• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did that. It's called a bomb calorimetry test. Several these were done by different university professors who acted as validators. You can watch the video in the OP to see it being done yourself.

You've stuck your neck out so be prepared one year from now to very like have your head served on a *silver platter. To be sure we will remember your prediction and we will be relentless in mocking your belief in this boondoggle.

Why am I not surprised you also believe in the electric universe?

* Actually silver isn't appropriate. Perhaps lead, it's a dense metal.
 
You've stuck your neck out so be prepared one year from now to very like have your head served on a *silver platter. To be sure we will remember your prediction and we will be relentless in mocking your belief in this boondoggle.

Why am I not surprised you also believe in the electric universe?

* Actually silver isn't appropriate. Perhaps lead, it's a dense metal.

I'm not too concerned.

I think Mills will beat the timeline established by a fair margin actually.
 
Last edited:
Just what we need, a crap load of BMW 7 series revving their engines in neutral.

Mills said he's going to make the generator housings look like European sports cars so people can stick them in their driveways without anyone noticing.
 
Mills said he's going to make the generator housings look like European sports cars so people can stick them in their driveways without anyone noticing.

When I win the big lottery prize, I am going to buy meself one of them European sports cars. And a big house - one with columns and stuff. And a pool.
 
The whole idea of using it to power a light bulb that then generates electricity from photovoltaics reminds me a little of the Holman Horror. Which, of course, was another scam to part investors from their money that never had the faintest chance of working.

Dave

What the hell??? It's like disco platform shoes for a steam engine. Does anyone have a clue what the supposed benefit of a taller steam engine would be?
 
Mills said he's going to make the generator housings look like European sports cars so people can stick them in their driveways without anyone noticing.


You're kidding, right?

That was supposed to be a joke, right?

So people are supposed to lose a valuable parking space in order to plop down something thieves are pretty much guaranteed to try and steal and, discovering what it is, vandalize out of spite.

Were you joking or is Mills really that out of touch and moronic? The fact that he's planning to generate massive clouds of toxic gas makes it hard to tell if a dumb idea attributed to him is a joke or reality.
 
To summarize the thread so far:

If the company's claims are true this generator will:

Produce more waste heat than any other energy source on the planet by a few orders of magnitude.

Doesn't even extract energy from most the heat it generates, making it far LESS efficient than nuclear power.

Generates a massive quantity of a biohazard whose effects on living systems have not been studied, but has the potential to make Chernobyl look like uncle Bill dumping his auto oil in the sewer to save money.

Breaks down water into a contaminate that may restart and accelerate the decay of the ozone layer AND give global warming an additional boost.
This isn't an energy company, it's a frigging "Captain Planet" villain for Christ's sake.

Or it's just a scam like all other so-called "free energy" generators.
 
I've changed my mind. An inert, lighter than air gas is just what we need. We have to start replacing our depleted helium stores with something. Hydrinos are just the ticket.

Forget all this power generation nonsense, let's start manufacturing a helium replacement instead.

Naturally, we'll need some more stats - things like density, compressibility, behavior under different temperature and pressure conditions. Where can I email Dr. Mills for the data? I volunteer to take on this important, currently overlooked task to reveal the boon. Because I serve man. Kind. Kind of.

ETA: Also, because I know the players at IUPAC read this forum, I would like to suggest the name "Imperial gas" as a natural extension of noble gas.
 
Last edited:
What the hell??? It's like disco platform shoes for a steam engine. Does anyone have a clue what the supposed benefit of a taller steam engine would be?

I had two thoughts:

1: Distribute the weight across more wheels, kind of like tracked vehicles do. Maybe good for tracks that were built on poor footings or with rotten ties/sleepers.

2: Improve traction. Normally each wheel has one point of contact with the tracks. This way each drive wheel has two points of contact (one with each of the first-tier extra wheels) and each of the first-tier wheels has two-points of contact with the second-tier extra wheels (not sure what else to call them).

I guess in that respect I don't understand the Hollman Horror's websites criticism of the thing. It claims that more wheel-wheel interface would creat more slippage. I would think the opposite to be true - more surface area contact would reduce slippage.

I would guess that they were thinking along with one or both of those ideas, but were probably wrong. It would be overly complicated and top heavy.
 
That's not an answer to the questions I asked.

If this is non-reactive as you assert, then why did he apply for multiple patents on hydrino-containing compounds?

Please explain this discrepancy, or admit that you can't (or won't) explain it.



So, no response to the clear contradiction in Mills' own work. Not surprised, really.
 
I had two thoughts:

1: Distribute the weight across more wheels, kind of like tracked vehicles do. Maybe good for tracks that were built on poor footings or with rotten ties/sleepers.

