• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Geezes Obama is a good speaker

cullennz

Banned
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
21,318
Location
NZ
I'd actually forgotten.

Saw him promoting Clinton. Mostly ad lib. Dudes a walking machine.

Just had that charisma thing mixed with intelligent points.

Better even than Bill I think.

He will not be a poor man after the election
 
Last edited:
He will not be a poor man after the election

Yes, he can talk the talk alright. Very good speaker.

It was walking the walk that was outside his capabilities, unfortunately.

Still that puts him 1/2 better than your bloke who can neither talk nor walk.
 
Yes, he can talk the talk alright. Very good speaker.

It was walking the walk that was outside his capabilities, unfortunately.

Still that puts him 1/2 better than your bloke who can neither talk nor walk.
My bloke?

Just the best dude for the job currently.

Proven PM or bloke picked by union's?

Ummm

And I didn't vote national
 
Last edited:
And I didn't vote national

Ok, my apologies then - I thought you were a blue.

No argument on Little. I had high hopes for him but he's not even as good as Cunliffe in the end. About as good as Shearer, and he was bloody awful.
 
Ok, my apologies then - I thought you were a blue.

No argument on Little. I had high hopes for him but he's not even as good as Cunliffe in the end. About as good as Shearer, and he was bloody awful.
Always thought they should have stuck with Shearer and not shafted him.

At least he had a personality and knew what he was talking about
 
That didn't last long on the US election chaps.
Trump's not a bad speaker either, just a bit of a fraud it turns out.
 
Yes, he can talk the talk alright. Very good speaker.

It was walking the walk that was outside his capabilities, unfortunately.

Still that puts him 1/2 better than your bloke who can neither talk nor walk.

Not entirely his fault when you have a GOP whose only policy seems to be obstructionism. You could argue that he could have tried harder to work with the GOP but it's reasonably clear that their only idea of compromise is that the Democratic Party does whatever the GOP wants (then again when they implemented Romneycare even that wasn't enough so who knows :confused:).
 
That didn't last long on the US election chaps.
Trump's not a bad speaker either, just a bit of a fraud it turns out.
Just personal opinion but Trump comes across as a mix of the dude on the ad that sells the funky ladder and paint roller thingey, and a telly evangelist
 
Not entirely his fault when you have a GOP whose only policy seems to be obstructionism.

Nah.

Gitmo.
Foreign affairs.
Leadership.

He showed nothing.

That didn't last long on the US election chaps.

Pretty good the first three posters are Kiwis.

Trump's not a bad speaker either,...

Holy crap, based on what metric do you say that?

He's a truly terrible public speaker. Incoherent, angry, that iditotic hand-thing he does... He has no skills at all in public speaking beyond the perfect analogy Cully offered - televangelism. He's Benny Hinn and Brian Tamaki wrapped up in one.

Mind you, Barack Obama is MLK without a conscience.

I do like his Mrs, though. All class, and gorgeous with it. Great combo.

...
just a bit of a fraud it turns out.

Not to derail into YATT*, but a Yuuuge fraud would be more like it. I think Foolmewunz today mentioned Trump and Madoff in the same sentence, and that would be appropriate.

*Yet Another Trump Thread
 
Nah.

Gitmo.
Foreign affairs.
Leadership.

He showed nothing.

Are you kidding me ?

Gitmo wasn't in his gift to close without a huge stink from the GOP.

If opening up relations with Cuba, agreeing a nuclear treaty with Iran and repairing international relations in the wake of "Dubya" wasn't walking the walk foreign affairs then I don't know what is. I'm not sure anyone can take the blame for not fixing Libya, Syria or Iraq.

Regarding leadership, I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I mean he has a united party and rising approval ratings - what kind of leadership were you looking for ?
 
Are you kidding me ?

Gitmo wasn't in his gift to close without a huge stink from the GOP.

If opening up relations with Cuba, agreeing a nuclear treaty with Iran and repairing international relations in the wake of "Dubya" wasn't walking the walk foreign affairs then I don't know what is. I'm not sure anyone can take the blame for not fixing Libya, Syria or Iraq.

Regarding leadership, I'm not sure what you're referring to here. I mean he has a united party and rising approval ratings - what kind of leadership were you looking for ?

Obama is a class act who I would love to have as PM. I was going to say that Americans don't properly appreciate him but they elected him twice so I guess that would be unfair. Very hard act to follow.
 
That didn't last long on the US election chaps.
Trump's not a bad speaker either, just a bit of a fraud it turns out.

Trump is a TERRIBLE speaker, limited vocabulary even with all his biggly words and no command of policy or politics. Unfortunately that is why so many people seem to enjoy his rallies, they can switch off their brains and leave their conscience at home.
 
Obama is a class act who I would love to have as PM. I was going to say that Americans don't properly appreciate him but they elected him twice so I guess that would be unfair. Very hard act to follow.

I'd take Obama as PM in Sweden as well. He'd make a great right-wing (ironically called Moderaterna - the moderates) leader, and a charismatic and competent minister.
 
Geezes Obama? Jesus Obama?

Boy, those righties who said liberals believed the man is the messiah may have had a point!

Wasn't it more Obama thinking he is the messiah?

Tell me, how many times did he mention himself? ;)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom