thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2001
- Messages
- 35,084
That's what Trump said. That's what Trump thinks.
Jill Harth, and other women, would disagree.
That's what Trump said. That's what Trump thinks.
Well said. There are times when I think that you and I are the only logical people contributing to this thread. Usually though, I think it's just me.
Well it depends on who those two people are. Could easily have been two people who would know and verified the stories off the record.
Jill Harth, and other women, would disagree.
From that article:
I just love the journalistic standards of today.
Two people is better than one. No one inside an active campaign is going to identify themselves for publication purposes, so much of the reporting is based on "a trusted source". Stating that two people reported it is sort of fact-checking without attribution.
Yeah but usually you either name those people or explain what kind of people you're talking about. As written, it could be two random people at a gas station.
I'm not a Trump fan, but I don't like poor arguments either. It's not like the guy doesn't have bushels of justified taint on him already.
Do people still read "The Scarlet Letter"?
I've seen this stated many times and I just don't get it. How did she enable Bill's philandering? What actions did she take to give him the green light? These are honest questions ... and try to be specifi.
No. The paragraph is on the subject of the plans of the PAC. Yes, it is possible for there to be subterfuge but I doubt the politics editor at the Times would approve that. He/She would've deleted the reference to the two sources if they weren't from within the group being discussed.
It's not like this sort of subterfuge is needed.
Fair point.
I would say that staying with him and aiding his defense by invoking the "Great Right Wing Conspiracy" enabled the pattern of behavior to continue without consequences for quite some time.
Yeah but usually you either name those people or explain what kind of people you're talking about. As written, it could be two random people at a gas station.
I'm not sure where you get the idea of subterfuge.
Just to be pedantic, it was a vast conspiracy, not a great conspiracy.
Well off the record it wouldn't give actual names. Usually they'll at least suggest what sort of relation the people have to the issue. I do agree that the way the article is worded, it could be any two people, but I'd err more on it being poorly written/edited.
It would be "subterfuge", Trump-style, if the sources were really "some people", as in his famous "some people are saying" accusations.
Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while contestants — some as young as 15 — were changing.
“I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,’” said Mariah Billado, the former Miss Vermont Teen USA.
Trump, she recalled, said something like, “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.”
Three other women, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of getting engulfed in a media firestorm, also remembered Trump entering the dressing room while girls were changing. Two of them said the girls rushed to cover their bodies, with one calling it “shocking” and “creepy.” The third said she was clothed and introduced herself to Trump.

FTFY:FTFY
Mrs President will sit on a throne made from 1000 assault rifles and a 1000 tiny dead hands.
Well said. There are times when I think that you and I are the only logical people contributing to this thread. Usually though, I think it's just me.