3point14
Pi
- Joined
- Nov 4, 2005
- Messages
- 23,209
That from Labour's in-house publication (yeah, I know). Does anyone still think that Labour can win a general election under Corbyn?
Not any more, no.
That from Labour's in-house publication (yeah, I know). Does anyone still think that Labour can win a general election under Corbyn?
The people of Stoke and Copeland, in common with all Brits, hate Blair and Mandleson so much that the mere mention of their names makes turning out to vote Labour less likely.
How often do you get a former Prime Minister and a former senior member of his cabinet campaigning against their own leader and their own party policy in the week of an election?
It's not like Blair and Mandleson are on TV or in the papers very often nowadays. They made a special effort to help secure this defeat.
...... it was the Blairites in the Labour party that led Labour out of power to a stunning defeat - that's the reason why Corbyn got the job in the first place.........
Anyone who lived through the 70s and 80s in Britain can't help but notice the parallels between Foot/ Thatcher and Corbyn/ May, with the major difference being that Foot could string together half a dozen words without stumbling.
Much as I hate the woman and always will, to compare May to Thatcher does immense disservice to Thatcher, I feel.
Allied with Miliband's ridiculous change to the leadership election rules which handed me a vote, which handed victory to the greatest loser in Labour's history since the last one.
I'm a Brit. Please don't presume to speak for me on what my opinion of Blair or Mandleson is. Most especially don't do so when the claim is factually wrong.The people of Stoke and Copeland, in common with all Brits, hate Blair and Mandleson so much that the mere mention of their names makes turning out to vote Labour less likely.
Sorry. I did think I shouldn't have said 'all Brits' when I wrote that - I wanted to say that with present day voters, when Blair and Mandleson speak it's more likely to reduce the Labour vote than increase it. But then I forgot and posted without editing.I'm a Brit. Please don't presume to speak for me on what my opinion of Blair or Mandleson is. Most especially don't do so when the claim is factually wrong.
That's an extra-ordinary re-writing of history. It was the Blairites who secured Labour's only ever 3 election victories in a row.
Sorry. I did think I shouldn't have said 'all Brits' when I wrote that - I wanted to say that with present day voters, when Blair and Mandleson speak it's more likely to reduce the Labour vote than increase it. But then I forgot and posted without editing.
Its pretty obvious labour couldn't have won in Copeland hearing the reasons people voted conservative.
Corbyn opposition to trident must means he wants to close Sellafield being the main, misguided one, but it gets better.
Corbyn wants to close the hospitals.
Now, normally you could put this down to hilariously stupid people but, hearing people on the Beeb repeatedly saying this makes me surprised ukip and their brainiacs didn't do better.
You can't fix stupid.
Its pretty obvious labour couldn't have won in Copeland hearing the reasons people voted conservative.
Corbyn opposition to trident must means he wants to close Sellafield being the main, misguided one, but it gets better.
Corbyn wants to close the hospitals.
Now, normally you could put this down to hilariously stupid people but, hearing people on the Beeb repeatedly saying this makes me surprised ukip and their brainiacs didn't do better.
You can't fix stupid.
Have any politicians, and the London media, got any wide and practical experience?