2: Improve traction. Normally each wheel has one point of contact with the tracks. This way each drive wheel has two points of contact (one with each of the first-tier extra wheels) and each of the first-tier wheels has two-points of contact with the second-tier extra wheels (not sure what else to call them).

I guess in that respect I don't understand the Hollman Horror's websites criticism of the thing. It claims that more wheel-wheel interface would creat more slippage. I would think the opposite to be true - more surface area contact would reduce slippage.

I would guess that they were thinking along with one or both of those ideas, but were probably wrong. It would be overly complicated and top heavy.
It's an interesting idea, and one can conceive of it having been the reason, but I'm not sure it works, as a component of wheel slippage is weight distribution. In other words, though the surface area of many little wheels might be marginally greater than that of one big one, the pressure is also reduced. Add to that that much of the slippage will occur at interfaces other than the wheel to track, and that the mechanism will dissipate a lot of potential energy, and if there were any slight advantage it would likely disappear in the implementation. At a given speed, small wheels will also spin much faster, and I suspect wear would become more of a factor.

A tracked vehicle is not necessarily the best example. A tracked vehicle is actually a track laying vehicle, properly speaking, and what it does is to lay down at one end, and pick up at the other, a cleated or high traction track which is designed specifically not to roll, over which the internal rollers then roll. Ideally, the track does not move against the surface at all, and as a result it can be as knotty and gnarly and un-rollable as the surface it travels over allows.

I haven't studied the engineering of this at any length, and this is certainly a thread divergence if not derailment, so one must leave it there despite its being in some ways more interesting than voodoo physics. But I suspect that the Holman Horror might have been, in part, a sincere effort based on bad theory. If the basic idea of many small wheels on the track had merit, it could have been done, I think, by gearing rather than by multiplication of wheels. Of course the history of fraud is varied, but the fact that actual locomotives were made suggests pie in the sky engineering more than scamming here.
 
The amount of wasted heat put out by Mills generator is less than BMW 7 series revving its engine in neutral.
We can quantify this. We "know" that the wasted power from a Mills generator is 260kW (according to Michael) to produce 66kW.

The energy content of a litre of petrol (gasoline for my North American friends) is about 9kWh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_gallon_equivalent). So running a Mills generator for an hour would produce the same wasted energy as burning 28.9 litres of petrol.

A BMW 7 series running at a steady 75mph for an hour will burn about 13 litres of petrol (approx 25 miles per imperial gallon) - that's about 117kW. So Michael is claiming that revving a 7 series under no load (in neutral) will burn more than twice as much petrol as running the car under load at 75mph.That's bonkers.

Under load, at 75mph, the 7 series will use about 30kW to overcome friction and air resistance (see for example the power of a Tesla Model S at 75 mph - approx 350-400Wh per mile) - the remaining 77kW is lost to heat. Compare that with the Mills 260kW. And nobody runs their car 24/7 like an energy generator.

So I dismiss Michael's brush-off - it, like many of his claims, appears not to be based in reality. The heat, the heat!
 
Last edited:
A BMW 7 series running at a steady 75mph for an hour will burn about 13 litres of petrol (approx 25 miles per imperial gallon) - that's about 117kW.

I'm not sure where you're getting your data from, but a 7 series will blow through way more than 25 mpg at peak power. I said a BMW 7 series revving its engine in neutral, so already you're grossly distorting my original claim.

Wiki to the rescue:

BMW 7 Series 760Li 6 L V12 2006 engine operates at 327 kW / 439 bhp.

So at peak load, that engine is roughly the equivalent of Mills generator.

As for how global warming fits into all of this, I'm completely at a loss. I've never heard a climatologist reference engine heat as a driver of so-called global warming.
 
Hyrdrino Critical Analysis paper using quantum theory

Here is a link to a paper, which shows that the functions describing the Hydrinos' orbital states cannot be used to describe the higher energy states (hydrogen). You would think that Mills could at least have made up equations that generalize to all states of Hydrogen (Hydrino all the way up to where Hydrogen is on the verge of ionizing), but he couldn't even do this. Personally I feel that it is more likely that the remarkable accuracy of measurement predictions by quantum theory over the last century compared to actual measurements means that it should not be discarded in favor of Mills replacement of it. A key quote from the paper:
"In this paper we have considered the theoretical foundations of the hydrino hypothesis,
both within the theoretical framework of CQM, in which hydrinos were
originally suggested, and within standard quantum mechanics. We found that
CQM is inconsistent and has several serious de ciencies. Amongst these are
the failure to reproduce the energy levels of the excited states of the hydrogen
atom, and the absence of Lorentz invariance.
"

www.esa.int/gsp/ACT/doc/PHY/ACT-RPR-PHY-Rathke-hydrino.pdf

<snip>
Question 2: A hydrino is supposed to be a hydrogen atom, just with an electron in a lower orbit than that allowed by a century-plus of quantum mechanical theory and observation. <snip>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom