• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember when the last time a candidate for got destroyed in all three debates. If I recall correctly, McCain lost all of the debates but they were closer than the two thus far.

Since there isn't an actual "winner" of "loser" of these debates, the question isn't very meaningful, but I believe Al Gore was widely believed to have "lost" all the debates against George W. Bush. I know his "sighing" was considered very bad, and a couple of minor, but easily fact-checkable misstatements were really pounced upon him. Certainly, he did badly enough in them to sway at least 0.01% of the Florida vote.

Looking at today's candidates, it's just amazing to think that a "sigh" was enough to torpedo a close campaign back then.
 

The last update of that is from 12 hours ago. Fox reported after the debate that Donnie grabbed Pence by his pussy and that they're all fine and dandy, now. Pence is shown on the Trump/Pence website as scheduled for activity in North Carolina - at two locations - and I think that's been on the site for days. I was under the impression that the fundraiser in NJ was for Sunday, not Monday, but I saw something early Saturday that he'd pulled out after he'd pulled out of Wisconsin.

It'll be yesterday's papers in a few hours. The Republican base has opined (74% of them) that the party needs to rally behind the candidate. Pence is running for Pence, now. Any thought that he had a moral
bone in his body can be dismissed.


ETA: That site links to an online poll asking who won the debate. Not sure where the Trump-bots are. I voted Hillary, figuring there would be forty thousand Trump votes. The result? Hillary Clinton 100%. I'm the only vote. Would someone else vote to see if it changes? Just curious. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...916_ho.html#incart_most-read_politics_article

ETA2: NVM. Maybe I was really the first voter. I'm now in a minority. But it went from 1 vote to 163,250 pretty quickly. I'm assuming a glitch.
 
Last edited:
Could be Pence is weighing which will play better in 2020: leaving the sinking ship or loyalty to the GOP.

I vote for loyalty. He signed on as VP, he should abide by the commitment even (especially?) if the presidential nominee is in real danger of defeat on the order of "landslide" and might even bail out.

Jumping at this point IMO looks unpatriotic. Especially if the GOP needs Pence to save the ticket, he should remain available.
 
I am disgusted that you think I'm voting for someone to be my leader. I don't need a national mommy and daddy to follow. I just need someone to handle timely needs that come up in administrative offices.
That's your idea of the role of the federal government? You must deplore the fact that the government is patterned on the Constitution....

I also strenuously object to the idea that the job of the president is to help people.

.... and you're an isolationist also.

Hell, Bob, with those demands on the presidency, you could do the job. So could Bozo the Clown.
 
Last edited:
That's your idea of the role of the federal government? You must deplore the fact that the government is patterned on the Constitution....



.... and you're an isolationist also.

Hell, Bob, with those demands on the presidency, you could do the job. So could Bozo the Clown.

Anarchists really don't want a government to exist at all and believe that if people were just left alone, we'd all self-govern into a peaceful and prosperous society.
 
When he loses, he will still think he is the real winner because the election was rigged.

Yeah, he'll toss out the "rigged" nonsense but I suspect that this week has really wrung the snot out of that claim. Between the polls and large segments of the population disgusted with him, who is going to want to charge the barricades for such a loser. Oh, a few diehards will join in but that will just make it easier to point at them and laugh.
 
Well, there was a different level of attack when it came to each other. Trump really hit them hard, but their attacks on each other weren't that hard if I remember correctly.
They were probably thinking about not potentially damaging the party no matter who won. Trump never even considered the party.
 
And if Pence had any self respect he would just ditch Donald and drop out.

Pence won't drop but you do raise and interesting question. We all pretty much agree that Pence would take Trump's position if he was unable to run but what if Pence dropped out or couldn't run? Is there a mechanism for replacing the Veep candidate?
 
Pence won't drop but you do raise and interesting question. We all pretty much agree that Pence would take Trump's position if he was unable to run but what if Pence dropped out or couldn't run? Is there a mechanism for replacing the Veep candidate?

Presumably the RNC has rules for that the same as they do for the top of the ticket. They would probably just go with whoever Donald wants though.
 
I vote for loyalty. He signed on as VP, he should abide by the commitment even (especially?) if the presidential nominee is in real danger of defeat on the order of "landslide" and might even bail out.

Jumping at this point IMO looks unpatriotic. Especially if the GOP needs Pence to save the ticket, he should remain available.
Unpatriotic?

Standing with Trump is a tad unpatriotic
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom