• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bill O'Reilly: sexual harassment claims

If only this had happened a year ago. We would be living in a very different political world today.
Extremely doubtful. Even here in this thread there's been expression of at least some tacit approval of O'Reilly's behavior, and he's just a TV talking head who's not running for anything [yet].

There will be no raising of consciousness from this. Those who would have found excuses for O'Reilly a month ago will find similar excuses for someone else a year from now.
 
Extremely doubtful. Even here in this thread there's been expression of at least some tacit approval of O'Reilly's behavior, and he's just a TV talking head who's not running for anything [yet].

There will be no raising of consciousness from this. Those who would have found excuses for O'Reilly a month ago will find similar excuses for someone else a year from now.

Oh, absolutely. He's a victim of Feminazism, y'see. A badge of honour, this is.
 
But rather the lenient end of fuelair's full range of desired punishments for people he disagrees with. Taken in that light it seems more reasonable.

Generally and in all fairness, it is not people I disagree with (stop). It is people who I feel are actively working to harm others - particularly others who are not doing them harm (especially children and moreso small children). There are many people I like just fine though I disagree with them on any number of things.

But, between the bible (and several related ) and the actual Bros. Grimm stories I liked the ideas of fast painful and life changing punishment for the bad
people - those who wished to cause pain and death for innocents because they enjoyed doing such. I see it as earned revenge when it goes the direction I support.
 
I'm sad. It's not that I agreed with his views, I usually didn't. It's that his show was so entertaining. He's a horndog, presumably getting too old to practice, the girls are now millionaires, that should be enough.

No way I will waste my time watching Tucker Carlson.

I seem to remember liking, though rarely agreeing with, him most of the time back before he became the screaming pro-Iraq War guy and the general complete meltdown of the GOP's ideas. He at knew *how* to host a show, and was pretty intelligent. Probably would have given up when he told Marc Lamont Hill that he looked like a crack dealer, though.

But at this point, the place has been dimwits, frat boys, and Shep Smith for a while now.
 
Could you expand on the highlighted? I'm genuinely curious what you mean here.
He harassed some girls, which as far as I can tell seemed to consist of lewd comments and suggestions. In return, they are multi millionaires, set for life, it seems like more than fair compensation, it's not like he raped them a la Bill Cosby. It's all moot now of course, it seems the 400 million a year he was bringing in was not enough to buy any loyalty from Fox.
 
I seem to remember liking, though rarely agreeing with, him most of the time back before he became the screaming pro-Iraq War guy and the general complete meltdown of the GOP's ideas. He at knew *how* to host a show, and was pretty intelligent. Probably would have given up when he told Marc Lamont Hill that he looked like a crack dealer, though.

But at this point, the place has been dimwits, frat boys, and Shep Smith for a while now.
Anyone who actually watched the show knows that he was anything but a rabid Republican. He criticized Republicans almost (but not quite) as much as Democrats. He certainly had some bad habits, like talking over and cutting short guests, but this also was not limited to Democrats.
 
I'd never been a watcher of Inside Edition so the clips I just saw on the Daily Show were pretty shocking.

This was '90 so Bill couldn't have been that big of a name (hell, Inside Edition... 'nuff said)... so it was ridiculous to see him do an F-bomb laden meltdown during an ad break. Then slip right back into pretentious blowhard when they came back on air.

What a freakin' Diva. :rolleyes:

And if that temper was the norm in the office... how the hell was it tolerated this long?
Once you've seen, "We'll do it live!" you can't unsee it. :p
 
Could you expand on the highlighted? I'm genuinely curious what you mean here.

Only a fraction of them even sued him. The attitude, accusations of sexual harassment must only be about the money, are prevalent among people who support the likes of O'Reilly and Trump.
 
He harassed some girls, which as far as I can tell seemed to consist of lewd comments and suggestions. In return, they are multi millionaires, set for life, it seems like more than fair compensation, it's not like he raped them a la Bill Cosby. It's all moot now of course, it seems the 400 million a year he was bringing in was not enough to buy any loyalty from Fox.
Do you guys even look at the facts in these cases before you imagine your stereotypical versions of reality?

At least some of the women who won lawsuits proved they had successful careers that were derailed by O'Reilly when he failed to get them in his bed as a payoff.
 
He harassed some girls, which as far as I can tell seemed to consist of lewd comments and suggestions. In return, they are multi millionaires, set for life, it seems like more than fair compensation, it's not like he raped them a la Bill Cosby. It's all moot now of course, it seems the 400 million a year he was bringing in was not enough to buy any loyalty from Fox.

Money always trumps (see what I did there)loyalty - and loss of advertising seems to also!!!
 
Anyone who actually watched the show knows that he was anything but a rabid Republican. He criticized Republicans almost (but not quite) as much as Democrats. He certainly had some bad habits, like talking over and cutting short guests, but this also was not limited to Democrats.
Agreed, but he did have the best show on cable, no one could even come close. That said he should be gone, he's a man without self control.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom