• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bill O'Reilly: sexual harassment claims

Because sponsors began dropping him.
I'm just glad none of them are getting a lot of play in the media (AFAIK - I suppose I could have just missed it) for being upstanding corporate citizens. After all, as has been noted repeatedly, O'Reilly's history of sexual harassment has been well known for years - years that sponsors should have spent not paying his huge salary.
 
The world awaits with bated breath: Does this also bring an end to his boycott of France?
 
So the big *********** liar is now out. With luck, he will be found sleeping with the little fishies!!!
 
Now I'm never gonna find out how them tides work.



ETA: Bet Jon Stewart prank called him already.
 
If memory serves, the contract was signed before the story became big time.

You mean, before this most recent story became big time. It's not like the guy doesn't have a history, what with falafels and loofahs and such.
 
Glenn Beck got fired from Fox and it's made him rich. I predict the same for Billo. The writing may have been on the wall for him as soon as Ailes was gone, because compared to Ailes, the Murdochs place a higher priority on profit relative to politics.

I'd almost forgotten the Falklands thing.

I agree. If O'Reilly doesn't retire he'll find a radio or online presence or write books or a combination.
 
I'm just not confident Fox will replace him with someone I will instinctively dislike. I want Batman to win, but I don't really want him to kill off Penguin. Batman needs Penguin. I need Billo.

Maybe they can hire Alex Jones.
Tucker Carlson is pretty unlikeable, IMO.
 
I've seen that headline a lot, and it trivializes her claims. She says that for the most part he wouldn't talk to her, only grunt in an imitation of animal sexual arousal or something.

Lisa Bloom gave more details on Lawrence O'Donnell tonight. Sounded like the sexual stuff you'd expect to hear in locker-room-like work places. Lot's of typical sexual ogling and comments.
 
Why is this a big deal, he has been a known sexual preditor for decades. Why do people care about that now when it wasn't a big deal in 2004?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7578-2004Oct28.html

Roger Ailes is no longer there, the Murdoch sons are exerting more power in the empire, there's some media acquisition deal in the UK where this could effect the outcome, and Lisa Bloom made a mission of it, threatening to keep it in the news with new accusations if O'Reilly wasn't out.
 
Tucker Carlson is pretty unlikeable, IMO.

I guess I'll give him a shot. It's just that Billo had that permanently constipated look of someone who was too good to be wasting his time teaching the ignorant masses. Gonna miss that. That "on my high horse" confidence paired with so much wrong.
 
Why is this a big deal, he has been a known sexual preditor for decades. Why do people care about that now when it wasn't a big deal in 2004?

Because sponsors began dropping him.

Exactly.

Cardinal Rule of Television. The advertisers are the customers. The viewers are just the product.

Once the advertisers began to get the sense that their money could be spent more profitably elsewhere, for whatever reason, O'Reilly's days were numbered.
 
So about that new contract O'Reilly signed with Fox...

The company also extended his contract this year. The contract did provide the company with some protections, including that Mr. O’Reilly could be dismissed if it was made aware of other allegations against him or if new ones arose, according to one person. The contract also included extra assurances meant to get Mr. O’Reilly to address his behavior, the person said. Mr. O’Reilly’s salary was estimated to be about $18 million.

In response to The Times’s investigation, Mr. O’Reilly and 21st Century Fox had said that no current or former Fox News employee had raised concerns about him through a company hotline. That changed on April 5 when Ms. Walsh, who had related complaints about Mr. O’Reilly to The Times, called the hotline to report her allegations.

The Murdochs then enlisted the law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison to investigate Mr. O’Reilly’s behavior. Since then, other complaints have been lodged, including one on Wednesday by a current Fox News contributor who said Mr. O’Reilly had made inappropriate comments to her, urging her to show more cleavage at work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html


I wonder if that means he gets no money? Or perhaps just less?
 
Did they publish the hotline number?

The other night I had his show on and bent over to retrieve the remote. I think he peeked at my butt!!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom