• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to NPR's Weekend Edition where they were interviewing Mr. Reed...He of the "Family Values" set...
While condemning Trump's remarks as both a Christian and a father, he then immediately defended Trump as the only candidate who would be anti-abortion, appoint conservative Supreme Court judges, and generally support those family values.

I wonder what sort of cognitive dissonance goes on in the mind of people like this?

Cognitive dissonance? Do you think this audio means he would be pro abortion?
 
Isn't the next debate supposed to be on foreign policy?

In the meantime, do you think Pence is just biding his time expecting Trump to drop? Or if not, will he bolt? He has been very quiet so far.

One last thing: note that if Trump drops out and Pence takes over, any votes cast for Trump will transfer to Pence presuming he keeps the same electors. Remember when voting for President, you are voting for electors, so as long as Pence has the same electors, that vote will transfer.

I don't expect Trump to drop out. Until maybe the next big bombshell that hits.

As I hinted above, I think Farenthold's got more in store ready to release. Trump pissed them off when he banished them, and they vowed to take it out on him. They are succeeding.

Hmm - how could Clinton work Russia's formal complaint about criticism of Trump into a foreign policy debate?

@Tony Stark - I presume you do realise that I am British and prone to deadpan sarcasm*. The wide open goals are such that even an incompetent** campaign should be able to deal with. I don't think that even the anti-Clinton posters here claim that she's incompetent at campaigning.

*I tend to signpost the fact that I am being sarcastic more obviously here than IRL.

**Probably even within the ability of Trump's campaign team and maybe even Stein's?
 
Last edited:
What are the odds Pence will drop out? Isn't he a big Jesus freak? I don't know much about him, but the Jesusy types I know don't associate with people who use language like that.

Religious freaks are often degenerate hypocrites. So no, I don't expect Pence to drop out.
 
Source: Trump attempted boardroom kiss

In March 2010, the woman -- who asked not to be identified -- met Trump in a boardroom in Trump Tower.

Another man -- a colleague of Burnett's friend -- was in the boardroom at the time of the incident.

The woman told Burnett: "Trump took Tic Tacs, suggested I take them also. He then leaned in, catching me off guard, and kissed me almost on lips. I was really freaked out. ... After (the meeting), Trump asked me to come into his office alone. Was really unsure what to do. ... Figured I could handle myself. Anyway, once in his office he kept telling me how special I am and gave me his cell, asked me to call him. I ran the hell out of there."
 
What are the odds Pence will drop out? Isn't he a big Jesus freak? I don't know much about him, but the Jesusy types I know don't associate with people who use language like that.

I started writing a message to Pence last night, but chickened out. But, yeah.

Pence has sold himself as the religious conservative, espousing good christian values. I have never understood how he can live with himself since selling out to Trumpkins in the first place, but this has to be a huge blow. How can he continue to claim to support morality if he accepts this?

I have heard that the evangelical leaders who support Trump have doubled-down in the "no one's perfect" sense. But I can't see the rank and file evangelical women being as forgiving on the whole. Oh sure, there will be those who will stick, but it is going to cost him a lot.

Aside from the moral problem of Pence standing by, the other question is political. Pence's only shot at a political future is to jump ship, because if he hangs on, all he will be known for in the future is as the guy who ran with Donald Trump, and will be a punchline.

As I said last night, if the evangelicals don't abandon him now, it is a serious indictment of them.
 
I started writing a message to Pence last night, but chickened out. But, yeah.

Pence has sold himself as the religious conservative, espousing good christian values. I have never understood how he can live with himself since selling out to Trumpkins in the first place, but this has to be a huge blow. How can he continue to claim to support morality if he accepts this?

I have heard that the evangelical leaders who support Trump have doubled-down in the "no one's perfect" sense. But I can't see the rank and file evangelical women being as forgiving on the whole. Oh sure, there will be those who will stick, but it is going to cost him a lot.

Aside from the moral problem of Pence standing by, the other question is political. Pence's only shot at a political future is to jump ship, because if he hangs on, all he will be known for in the future is as the guy who ran with Donald Trump, and will be a punchline.

As I said last night, if the evangelicals don't abandon him now, it is a serious indictment of them.
It seems that Mormons may be the only decent conservative Christians in America.
 
There are some interesting quotes in the setup piece about the PBS Frontline broadcast, from the link that was posted here. Quotes by people who support Trump, not oppose him.
“I think that is the night he resolves to run for president,” Trump political adviser Roger Stone says in the opening scene..."I think that he is kind of motivated by it: ‘Maybe I’ll just run. Maybe I’ll show them all,’” Stone adds.

What did Obama say about Trump at the 'infamous' 2011 White House roast, anyway? Things like:
“Now, I know that he’s taken some flak lately, but no one is happier, no one is prouder to put this birth certificate matter to rest than The Donald,” Obama said. “And that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter — like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?”

Ironically the dinner was hosted by the Washington Post and they were the ones who invited Trump. In this article by Post staffer Roxanne Roberts, she reveals the decision to invite Trump was not a popular one in the Post newsroom:
Word that Trump was attending as a guest of The Post landed in the newsroom with a thud. Inviting a reality star was fine. Inviting a leading voice of the birthers was a problem for many reporters, who were concerned that it appeared as though one of America’s most respected newspapers was giving Trump (and by extension, birthers) credibility. Link to article


Roberts also quotes him as saying:
“It’s such a false narrative,” Trump told [Roberts] this week. “I had a phenomenal time. I had a great evening."


For once I believe him too. The fact is, Trump was talking about eventually running for president as long as thirty years ago. Back then he was probably thinking more along the lines of running as a Democrat, though.
 
Last edited:
I just listened to NPR's Weekend Edition where they were interviewing Mr. Reed...He of the "Family Values" set...
While condemning Trump's remarks as both a Christian and a father, he then immediately defended Trump as the only candidate who would be anti-abortion, appoint conservative Supreme Court judges, and generally support those family values.

I wonder what sort of cognitive dissonance goes on in the mind of people like this?

The same kind that allows you to use, "So did Bill Clinton!" as a defense while also using, "Ugh! Bill Clinton!" as an attack.
 
Perhaps, astonishingly, in 2016 people still sort of expect a president to be a gentleman! Or at least be able to present the facade of one.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheDog

I'm wondering if this will go down in history alongside Patton slapping that wounded soldier as career-killing moments.

1. Patton was a General who's job it was to kill people. A President's job is to help people. I DO EXPECT ...NO....I DEMAND that he be a gentleman. That doesn't mean a choir boy. That means that the man GENUINELY respects and cares for others.

The number one job of a leader is to LEAD people. Who wants to follow that CREEP?
 
CNN: Congresswoman Bachmann, how do you feel as a woman and a mother about Donald Trump's comments?
Michele: Clinton, Clinton, Clinton. Benghazi! Syria! Clinton, Clinton, Clinton.

Lather, rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

ETA: I didn't realize until this morning that Billy Bush is actually a first cousin of George W and Jeb!

ETAA: And while all that was covering the news, there was another PutinLeaks release, including this that Hillary supposedly said at one of her Goldman Sachs appearances:
“My father loved to complain about big business and big government, but we had a solid middle class upbringing. We had good public schools. We had accessible health care. We had our little, you know, one-family house that, you know, he saved up his money, didn't believe in mortgages. So I lived that,” she said in the speech. “And now, obviously, I'm kind of far removed because the life I've lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy, but I haven't forgotten it.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/john-podesta-wikileaks-hacked-emails-229304#ixzz4MVIo78iQ
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
 
Last edited:
1. Patton was a General who's job it was to kill people. A President's job is to help people. I DO EXPECT ...NO....I DEMAND that he be a gentleman. That doesn't mean a choir boy. That means that the man GENUINELY respects and cares for others.

The number one job of a leader is to LEAD people. Who wants to follow that CREEP?

I am disgusted that you think I'm voting for someone to be my leader. I don't need a national mommy and daddy to follow. I just need someone to handle timely needs that come up in administrative offices.

I also strenuously object to the idea that the job of the president is to help people.
 
Last edited:
This may have literally been a pivotal moment in history.


And I'm sure, in the future, Trump will try to spin his contribution to it as a positive thing.

Let's have a do over. Keep Obama for another year and reshuffle the deck.


Heh. I had a similar thought once: "Let's just scrap this election and try again in 4 years."



Someone posted Ms. Harth's statement here very soon after the news about Trump's comments. Does anyone know if her statement is a reaction to the release of Trump's comments, or just a coincidence?

I just listened to NPR's Weekend Edition where they were interviewing Mr. Reed...He of the "Family Values" set...
While condemning Trump's remarks as both a Christian and a father, he then immediately defended Trump as the only candidate who would be anti-abortion, appoint conservative Supreme Court judges, and generally support those family values.

I wonder what sort of cognitive dissonance goes on in the mind of people like this?
Cognitive dissonance? Do you think this audio means he would be pro abortion?


Mr. Reed's comment implies that he would vote for, as an extreme example, Satan as long as Satan took an anti-abortion stance. That's probably the cognitive dissonance to which Bikewer is referring. ETA: Also, Mr. Reed's clinging to this idea that Trump could be a defender of "family values" in light of recent revelations.
 
Last edited:
John Barron and John Miller would also take issue with him pretending to be someone he's not.
LOL, that didn't even occur to me.

When I saw the video, it did occur to me that Donald surely thinks he's a perfect person due to his personality disorder and that he had probably actually said so.
 
Last edited:
Someone posted Ms. Harth's statement here very soon after the news about Trump's comments.

Does anyone know if her statement is a reaction to the release of Trump's comments, or just a coincidence?

Ms. Harth's story first ran in July. The fact that his admissission matches what she described in his attempted sexual assault of her confirms the worst of him.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 
The Governor of Utah retracting his endorsement was not well received.

tumblr_oepmrnEVPJ1qbybsvo1_r1_540_zpsf4uzc93a.png
 
I am disgusted that you think I'm voting for someone to be my leader. I don't need a national mommy and daddy to follow. I just need someone to handle timely needs that come up in administrative offices.

Whether you see him as a leader doesn't change the fact that this is part of the job description. A President must be able to build coalitions Trump thinks that by his own sheer force of will that people will come to his way of thinking. It doesn't work that way. I couldn't stand Ronald Reagan, but I have to admit he was a leader. He charmed those he disagreed with. He knew how to sell his policies.

Trump is good at alienating people. People in his own party would be looking for ways to screw him. And could you blame them when Trump is constantly consumed with doing the same thing to everyone else?

As for being the people's leader. Trump could never be that. But that too is part of the job description. People wanted to follow Lincoln, Eisenhower, FDR, JFK, Reagan. Nobody wants to follow Trump.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom