• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2016 Presidential Debate II

Luckily I'm not calling for it to be sent to AAH, I'm calling for it to be sent to the correct forum, namely Trials and Errors.

That makes no sense. It has become an important side issue in the Presidential Election campaign. Democrats have been attacking Trump for his refusal to accept that the Central Park Five are innocent. Don't you think it's relevant to the campaign whether or not they're actually innocent?
 
That makes no sense. It has become an important side issue in the Presidential Election campaign. Democrats have been attacking Trump for his refusal to accept that the Central Park Five are innocent. Don't you think it's relevant to the campaign whether or not they're actually innocent?

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
 
That makes no sense. It has become an important side issue in the Presidential Election campaign. Democrats have been attacking Trump for his refusal to accept that the Central Park Five are innocent. Don't you think it's relevant to the campaign whether or not they're actually innocent?

What's relevant to the campaign is a presidential candidate who expresses a dismissive attitude towards the concept of due process.
 

I've dealt with morons that think the Central Park Five, the West Memphis Three and Amanda Knox are guilty based on coerced statements and the police circling the wagons for years. The stories may have differences, but they all have the same ring to them. 25 percent of all exonerees were convicted based on coerced police confessions. What's dissapointing are the suggestions by those who are vested in law and order and authority that exonerees still got away with something.

Trump is an idiot who jumps to conclusions and then lacks the courage to admit he's ever wrong. He's Arthur Fonzarelli, except no one likes Trump ...unless he's paying them. The sad part is the other tin foil morons who follow Trump. Why do they crave a racist misogynistic "man's man" who talks tough?
 
That makes no sense. It has become an important side issue in the Presidential Election campaign. Democrats have been attacking Trump for his refusal to accept that the Central Park Five are innocent. Don't you think it's relevant to the campaign whether or not they're actually innocent?

It's decidedly not the President's job to tell who's guilty - that's up to the judiciary. Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he seems to be unaware of the separation of power.
 
It's decidedly not the President's job to tell who's guilty - that's up to the judiciary. Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he seems to be unaware of the separation of power.

He doesn't even know the different roles of each branch. Clinton had to hastily explain to him the difference between the legislative and executive branches of government and how the President can veto legislation. In the second Presidential debate, one candidate had to take time to give the other a basic civics lesson.
 
He doesn't even know the different roles of each branch. Clinton had to hastily explain to him the difference between the legislative and executive branches of government and how the President can veto legislation. In the second Presidential debate, one candidate had to take time to give the other a basic civics lesson.
He once said that he would appoint Supreme Court justices that would look into Hillary's emails.
 
Allegedly raped when she was 12? What, pray tell, do you think happened to her that might not have been rape?
Just dotting the i's and crossing the t's. We're talking about a lawsuit. As long as the matter as not been proven in a court of law, it's still "alleged". There are conflicting accounts to what happened, and yes, it's most likely she was raped.

But really, the Daily Fail? I gave already three links to trustworthy sites.

He pled guilty to "fondling of a minor", not to rape.

How is that relevant?

The woman is aggrieved at the treatment she received at trial. I can understand that.

I can also understand that Clinton's role was to do what she could to benefit her client, short of breaking certain rules like perjury, etc. I also understand that Clinton didn't want to defend this man, but when she had no choice, she did so to the best of her abilities.

But I can't fault the victim for not thinking that these esoteric considerations should matter to her. And I'd bet Trump's intended audience does not care for those concerns either.
Clinton didn't rape her, Taylor did (allegedly).
Clinton didn't much up the evidence (the underpants with the hole cut out), the prosecution did.
Clinton didn't press for a plea bargain, her mother did.
And Clinton also didn't joke about getting a felon off.

Clinton did her professional duty as defence lawyer. Holding that against her is disregard for the Sixth Amendment. That holds for herself, that holds for Il Douche's supporters, and that holds especially for Il Douche himself for trying to get her in a special place in the audience last night.
 
No. Not at all.

I'm done with Trump, and I'm done with these reprehensible sycophants that support him and try to defend everything he's said.

He said he committed sexual assault. He wants to jail his political opponents. He wants to stifle the press. Who knows what else this piece of **** is capable of?



Anyone at this point who defends Trump is actively pursuing an anti-American stance. They are ACTIVELY promoting a despotic regime as opposed to the democratic process that has made this the most desirable country to live in in the world. They themselves are anti-American, and as far as I'm concerned can take up arms, find themselves a nice Pacific Island to take over and stay there until the sun goes supernova.

There is no place in a civilized society for the types of people who are STILL defending Donald Trump.

Period.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but...

wait until 2020. It'll be horrible. I didn't exactly love Clinton or Sanders, and I actually did not vote for either in the primary.

Get ready, this will be worse.

I'd like to be wrong here. Maybe Trump will finally break the fever. But I doubt it.
 
Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but...

wait until 2020. It'll be horrible. I didn't exactly love Clinton or Sanders, and I actually did not vote for either in the primary.

Get ready, this will be worse.

I'd like to be wrong here. Maybe Trump will finally break the fever. But I doubt it.


It can't get any worse. How? I mean what would that even look like?
 
It can't get any worse. How? I mean what would that even look like?

A demagogue that isn't an openly racist misogynistic moron. The fact that Donald's chances are rapidly evaporating because if his character deficit instead of his desire to be a despot still provides a path for a demagogue without a personality disorder.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom