• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you find yourself in a minority of One the problem might not be external. Just sayin'.

eWSN6t9.png
 
Even the LA Times/USC Dornsife tracking poll, which has been very pro Trump relative to other polls, is finally showing signs of breaking in the other direction. It's now a tie.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/


http://www.latimes.com/politics/

Actually Hillary is ahead by 0.4% but it rounds to a tie.

Since this is a tracking poll it takes about a week to fully reflect any change.

Yeah, I'm still going with the original estimates at (I think it was) BuzzFeed where they calculated a Trump +8 slant. For it to have taken this amount of time from the first debate, through the Income Taxes and Grab-Her-Gate means they have some dedicated Trump supporters.

Note, though, that the silent minority is starting to opine. The number of respondents is peaking. There were from four to five hundred less people responding last week as Trump held onto an inexplicable (to me) 4 point bulge. Plus, it's not just the Clinton % going up, the Trump %, which was solidly at 46+ is receding.

The seven-day rolling result slows the progress, but the Republican bias distorts it. If you see Hillary +2 or +3 in the next few days, consider that she's probably got a double-digit lead.
 
I'm actually inclined to believe all of the worst things about Trump. I have little doubt that he is (or rather was) a sexual predator. I just don't think the video of him talking about it adds any information. Frankly, I think I've heard him say similar stuff on Howard Stern. He's an entertainer and a braggart, and he, like Howard Stern, has a tendency to say outrageous things for shock and entertainment value. Is he recounting actual truth? Probably, although likely in composite form. Is it a confession? No.

That being said, it's obviously very politically damaging. It has zero effect on my opinion, but I understand that it has a big one with that 20% of the electorate who is kind of flip-floppy between the two parties.

That was at least honest. Yes, Trump is a braggart. Why would we want one of those as President? Yes Trump was and is an entertainer. Although I don't care very much for his degrading brand of entertainment. Not sure we want Andrew Dice Clay as POTUS. Also, it's damn clear that Trump is a bully. He bullies anyone and everyone he thinks he can.

I understand you not liking Hillary. Most Republicans don't. There are lots of Republicans who will be voting for her not because they like her. They don't. They will probably be fighting at least half of her agenda if not more. But it's obvious to them that Trump is a charlatan. They know he's not qualified. That he's dangerous. They know they can't trust him on anything. That the man would sell his mother if the price was right.

Surely you're smart enough to see that. A President has to be able to bring people together. He has to be able to build coalitions to support his policies. Have you seen any indication he can do that? Do you see any evidence of a thoughtful mind? He absolutely can't talk about any issue in depth. None. He relies on maybe a line or two. Ask him to go beyond that and HE CAN'T. The answer he gave about Aleppo was nonsensical. (But at least he had heard the word) The answer on health care was worse. I don't agree with you on anything, but I do know you are smart enough to see that Trump is no more than a huckster..
 
I'm actually inclined to believe all of the worst things about Trump. I have little doubt that he is (or rather was) a sexual predator. I just don't think the video of him talking about it adds any information. Frankly, I think I've heard him say similar stuff on Howard Stern. He's an entertainer and a braggart, and he, like Howard Stern, has a tendency to say outrageous things for shock and entertainment value. Is he recounting actual truth? Probably, although likely in composite form. Is it a confession? No.

That being said, it's obviously very politically damaging. It has zero effect on my opinion, but I understand that it has a big one with that 20% of the electorate who is kind of flip-floppy between the two parties.

Well, ...

at least you are finally realizing some basic facts about Trump.
 
I have little doubt that he is (or rather was) a sexual predator. I just don't think the video of him talking about it adds any information.

This is something I do find curious. I agree with you. The video doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, so I am wondering why it's so damaging.

I suppose the simple answer is that the prurient appeal is sufficient that a lot people who would never have paid attention could see his negative character traits revealed. Before that tape, there were plenty of people who were quite willing, and able, to overlook the flaws.
 
That was at least honest. Yes, Trump is a braggart. Why would we want one of those as President? Yes Trump was and is an entertainer. Although I don't care very much for his degrading brand of entertainment. Not sure we want Andrew Dice Clay as POTUS. Also, it's damn clear that Trump is a bully. He bullies anyone and everyone he thinks he can.

I understand you not liking Hillary. Most Republicans don't. There are lots of Republicans who will be voting for her not because they like her. They don't. They will probably be fighting at least half of her agenda if not more. But it's obvious to them that Trump is a charlatan. They know he's not qualified. That he's dangerous. They know they can't trust him on anything. That the man would sell his mother if the price was right.

Surely you're smart enough to see that. A President has to be able to bring people together. He has to be able to build coalitions to support his policies. Have you seen any indication he can do that? Do you see any evidence of a thoughtful mind? He absolutely can't talk about any issue in depth. None. He relies on maybe a line or two. Ask him to go beyond that and HE CAN'T. The answer he gave about Aleppo was nonsensical. (But at least he had heard the word) The answer on health care was worse. I don't agree with you on anything, but I do know you are smart enough to see that Trump is no more than a huckster..



 
This is something I do find curious. I agree with you. The video doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, so I am wondering why it's so damaging.

I suppose the simple answer is that the prurient appeal is sufficient that a lot people who would never have paid attention could see his negative character traits revealed. Before that tape, there were plenty of people who were quite willing, and able, to overlook the flaws.

To tell the truth I too am surprised this is having such an impact. I suspect the admission of going after a married woman instead of cheating on his own wives with single mistresses may be the tipping point. It also my be as simple as people being offended by the word "pussy."

It's a sad commentary that using a "dirty" word or being an adulterer who tries to go after married women as well as single ones may be the deciding factor for a lot of people.
 
I suppose the simple answer is that the prurient appeal is sufficient that a lot people who would never have paid attention could see his negative character traits revealed. Before that tape, there were plenty of people who were quite willing, and able, to overlook the flaws.

There is a less appealing but also simple answer: they don't believe the victims.

Sure, it was reported months ago that Trump is a creep who just grabs and fondles women. But that was only a woman who said that. This, OTOH, is straight from his mouth so we can believe it.
 
There is a less appealing but also simple answer: they don't believe the victims.

Sure, it was reported months ago that Trump is a creep who just grabs and fondles women. But that was only a woman who said that. This, OTOH, is straight from his mouth so we can believe it.

Interesting interview with 5 Trump biographers. Should dispel the "locker room talk" argument.

The biographers basically say this is who Trump is - it's all about acquisition, by force if necessary.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/donald-trump-2016-biographers-214350
 
To tell the truth I too am surprised this is having such an impact. I suspect the admission of going after a married woman instead of cheating on his own wives with single mistresses may be the tipping point. It also my be as simple as people being offended by the word "pussy."

It's a sad commentary that using a "dirty" word or being an adulterer who tries to go after married women as well as single ones may be the deciding factor for a lot of people.

I saw in a clip that was an emotive exchange between some people on a video style panel and yep one of them was complaining and berating another contributor because, yep you guessed it, the other one used that naughty word! It would seem a naughty word is much more abhorrent than someone (by their own words) boasting that they sexually assault people they find attractive and boasts that they get away with it because they are a "star".

ETA: Not the site I saw it on but this was the clip: https://youtu.be/zl7JWrwkpSM?t=7
 
Last edited:
This is something I do find curious. I agree with you. The video doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, so I am wondering why it's so damaging.

I suppose the simple answer is that the prurient appeal is sufficient that a lot people who would never have paid attention could see his negative character traits revealed. Before that tape, there were plenty of people who were quite willing, and able, to overlook the flaws.

Yes, and once the public starts spotting his character flaws, they will keep spotting more. Teflon becomes Velcro.
 
There is a less appealing but also simple answer: they don't believe the victims.

Sure, it was reported months ago that Trump is a creep who just grabs and fondles women. But that was only a woman who said that. This, OTOH, is straight from his mouth so we can believe it.

And, amusingly, now it's just empty claim because we've already dismissed the women's testimony.
 
To tell the truth I too am surprised this is having such an impact. I suspect the admission of going after a married woman instead of cheating on his own wives with single mistresses may be the tipping point. It also my be as simple as people being offended by the word "pussy."

It's a sad commentary that using a "dirty" word or being an adulterer who tries to go after married women as well as single ones may be the deciding factor for a lot of people.

I think the big impact is that the specific dirty word makes all spin (although a couple of posters and a whole lot of Trump spokesweasels are giving it a good try) worthless.

"Well, what he meant by pussy was...." Really? Someone post the Willie Wonka jpg.


How are you going to do the Megyn Spin (blood coming from her wherever, why I meant that she might have cut her finger making a cucumber sandwich yeah really that's what I meant call sean hannity he'll tell you what I meant). It's pretty damning and the fact that it's a moderately dirty word just hammers the point home and paints him into a corner that has turned into the Laughing Stock SpokesHoney Booth. Sane newscasters on all channels are laughing at them.

There are forty other phrases or euphemisms he could've used that they would have spun this out to the orbit of Pluto by now. "Grab her pussy" is pretty finite.
 
I think the big impact is that the specific dirty word makes all spin (although a couple of posters and a whole lot of Trump spokesweasels are giving it a good try) worthless.

"Well, what he meant by pussy was...." Really? Someone post the Willie Wonka jpg.


How are you going to do the Megyn Spin (blood coming from her wherever, why I meant that she might have cut her finger making a cucumber sandwich yeah really that's what I meant call sean hannity he'll tell you what I meant). It's pretty damning and the fact that it's a moderately dirty word just hammers the point home and paints him into a corner that has turned into the Laughing Stock SpokesHoney Booth. Sane newscasters on all channels are laughing at them.

There are forty other phrases or euphemisms he could've used that they would have spun this out to the orbit of Pluto by now. "Grab her pussy" is pretty finite.
As seen earlier:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 9
The issue was only secondarily the cat-reference.

The key word was definitely "married": every single GOP member instantly imaged Trump hitting on their wives at the victory gala. ( and given Melania's age, possibly their daughters)
 
Last edited:
I saw in a clip that was an emotive exchange between some people on a video style panel and yep one of them was complaining and berating another contributor because, yep you guessed it, the other one used that naughty word! It would seem a naughty word is much more abhorrent than someone (by their own words) boasting that they sexually assault people they find attractive and boasts that they get away with it because they are a "star".

ETA: Not the site I saw it on but this was the clip: https://youtu.be/zl7JWrwkpSM?t=7

Is that the one where Scottie Nelly Hughes got offended by Navarro over the word and Navarro said she really should be offended by her boss, the man she was defending?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom