Republicans almost (but not quite) as much as Democrats. He certainly had some bad habits, like talking over and cutting short guests, but this also was not limited to Democrats.
Has everyone forgotten the [paraphrasing] "I want to grab your tits in the shower" recorded phone call?
Bill O'Reilly Falafel Lawsuit Turns TenLinks in the link.
The reference to 'better than O'Reilly's book' is in reference to a cheesy porn novel he wrote that contained a lot of the same fantasies he discussed in the recorded phone calls.
What the hell are "masturbation lessons" anyway? Doesn't everybody already know how to do that?
I believe you, but I would also appreciate links if you have some.
As far as "you guys" , you lumped me in with the Republicans in the Hillary threads too, you seem immune to correction.
That is just not what happened which is why I said, "you imagine your stereotypical versions of reality".He harassed some girls, which as far as I can tell seemed to consist of lewd comments and suggestions. In return, they are multi millionaires, set for life,
The "made millions" part isn't in doubt, I believe it was $13 million for 5 women. In the most recent case, he was accused of asking a woman to show more cleavage. Ms. Greene also said that one time he said that rather than "break his bank" with her choice of restaurant (he lost a bet to her) he would rather she "break his back". Then there is the phone sex, and the case with Ms. Huddy where he kissed her on the lips. She claimed he tried to damage her career by doing things like surpising her on the air with questions they hadn't talked about, replacing her in one segment and cancelling another.I only go by what is in the post in front of me. There are more than a few people in the USA politics forums who claim they are not pro-Trump (not you) all the while spewing a constant stream of anti-Clinton trash. And there are a few Libertarians who play little games about who they support rather than just saying who it is.
Add that to my aging brain and I honestly don't know who a fair number of people support. So if I've put you in the wrong political category, it wasn't anything malicious.
That aside, let's get back to the sexist comment you made and the reply I posted:
That is just not what happened which is why I said, "you imagine your stereotypical versions of reality".
It's appalling to me when people dismiss these sexist aggression in the workplace as no more than a few lewd comments.
That's like saying, why should that black man make a big deal of being called, 'boy'.
You don't get a million dollar settlement in court because someone made a lewd comment to you at work.
And what, I should provide links to refute your false assertions? No, you should provide links supporting your assertion these women made millions off of minor trespasses against them.
What the hell are "masturbation lessons" anyway? Doesn't everybody already know how to do that?
Bill O appears to be an expert at it. With little opportunity otherwise except groping!!!!!But then perhaps he enjoys groping himself even more than groping others - but wants to keep his hand in!!!!!!!




This was the part of the sentence I expected you to address: "off of minor trespasses against them."The "made millions" part isn't in doubt, I believe it was $13 million for 5 women. In the most recent case, he was accused of asking a woman to show more cleavage. Ms. Greene also said that one time he said that rather than "break his bank" with her choice of restaurant (he lost a bet to her) he would rather she "break his back". Then there is the phone sex, and the case with Ms. Huddy where he kissed her on the lips. She claimed he tried to damage her career by doing things like surpising her on the air with questions they hadn't talked about, replacing her in one segment and cancelling another.
Certainly he is guilty of harassment, but the big settlements were more about preventing a scandal like this one rather than compensating for some Bill Cosby type rape events. As far as I know. I'm open to correction, which is why I asked you for examples of the career damaging. I did google up this last example, but I'm not interested enough to spend a lot of time looking into it.
Millions were paid (13 million evidently) to protect O'reily from scandal which would endanger $400 million per year in ad revenue for Fox.This was the part of the sentence I expected you to address: "off of minor trespasses against them."
And you didn't address that, except to dismiss without evidence career damage.
You also buy the assertion the payouts were to protect O'Reilly from scandal. According to Lisa Bloom, you don't see million dollar payouts to make trivial scandals go away. You might see a couple hundred thousand, but not in the millions unless the defendants (Fox and O'Reilly) know there are serious allegations that are likely to be proved.
As for damaged careers not being worth much, O'Reilly just got a 25 million dollar severance payout. You think the women in question were just little peons not also earning big bucks?
You might want to reconsider your personal view that sexual harassment is trivial, exaggerated, a snowflake issue, and consider that just maybe million dollar payouts are made for actual cause. Your confirmation bias is leading you to make assumptions not supported by the facts.
Just out of curiosity, do you think it was trivial that Trump admitted walking into the Miss Universe dressing rooms anytime he wanted to because he owned the organization?
fuelair said:Bill O appears to be an expert at it. With little opportunity otherwise except groping!!!!!But then perhaps he enjoys groping himself even more than groping others - but wants to keep his hand in!!!!!!!![]()
Nor stupid, but clearly sexist by today's standards. He is 67, so it shouldn't be a surprise that his attitudes are a bit anachronistic.How do you know how good at masturbation Bill O'Reilly is? And why would you write that comment and then "thumbs up" your own post?
Geez.
I do think once you make big bucks you become a target. That said, once you are a target you need to be extra cautious with what you say and do, because you have a bulls eye on your back. This many complaints over this long of a time period are not solely because he is a wealthy target. Clearly he has a problem. Bill is obviously quite stupid when all is said and done.
Tucker Carlson is unwatchable though.
Where is your evidence for this unsupported assertion?...
As for the women, the $13 million was not commiserate with their value, sorry.
Bull ******...Men in dressing rooms in events like the Miss Universe or Miss America pageants is actually common, the nudity taboo is more of an American thing.
Trump owned the Miss Teen USA pageant along with Miss USA and Miss Universe from 1996 until last year. In a recording from The Howard Stern Show that was released Saturday by CNN, Trump publicly bragged about going backstage to see contestants while “everyone’s getting dressed.”
“No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said in 2005. “‘Is everyone OK?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible-looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”
But he appeared to be talking about adult contestants. Until BuzzFeed News’ report Wednesday morning, it had never been alleged that he did this with teenage contestants.
Another woman, former Miss Vermont Teen USA Mariah Billado, told BuzzFeed News that when Trump walked in, she recalled “putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here.’” According to Billado, Trump said something like, “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.”
$13 million is too much for the offenses involved. The reason the numbers were so high is because Fox was trying to protect $400 million a year in ad revenue by keeping everyone quiet. They were all settlements, the idea was to keep the cases out of court . This is my opinion, I don't think it's anything that can be proved, at least not by me.Where is your evidence for this unsupported assertion?
[sidetrack]Bull ******
It was also at the Miss Teen USA contest.
A Fifth Teen Beauty Queen Says Trump Visited Dressing Room
I don't care what cultural norms are wherever you are from. This was not normal or common or acceptable.
A Timeline of Donald Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe [/sidetrack]