Because, obviously, she is saying one thing to the public about regulating wall street and the opposite to wall street.
I cannot believe she cited Lincoln and the 13th amendment.
Lincoln would say anything to get the 13th amendment passed.
Clinton would say anything to get herself elected.
she is despicable
I thought this was one of her worst answers during the debate, but only because I don't think she explained herself well, and left some people with a mistaken impression.
During the debate, it almost came of as,
"Mrs. Clinton, it seems like you were saying one thing to Wall Street insiders, but a different thing to the public."
"Well, yeah, but Lincoln did the same thing."
I am not sure, but I think it was supposed to be,
"Mrs. Clinton, we have this quote here that says you should say one thing in public and another thing in private."
"Let me explain that to the audience, Anderson. That line was a part of a speech I gave, where I was talking about Abraham Lincoln's efforts to pass the Thirteenth Amendment. He knew that different people would be swayed by different arguments, and that you have to understand your audience. It's about building coalitions."
In other words, the Lincoln reference wasn't something that was made up during debate prep to justify doing what she did. I think what she was saying was that the WikiLeaks quote was an out of context piece from a speech that talked about Abraham Lincoln's methods used to pass an important, but controversial, item on his agenda. The Lincoln reference was referring to part of the original speech.
If that's the case, then it doesn't seem weird at all, or despicable.
People who like Trump like him, in part, because you get the real deal with him. He doesn't hold back. He doesn't present one thing in public and another in private. At least, he doesn't appear to, because he says everything with the appearance of great conviction. What you see is what you get. Hillary, on the other hand, tailors her speech to her audience. She emphasizes one thing here and another thing there.
The first style, Trump's style, can seem refreshing, except after a while you start realizing that it's not simply Trump being honest. It's Trump lacking self control. He blurts out whatever is on his mind. You start paying attention to him over time and you realize he isn't even consistent from one day to another. He says everything with the same degree of conviction, whether or not he said the opposite yesterday or will say the opposite tomorrow. And you also find that he is quite candid at all times, even when talking about what he would like to do to your daughter. Suddenly, honesty doesn't always seem like a virtue.
Hillary sometimes lacks sincerity, because she has studied her audience and says some blend of her own agenda mixed with what she thinks you want to hear. It's not all that likable, but, to be honest, I greatly prefer that form of insincerity to Trump's candid impulsiveness.