• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump runs for POTUS/ Trumped Up! Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's officially apologizing. :thumbsup:

Yay, no resignation. Clinton's a shoe-in.

Boy the apology sounds stiff.
 
Last edited:
I was reading a right-wing blog, and someone said Trump's obscene comments show how biased the media is against men. The commenter can give a pass to "grab her pussy," but Trump's talking about screwing another man's wife! So disrespectful.
 
I missed it. CNN is discussing it. Apparently he deflected toward Bill again. And said that he'd said some foolish things, but didn't address the action of grabbing women.

Steve S
 
He's officially apologizing. :thumbsup:

Yay, no resignation. Clinton's a shoe-in.

Boy the apology sounds stiff.

Is it an actual apology? The first apology statement from his campaign wasn't really an apology. It was more I'm sorry if anyone felt offended. No actual ownership that what he said and did was wrong and he actually regretted doing it.
 
Is it an actual apology?

No. He admitted to saying some foolish things, but didn't address that fact that he admitted to grabbing women's genitals. He deflected by saying that Bill Clinton has done worse to women.

ETA: It makes me wonder if his staff gave the A-OK on this. If they did, they're morons. Unless he really wants to lose and he sees this as his ticket out.

Steve S
 
Last edited:
No. He admitted to saying some foolish things, but didn't address that fact that he admitted to grabbing women's genitals. He deflected by saying that Bill Clinton has done worse to women.

ETA: It makes me wonder if his staff gave the A-OK on this. If they did, they're morons. Unless he really wants to lose and he sees this as his ticket out.

Steve S

Apologies don't work very well when you try and rationalize the action and attack someone else.
 
Tonight, I watched the Cubs win a playoff game, and then turned on the computer to see this.

It has been a great evening.



It's strange in a way. I really don't care that he's promiscuous. We knew that. When it comes to talking about women in a vulgar locker room way*, I can't get all that worked up about it. I also saw Hillary's tweet response, and laughed. It was (from memory) "This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become President of the United States." Really? I can think of a couple of guys who I thought were similar in some ways, and were pretty good presidents. You may be familiar with one of them.

But far more than the promiscuity and vulgarity that is revealed here, there is an ugliness to the style with which he talks about women in this quote. It shows a side of Donald we haven't seen before. A selfish, egotistical, narcissist who treats people as objects to be used. Oh, wait....we've seen that from day one of the campaign, and going back forever in his life as a public figure. This is nothing new. It's just expressed in a way that people cannot deny.

Meanwhile, I can't wait to watch those same Republicans who called for Bill Clinton's impeachment and who, in the course of that affair got all sanctimonious on us about personal morality somehow try to defend this. It should be amusing.

*Some of the ladies may wonder if all men talk like that when alone. When in locker rooms. When they are with their best buds talking about girls. The answer is....NO! Guys out there who do this, you can't hide behind "everybody does it" because not everybody does it. Yes, I have heard similar talk in locker rooms and other places where only men are gathered, but I generally think very low of the speakers who talk like that. I might laugh when I hear it, depending on exactly what is said, but I am laughing at them, not with them. I have occasionally said vulgar things about women, but never anything like this. There's a classy way of talking crudely, and there's the Trump way. His way is pretty bad.
 
Still the first time I've ever heard him say he's sorry. I bet Ivanka made him do it.

The flat affect shows he really wasn't into it. This is about the most unconvincing piece of video by anyone not in an orange jumpsuit.
 
Is it an actual apology? The first apology statement from his campaign wasn't really an apology. It was more I'm sorry if anyone felt offended. No actual ownership that what he said and did was wrong and he actually regretted doing it.

An unconvincing but actual apology that sounds like a canned speech read off the teleprompter.
 
Here's the "apology" It's "nothing more than a distraction."



Steve S
 
Free Republic has been an absolute pleasure this evening (well, morning here) - it's always a very special occasion when I visit that site!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom