Rule 12.
Nothing to stop you attacking the Daily Mail, but in a critical thinking forum it's bad form to do that just because you can't address the argument. At its worst it's a sort of diversion tactic (a.k.a. derailing the thread).
People asked for a source to back up my statement that Romanian immigrants are disproportionately likely to be thieves. I did a Google search and the Daily Mail link was the top one. I don't read the Daily Mail myself - in fact I've not bought a newspaper for over thirty years. I sometimes read newspapers that others have left lying around in waiting rooms and similar - but they are very rarely the Daily Mail. I get most of my news from the BBC which seems to me to be rather left leaning of late.
Nothing to stop you attacking the Daily Mail, but in a critical thinking forum it's bad form to do that just because you can't address the argument. At its worst it's a sort of diversion tactic (a.k.a. derailing the thread).
People asked for a source to back up my statement that Romanian immigrants are disproportionately likely to be thieves. I did a Google search and the Daily Mail link was the top one. I don't read the Daily Mail myself - in fact I've not bought a newspaper for over thirty years. I sometimes read newspapers that others have left lying around in waiting rooms and similar - but they are very rarely the Daily Mail. I get most of my news from the BBC which seems to me to be rather left leaning of late.