• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link not working.

He won't quit. He'll lose the election by 150 Electoral votes and he'll claim that the election was rigged.

Yeah, or close to it. I mentioned yesterday that he hasn't picked up a single ADDITIONAL red state since the pre-conventions, and they took away Georgia and Arizona. He's got 164 or 165 solid. His challenge is to get to 200, just to save face. Forget 270 to win. With this latest development he could wind up with just those 165, losing both AZ and GA and a deficit of 175 to 180.
 
How does having been friends with Bill Clinton square with his "outsider" narrative?
This assumes that he actually has friends. It seems far more likely that he has people he uses when doing so would benefit him, like being able to say "I play golf with ex-presidents." I don't even doubt that they might have engaged in bawdy talk while playing golf; Trump has no filter and if he started the sex talk I'm sure there are lots of guys who would join in. I very much doubt, however, that Clinton said "worse" things to him; Bill is an actual smart person and at most might have talked about situations that had already gotten wide press in the 90s.
 
I hope the Republicans lose the Senate because of Donald and Hillary puts a really liberal, 40 year old, black, lesbian on the Supreme Court to replace Scalia.

I would find it amusing if she nominates Obama. He's qualified. And causing apoplexy amongst elderly conservatives might open up a few more posts... If you catch my drift.
 
One thing is for sure, this is not the only incident. More will be found.

True story.
Some of the women at work were talking about Trump in the lunchroom yesterday. They're convinced he wears a girdle. (Explains why he always wears a suit and possibly the long ties.) They were in agreement that the flabby face and jowls do not go with the midsection. How much is he hiding, they wondered, and how's he hiding it?

I suddenly realized how much he looks like Zapp Brannigan!
 
Last edited:
This assumes that he actually has friends. It seems far more likely that he has people he uses when doing so would benefit him, like being able to say "I play golf with ex-presidents." I don't even doubt that they might have engaged in bawdy talk while playing golf; Trump has no filter and if he started the sex talk I'm sure there are lots of guys who would join in. I very much doubt, however, that Clinton said "worse" things to him; Bill is an actual smart person and at most might have talked about situations that had already gotten wide press in the 90s.

Good point, I did consider putting "claimed to have been friends" but as I was on a phone, suffered from a slight case of CBA.

I'll answer my own question. Anyone who supported Trump (from the beginning, but especially since the presidential debate) is obviously immune from logical thinking.

Trump is an outsider, great. Trump says how he's friends with ex-presidents, wow, he's ex-friends with the best ex-presidents, great.

ETA: And I have no doubt about the intelligence (or social intelligence ) of Bill Clinton.
 
Last edited:
The GOP should thank their stars that this didn't come out after Trump was elected: this way, they can still do some damage control.
 
I think that could come under the heading of, 'with friends like these...'

Although Trump does seem to be good at making enemies too.

Cup of water for a drowning man?
 
This assumes that he actually has friends. It seems far more likely that he has people he uses when doing so would benefit him, like being able to say "I play golf with ex-presidents." I don't even doubt that they might have engaged in bawdy talk while playing golf; Trump has no filter and if he started the sex talk I'm sure there are lots of guys who would join in. I very much doubt, however, that Clinton said "worse" things to him; Bill is an actual smart person and at most might have talked about situations that had already gotten wide press in the 90s.

Trump gave Bill Clinton a golf club membership. Bill is the kind of guy who can and does make friends with everyone. But I seriously doubt Trump's claim that Bill said anything like that. But Bill is the kind of guy to laugh at Trump's jokes about women so no to make waves.

Trump is the insecure guy who is constantly trying to impress everyone around him. Money, women, power and yet none of it is really satisfying. Does anyone think that his behavior with Billy Bush ISN'T TYPICAL of how Trump has behaved his entire life? According to sources from The Apprentice he would make similar comments all the time. He'd compliment a woman and then turn to one of the men and say "you'd ◊◊◊◊ her"? Right in front of the woman. All the while the cameras were rolling. There is little doubt that there are mountains of recordings like this at the Mark Burnett production company. But they are stonewalling.
 
The GOP should thank their stars that this didn't come out after Trump was elected: this way, they can still do some damage control.

I'd bet they would have preferred that. Hold quick impeachment hearings and have a Republican VP take over.
 
Wonder how Mormons will be able to vote for Trump?
On Friday night, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (Utah), the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, retracted his endorsement of Trump after discussing the issue with his wife and deciding that Trump’s comments were “intolerable.” Utah Gov. Gary R. Herbert, who is also up for reelection, announced Friday night on Twitter that he could no longer support the top of the ticket. Ayotte, of New Hampshire, tweeted on Saturday morning that she would not vote for Trump.
WP
 
Question; despite what certain individuals in the Republican Party are saying would Pence automatically take over if Trump stepped down before the election?

ETA: and the BBC's Jon Sopel has a point:

Given #TrumpTape am not sure him issuing statement saying "I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life," is a great phrase to use
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom