• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue was only secondarily the cat-reference.

The key word was definitely "married": every single GOP member instantly imaged Trump hitting on their wives at the victory gala. ( and given Melania's age, possibly their daughters)

They were thinking they'd become cuckolds having to share their trophy wives with the new king.
 
There is a less appealing but also simple answer: they don't believe the victims.

Sure, it was reported months ago that Trump is a creep who just grabs and fondles women. But that was only a woman who said that. This, OTOH, is straight from his mouth so we can believe it.

Interesting interview with 5 Trump biographers. Should dispel the "locker room talk" argument.

The biographers basically say this is who Trump is - it's all about acquisition, by force if necessary.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/donald-trump-2016-biographers-214350

I have a hard time relating to the average voter sometimes. It seems they are obviously interested in things I find to be of no consequence. For example, the thing I find so offensive in the tape is what slyjoe above referenced. It's the "If I want something I can just grab it" attitude, even if that thing that they want is a rather personal part of another person.

The fact that he is a sexual predator is of less consequence for me. He's every other sort of predator. Of course he's a sexual predator.

Other people must be upset at the vulgarity, which also isn't new on this tape, or the infidelity, but we already knew about that. Or maybe it is the pursuit of married women, but to me I don't care about that. They can say yes or no as that suits them, and it becomes an issue for them and their husbands.

But for me, that feeling of entitlement, of just plain ego. The lack of self control. The "I can't help myself, I just start kissing." Ok, fine, but now you want to have the power to decide who lives and dies? No. I want someone who has a little bit more control.




(And when it comes to the specifically sexual aspects of that tape, the most revolting part for me was actually the "give Donald a hug" part. Because of what those people were saying moments before, it was just way, way, creepy.)
 
(And when it comes to the specifically sexual aspects of that tape, the most revolting part for me was actually the "give Donald a hug" part. Because of what those people were saying moments before, it was just way, way, creepy.)

There was definitely a creepy "enabler feeding a serial offender a fresh victim" vibe about it. It felt like a scene from "Criminal Minds" just before they cut to the victim being found in a ditch 3 days later. It was pretty clear that Billy Bush likes to watch.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone recall when 'the Donald' spoke of Clinton as having the "women's card" and how having that card has enabled her to have at least some support among the voters?

Well then, perhaps Trump can borrow that card from Clinton just long enough to wipe this latest load crap off of his face.
 
And the next show in the Imelda Marcos size shoe drop:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...came-strolling-right-in-on-naked-contestants/


I suppose I just said that the sexual predator aspects don't bother me, but this really, really, makes my skin crawl. Especially the part of the story that refers to the Miss Teen America Pageant.

This line is going to cause him trouble later on:

Separately, BuzzFeed News reported Wednesday that four women in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Trump walked into their dressing room while they were changing. Some were as young as 15, BuzzFeed reported.

Isn't there a rape case involving a 13 year old alleged victim in the offing?
 
And the next show in the Imelda Marcos size shoe drop:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...came-strolling-right-in-on-naked-contestants/


I suppose I just said that the sexual predator aspects don't bother me, but this really, really, makes my skin crawl. Especially the part of the story that refers to the Miss Teen America Pageant.

Again he had said that's what he used to do.

He doesn't lie until he finds out that it's unpopular. He is so self-centred that he doesn't know how bad he looks (and he seems to have no moral compass, so cant' tell for himself) - just when he gets criticism.
 
I think the big impact is that the specific dirty word makes all spin (although a couple of posters and a whole lot of Trump spokesweasels are giving it a good try) worthless.

"Well, what he meant by pussy was...." Really? Someone post the Willie Wonka jpg.

It does seem odd that suddenly Trump supporters are arguing that you have to "interpret" the words of someone who up until this point's big selling point has been that "he speaks his mind."

So apparently Trump is like the Bible, everything you agree with is unquestionable and obviously correct by fiat, everything you disagree with "has to be interpreted."
 
I'm listening to his rally in Florida right now.

This guy is just flat-out stupid. Zero intelligence. Does he even know how to tie his own shoes??
 
It does seem odd that suddenly Trump supporters are arguing that you have to "interpret" the words of someone who up until this point's big selling point has been that "he speaks his mind."

So apparently Trump is like the Bible, everything you agree with is unquestionable and obviously correct by fiat, everything you disagree with "has to be interpreted."

Damn! After I read your first paragraph I wanted to write something, and it turns out it's exactly your second paragraph. I was ninja'd by the person I wanted to respond to. How pathetic is that?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom