WilliamSeger
Philosopher
- Joined
- Nov 28, 2006
- Messages
- 5,092
Because they aren't valid?
See: Monty Python Argument Clinic
Because they aren't valid?
Why do I suspect the left's newfound love for "integrity of our elections" won't actually translate into support for voter ID laws?
I've seen you make this kind of pedantic argument before, but an EPA that doesn't do anything isn't any better than an abolished EPA.
You want knee-jerk?
That would be your constant deflection and hand-waving from all criticisms of Trump.
You think Trump's appointments will 'balance' the EPA?
That you keep asserting that Obama has been disastrous has more to do with your agenda and beliefs than with reality.
Oh, thank you for saying I'm more polite than Tony Stark, but your assessment of such things has long since ceased being something I put weight in.
It actually upsets me a great deal that I have to admit that Tony and Travis have been more right about so many on the right than I have been. I still hold out hope for the independents though.
You've given up your science and critical thinking advocacy to make room for political tribalism on climate and pollution issues.
You've given up on making good faith arguments on politics because gloating and lecturing about lying in threads you lied to everyone in.
Why do I suspect the left's newfound love for "integrity of our elections" won't actually translate into support for voter ID laws?
Why do I suspect the left's newfound love for "integrity of our elections" won't actually translate into support for voter ID laws?
Because you're a right wing hack?
Many of us on the left support National ID which could be used as Voter ID. What we don't support is cherry-picked regulations set-up by states like North Carolina, who actually go to the trouble to find out which ID is most problematic for the political opposition to obtain. Gee, what a surprise.... voting was down in states with oppressive Voter ID programs.
Give us a national photo ID and I'm happy with it. I think many on the left agree. The point being that it would have the same rules for everyone to obtain and it would include a roll-out period and financing to assure that it was non-partisan and user-friendly to the least accessable of our rural districts and the poorest and most congested inner city districts.
Because you're a right wing hack? Many of us on the left support National ID which could be used as Voter ID ...
Ha. In my previous job I worked in a government office which offered services to indigent clients.* Take a guess how many (citizen) clients I met who could not come up with at least one form of state identification when they needed it to get something they wanted?
The idea that people are unable to obtain valid identification is almost always soft racism through low expectations.
* So before you start with the insults, you should probably know that unlike most on the left who just spout the words, I actually did time in the trenches.
Take your red herring to your own thread, please.Because they aren't valid?
No one on the right thinks leftist voters are too dumb to get an ID, especially when they already have ID's.
Why do I suspect the left's newfound love for "integrity of our elections" won't actually translate into support for voter ID laws?
Ha. In my previous job I worked in a government office which offered services to indigent clients.* Take a guess how many (citizen) clients I met who could not come up with at least one form of state identification when they needed it to get something they wanted?
The idea that people are unable to obtain valid identification is almost always soft racism through low expectations.
* So before you start with the insults, you should probably know that unlike most on the left who just spout the words, I actually did time in the trenches.
Take your red herring to your own thread, please.
And he isn't going to make the EPA do nothing. He can't. He can scale it back, but not by all that much. So yes, your fear mongering really is irrational.
No, I don't. But that's all you give.
You're projecting. Your own defense of Obama is knee-jerk. My criticism of Trump is just different than yours. When I indicate that he's cynical and self-serving, that's not enough: I have to say that he's stupid too. I have to agree to the narrative. The narrative is everything.
Nope. I didn't say that. Rather, I think the issue of what to properly do with the EPA is one of balance. But you can't see it that way. For you, it's either full-steam ahead with what the EPA has been doing, or the EPA does nothing at all. There's no consideration of anything in between.
Funny that you should make this argument, considering that I can point to actual bad outcomes (like the rise of ISIS) while you're basically throwing chicken bones to divine the future.
Of course.
Because I offended your god king.
You're now sorry that you haven't been more of a partisan hack. That's... well, not surprising any more.
I haven't given up anything about science.
I've never lied to you. You have lied to me, though. And I warned you about the tone of this message board. But instead of listening, you decided to be part of the very problem I complained about. And now you want to complain about me, because I'm not willing to play by one-sided rules anymore.
Tough ****. I'm not playing nice anymore, and look in the mirror if you want to know why. You burned that bridge, tyr, not me.
And Hillary Clinton will never be president.
You assume they'll follow the rules? Right. You will get many special 'I told you so' reminders.
Don't make up positions for me. Your defenses of Trump's anti-science and pro-Russian stances is more than enough.
Don't make up positions for me, and don't keep those goalposts moving. Trump's appointments aren't going to 'bring balance',
And what does this have to do with Putin's interference with our elections to get Trump in?
These two go together well actually. Obama is not to blame for the rise of ISIS. He's simply not. There were no good options and he's consistently taken the least bad ones
Now, what is Trump going to do about Putin's attacks helping Trump?
It's well behind party.
You lied to everyone.
I assume he will be constrained by how much he can violate the rules. The EPA gets sued by environmental groups, and the courts impose rulings on the EPA to make them do things. That happened before Trump, that will happen after Trump, and Trump can't stop it.
You complain that I'm making up positions for you, and then turn around and make up positions for me.
Again, your hypocrisy is blinding. I never said Trump's appointments are going to bring balance. That's a lie. Stop lying, liar.
You tell me. You're the one who started bitching about all the environmental damage Trump was supposedly going to do.
Bull ****. There were plenty of ways to negotiate keeping troops in Iraq. There were plenty of other ways we could have handled Syria and Libya.
Probably not much. After all, what exactly did Putin's attack consist of? Did he alter voter registration databases? Did he interfere with anyone's ability to vote? Did he distort the vote counting process in any way?
No. He leaked some emails that revealed true information about the Democrats. And admit it: if a Republican party insider had done the same thing to the Republicans, you wouldn't have been at all upset. You're just using Putin as an excuse to cover for how badly the Dems ********** up.
I'm not particularly outraged that Putin hacked the Dems emails, because 1) of course he did, he's a bad actor, that's what he does, 2) there was nothing in those emails that was classified, and 3) if the Dems had behaved decently there wouldn't be much in those emails to get people upset.
Your entire world view in Manichean, and getting more so every day.
No, I didn't. But you lied to me, and about me. And I'm not going to forget that.
Heh. I've been thinking along the same line lately. Like, what exactly did the Russians find that it flipped the election?Let me see if I've got this right.
As part of their newfound love for cybersecurity, in the left's new narrative the alleged Russian hacks which revealed the truth about team Clinton's collusion with the media against Sanders cost her the election.
In other words, if only American voters didn't know the truth about Clinton, she would have won.
Because he thought it was in Russian national interest to do so. In Real Life, politics isn't fettered with a lot of moralism. It is played to win. End of.Justified how?
Actually, Cain, our Navy was concerned about back doors hacked into our missile guidance systems by anti establishment hackers in the tech dense hot bed of anti establishment sorts in California. Read a few interesting articles on that in Naval Institute's proceedings. Late 80's and early 90's. It was a topic of serious discussion still in the mid 90's when I was at staff college.Yeah, in the 80s we were super-concerned about Russian hacking.
Moscow troll 101. Not even creative.The desperate morons running these stories sure want their late-90s Russia back. Which Putin broke. Meanie.
That feeling when your mad world-domination plans get thwarted in last second. Not nice.
Indeed, the new Russian empire being restored is a Moscow troll talking point. I wish Vlad and friends luck, empires can be tough to run and maintain. check Human history, if you doubt me. Be careful what you wish for, as you are sure to get it.I'm anti-Empire (except my own).
In Russia, taxi drives you. (Google so copied Yakov Smirnoff!Why is Putin driving a taxi? I would think he could get by on salary and graft??!!
I like fire safety and dead bolts.For the same reason my love of fire safety doesn't translate to me supporting a deadbolt on my doors.